*Author

Scaredgirl

Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg207585#msg207585
« on: November 23, 2010, 12:42:25 pm »
Please post feedback and suggestions. Thank you.

kobisjeruk

Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg207593#msg207593
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:11:41 pm »
in the finals, where winner of winner's bracket faced winner of loser's bracket, there need to be leverage for the winner of winner's bracket because everyone else (including winner of loser's bracket) have fought twice to get where they are but losing means winner of winner's bracket only fought once before being eliminated altogether

might be hard to understand, check here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_elimination#Conducting_the_tournament) for a better explanation

my suggestion from what i've seen in other games is that winner of the winner's bracket are awarded a Game 1 win which means they only need to win one more game to take the title whereas winner of loser's bracket need to win 2 games and not lost a single one

Scaredgirl

Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg207598#msg207598
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:17:07 pm »
my suggestion from what i've seen in other games is that winner of the winner's bracket are awarded a Game 1 win which means they only need to win one more game to take the title whereas winner of loser's bracket need to win 2 games and not lost a single one
Yes, this is exactly how it goes and Challonge brackets do it automatically. Like it says in the rules, you need to lose twice to be removed from the event, meaning the winner of the losers brackets must beat his or her opponent twice.

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg223437#msg223437
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 03:12:40 am »
My only suggestion is to require those that get a bye, thus an auto seat in round 1, to post their decks as everyone in the preliminaries has to do. No need to make the advantage they get by playing 1 less round any bigger than it already is by giving them the opportunity to counter their incoming opponents decks, opponents who have zero knowledge of what to expect.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

kobisjeruk

Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg223468#msg223468
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 03:50:06 am »
agreed^

the way i see on how to make it work is, once bracket has been posted, those who goes straight to R1 will be required to post a dummy 1-0 result thread with their decklist (main deck and sideboard) as content

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg355227#msg355227
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:20:07 am »
Looking for someone interested in being the organizer for this event, so please PM me if you are interested.  Someone who has participated in the past one and understands it well is preferred.
Carpe Diem!!

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg435639#msg435639
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 03:59:16 pm »
I heard this was gonna be the next event, so I guess I'll give my 'way late' feedback.

First of all, SoGs were bad for this event. You either had to play them or play a deck to counter them. With the nerf, they may not be as bad, but I doubt you'll allow any Shards yet.

Second, if a player gets a bye, as Napalm said, they should have to post their deck. The bye is already enough of an advantage.

Third, I like the 6 upped cards rule, I'm pretty sure others did as well, but I don't think they should be 'set' from the start. You should be able to pick to upgrade any 6 cards in your deck that you want. This will give even more teching if necessary.

Other than that, I think the event can be left how it is.

(Also, I can host if you still need someone.. but people would have to send their decks to you, since that'd be too much of an advantage if I saw everyone's decks.

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg438486#msg438486
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 03:21:40 am »
Here are the rules changes I am thinking of adopting.  I wanted to give everyone a few days to discuss them before making it official and starting up the event.

1.  No Shards
- Pretty self-explanatory

2. Upped Cards Can Be Changed
- You can change which cards are upped from match-to-match instead of having to keep the same 6 cards for the entire event

3. Ban List
- As it stands there is little or no incentive for deck creativity.  Not much really sets it apart from Leagues.  Certain select popular PvP cards would be banned to encourage diversity in deckbuilding and sideboards.

4. Deck Size Isn't Fixed
- Instead of selecting an intial deck and being forced to use decks of that size the entire time, players can use any size deck they like.  Instead players will be given 50 cards for their deck+sideboard.

5. Bracket Format Changed
- I forget what the issue was with the World Cup style format, so I'm going to try it here.  Players will be placed into pools and play each other once.  The winner of each pool will then go into a single-elimination tournament to determine the final winner.  This should eliminate any issues with players getting BYE's.

I think I covered just about everything but if I forgot something let me know.

Proposed Ban List
 :death Bone Wall
 :darkness Devourer
 :aether Dimensional Shield
 :entropy Discord
 :fire Fire Bolt
 :time Ghost of the Past
 :earth Graboid

** The idea is no more than 1 ban per element and only bans to eliminate the most popular PvP decks to force creative deckbuilding **
Carpe Diem!!

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg438490#msg438490
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 03:33:04 am »
I agree with all of these changes.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg438493#msg438493
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 03:36:15 am »
I love the World Cup style brackets.

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg438918#msg438918
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 03:24:13 pm »
All would be more then fine with me  (and I hope these rules will be made!)except...
4. Deck Size Isn't Fixed
- Instead of selecting an intial deck and being forced to use decks of that size the entire time, players can use any size deck they like.  Instead players will be given 50 cards for their deck+sideboard.

Strong players we're those who could make decks that counters most deck when tweaking em a bit, 50 cards ain't a sideboard, it becomes a mini-vault and it will totally change the idea of the event.  If you wish to change the size a bit, just say you work with 36 cards as before and make a deck of 30 TO 36 cards, so there is room for a lil flexibility and the fear of deckout will be here.  I hope people will agree on this. 

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Highly Overrated
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg439213#msg439213
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 02:13:09 pm »
Under the old system the minimum size of a deck+sideboard was 45 cards (30 card deck + 15 card sideboard).  All the 50 card system does is allow people to change deck size between matches with different cards.  Keep in mind 50 cards isn't just the sideboard, it's the total size of the deck AND sideboard, so a 30 card deck would have a 20 card sideboard for example.
Carpe Diem!!

anything
blarg: