*Author

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208136#msg208136
« on: November 24, 2010, 02:35:59 am »
NOTICE:
Due to several concerns pressed by fellow various community members, we've decided to help improve the fairness of all competitions by disapproving forms of advertisements for personal entries OUTSIDE the Poll Topic.

You may link and discuss cards in chat as long as you don't 'spam' the link, or advertise your submission by pretending to 'look for feedback'.

Here's an example of what you can and cannot do when a poll for a forum competition goes up:

GOOD:
"Hey guys, remember to take a look at the "X-Competition" on the forums! Try to vote before the deadline is up!" (In elements-chat) OR (In Kong-chat)
"Hey all, vote for my entry, #, in the 'X-Competition' ASAP please! It's a cool idea!" (In the Polls/Voting Topic)
"Hey guys, can I have feedback on my card at [link]?" (Once) (In elements-chat) OR (in Kong-Chat)

BAD:
"Hey all, vote for my entry, #, in the 'X-Competition' ASAP please! It's a cool idea" (In elements-chat)
"Hey all, vote for my entry, #, in the 'X-Competition' ASAP please! It's a cool idea" (In Kong-chat)
"Hey all, vote for my entry, #, in the 'X-Competition' ASAP please! It's a cool idea" (Anywhere else that isn't the Polls/voting Topic)
"Hey all, can I have feedback at [link]?" (5 Minutes later) "Hey all, can I have feedback at [link]?" (5 Minutes later) "Hey all, can I have feedback at [link]?" (In elements-chat) OR (in Kong-Chat)

Basically, advertisements for your own entries is heavily frowned upon outside of the voting topics, and if people provide evidence that you or someone else have been gaining votes simply due to excessive advertisement (in-chat, on Kong, through P.M.s, etc.), action may be taken accordingly based on the FCO's decision.

This is to hopefully improve the fairness of voting in all of the forum competitions, and to also prevent issues of extreme vote influence/swaying during any competitions. While the only thing one could win is an icon, if future awards are much more 'expensive' (i.e. - attractive to the community), these rules need to be in place to prevent such unbalancing popularity contests and variables.

Feel free to discuss any issues with this new standard.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:07:23 am by Zblader »

Offline Dragoon1140

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • New to Elements
Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208137#msg208137
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:37:33 am »
Just so it is known, all CO's will support this clause.

Thank you, Kuro, for making a pretty OP.  :)
Else known as "JonTheBon"

I also make videos and stuff.

Offline asymmetry

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Immolating myself non-stop since 2012
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWinner of the Design a Forum Award competitionMake a Magazine 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card 1st Place
Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208138#msg208138
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 02:39:20 am »
Awesome.
So, tell me my friend, what can you see? What comes into your mind as you breathe?
'cause I see colors flourishing like you'd never believe... like a pendulum swings, they swing with me!

QuantumT

Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208145#msg208145
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:46:02 am »
"Hey guys, remember to take a look at the "X-Competition" on the forums! Try to vote before the deadline is up!" (In Kong-chat)

This would be fine too right?

Offline Dragoon1140

• Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • New to Elements
Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208147#msg208147
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 02:47:09 am »
"Hey guys, remember to take a look at the "X-Competition" on the forums! Try to vote before the deadline is up!" (In Kong-chat)

Keyword is this:
(In elements-chat)

• Legendary Member
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208148#msg208148
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 02:47:43 am »

What Dragoon1140 just said. :)

I should add that to the initial post though, so thanks QuantumT. ^^

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208150#msg208150
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 02:49:05 am »
How can forum members be assured that this doesn't occur in other chat rooms other than Elements Chat?
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208153#msg208153
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 02:52:51 am »
How can forum members be assured that this doesn't occur in other chat rooms other than Elements Chat?
Some of us keep Kong open while playing and also chatting in Elements chat.  If it helps, I'll do my best to watch for this kind of activity while on Kong (but that leaves 3 other rooms unaccounted for; not a good solution but it's a start).
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Dragoon1140

• New to Elements
Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208154#msg208154
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 02:53:47 am »
Trust, mostly.  We can't control all forms of advertisement, but we can encourage everyone to trust each other to have a fair, fun competition.

QuantumT

Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208155#msg208155
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 02:54:45 am »
As long as people are aware of the rules, I don't think people will try to actively break them. Before it was a bit iffy, but not explicitly forbidden.

• Legendary Member
Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208157#msg208157
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 02:55:33 am »
A tough question, but here's my answer: it can't always be assured. I personally don't have access to everyone's P.M. inbox, chat histories, and whatnot, but if you spot someone advertising on any other chat room and screenshot it, you've done the community and participants a favor by giving us evidence to take action against those who are attempting to get illegal votes on these polls.

That said, chat moderators should also be aware of this sticky if possible - such personal ads will also be frowned upon in elements-chat.

kobisjeruk

Re: Regarding Advertisements & Competitions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16251.msg208158#msg208158
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 02:56:36 am »
you cant
theres a direct solution and indirect solution
a direct solution is something akin to limit the voting option to those who has a certain number of post
this is to deter those who only come in here, register just to vote (believe me, it does happen)

this is more of an indirect solution...something that you cant be sure of unless you or someone else happens to be there when people do the act
but at least its better than nothing

edit: wow, 4 post before i get to submit...damn i'm a slow typer

blarg: