*Author

Offline AjitTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Winner of the Card Border Redesign
Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg214884#msg214884
« on: December 02, 2010, 07:26:01 am »
NAME:
Moon Stone
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
3 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1|4
TEXT:
Each turn :darkness :darkness is generated if Nightfall is on the field.
:darkness : Target has a 50% chance of avoiding spells and attacks.
NAME:
Moon Gem
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
3 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3|4
TEXT:
Each turn :darkness :darkness is generated if Eclipse is on the field.
:darkness : Target has a 50% chance of avoiding spells and attacks.
ART:
Jacob Philpott (Ajit), original photo from Poetic-stock (http://poetic-stock.deviantart.com/) allowed to use
IDEA:
Ajit
NOTES:
- Ability works on opponents as well
- Ability not cumulative
- Ability can work as a counter to Fractal; causes opponent to miss Fractal and spend all of their :aether
- Idea behind ability is the fact that Darkness is about hiding in the darkness, so they become stealthy with this ability.
SERIES:
Gem Series (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,16740.0.html)

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg214886#msg214886
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 07:30:40 am »
Sweet, pokemon! :D

Anyway, this card seems decent. Not good, not bad. I don't have any way to improve it, but it's nice.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

• Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg215394#msg215394
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 02:20:39 am »
haha yes I thought of pokemon immediately when thinking of this one.  Anyways thanks for the comment.. even though you gave some mixed signals haha

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg220090#msg220090
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 07:49:19 am »
Out of all of the gems I've seen so far, this one (and possibly the Topaz :time gem) have the most unique abilities of the bunch. :) I think that both Nightfall OR Eclipse should trigger the quanta generation effect, but I'm assuming that you had to limit it to one card due to wording reasons, no? ^^;;

I could help you in regards to wording if you wanted to simplify the ability/wanted the 'Nightfall+Eclipse' effect to apply to both cards.

Re: Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg220094#msg220094
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 08:07:31 am »
Sure that'd be great to see your help Kuroaitou :)

I'm fine with it being both Eclipse and Nightfall.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg220097#msg220097
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 08:19:52 am »
Alrighty then! ^_^ Let's see if this works...

Instead of:
"Each turn :darkness :darkness is generated if Nightfall is on the field."

Try:
"Each turn :darkness :darkness is generated if Nightfall or Eclipse is active."

That way, it applies for both cards, regardless of whichever is on the field. It might be a slight spacing issue though, so if that doesn't work:

"Generate :darkness :darkness each turn if Nightfall or Eclipse is active."

Just a suggestion of course. ;)

kobisjeruk

Re: Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg247260#msg247260
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:39:54 pm »
I like the idea of having obscure interaction that is also very flavorful. But flavorly speaking, it does not make sense to me (well, more than a spark or a photon being a creature, I guess) that this was made a creature. Originally I thought it was a permanent similar to pillar/pendulum or the latest quanta generator, Soul Catcher. Maybe a name change is in order? (But that would remove the flavor aspect so I can see the dilemma there, sigh)
Second, the quanta generation is a bit much in my opinion, fractal these (kinda hard not to imagine anything made broken better with that cursed card) and suddenly your darkness quanta will bloat up so much to fuel your Siphon Life which is definitely not cool in my opinion. at least with Fractal-Pest your opponent needs to have quanta for you to steal, this only require Eclipse for 2x :darkness each and that is much easier to achieve. I'd say reduce the quanta generation to just 1 :darkness.
and change the text on the last line to read :-
 :darkness: Target creature has 50% evasion.

Re: Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg252081#msg252081
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 09:09:41 pm »
I like the idea of having obscure interaction that is also very flavorful. But flavorly speaking, it does not make sense to me (well, more than a spark or a photon being a creature, I guess) that this was made a creature. Originally I thought it was a permanent similar to pillar/pendulum or the latest quanta generator, Soul Catcher. Maybe a name change is in order? (But that would remove the flavor aspect so I can see the dilemma there, sigh)
Second, the quanta generation is a bit much in my opinion, fractal these (kinda hard not to imagine anything made broken better with that cursed card) and suddenly your darkness quanta will bloat up so much to fuel your Siphon Life which is definitely not cool in my opinion. at least with Fractal-Pest your opponent needs to have quanta for you to steal, this only require Eclipse for 2x :darkness each and that is much easier to achieve. I'd say reduce the quanta generation to just 1 :darkness.
and change the text on the last line to read :-
 :darkness: Target creature has 50% evasion.
Thanks for the comment there kobisjeruk :) I'll definitely consider reducing the quanta produced.

YoYoBro

Re: Moon Stone | Moon Gem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg252170#msg252170
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 11:17:03 pm »
I also agree you should make these shiny gems permanents :)

blarg: