*Author

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163324#msg163324
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:25:54 am »
Having experimented and tested different rushes, I began to observe several different trends and patterns mainly between Lava Rushes and various versions/adaptations of Speedbows.  This in turn caused me to question, "What if the two were combined?"  This is the result.  The deck is fast, as it was intended, and does not face the same quantum issues as I have observed in the past.  It has a ttw rate of 5.67, an EM rate of 11%, and an extremely low loss rate (approximately 1 out of every 100 duels).  And yes, this deck is intended for AI3 grinding.

Version 1.2:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 713 77g 77g 7ae 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7ds 7ds 7qb 7tb 809 809 809 809 809 8pm

Version 1.1:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 713 747 77g 77g 7ae 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7ds 7ds 7tb 809 809 809 809 809 8pm

Version 1.0:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6u1 713 77g 77g 7ae 7ae 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7gm 7tb 809 809 809 809 809 80g 8pm

(For a synopsis of all statistics) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,12878.msg177846#msg177846)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:53:11 am by willng3 »
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163325#msg163325
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 03:26:53 am »
Very nice deck! +1 for letting me post first :P :P :P
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline YawnChainHow

• Reputation Power: 9
  • YawnChainHow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Tees no longer available for purchase
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163328#msg163328
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 03:35:17 am »
I wonder if we'll start seeing different variations of CremaNova decks now that DEMA is out and on the rise.

Would replacing the Abyss Crawler with a second Werewolf be a good idea? And have you considered replacing something with Momentum?

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163331#msg163331
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 03:50:22 am »
I wonder if we'll start seeing different variations of CremaNova decks now that DEMA is out and on the rise.

Would replacing the Abyss Crawler with a second Werewolf be a good idea? And have you considered replacing something with Momentum?
I had originally built this deck with AI3 in mind, so that's where you can expect for it to perform best based on this make.  Abyss Crawler is necessary I feel, as it is the only creature utilizing :water.  Abyss Crawler is also one of your only forms of defense against Maxwell's, as the other creatures besides werewolf will get obliterated upon play.  Furthermore, a second werewolf would risk conflicting quantum use with the Vamp Dagger, which I want to avoid.  Honestly I was considering getting rid of the werewolf before, but I don't see any decent alternatives atm.
I don't think Momentum is necessary as well since an Explosion would probably serve for a better alternative; but the real point is that as this is an AI3 grinder, perm control isn't as great a consequence as say in t50.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Offline YawnChainHow

• Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163344#msg163344
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 04:08:18 am »
Points noted. I actually cannot say whether an additional Werewolf would be a good replacement for the Crawler, but here is my reasoning:
Abyss Crawler costs 4 :water. A pair of Werewolves would only cost 2 :entropy, 1 :entropy each, and activating Lycanthropy twice + playing the Dagger costs 4 :darkness total. While an additional Werewolf would certainly put more pressure on  :darkness:darkness usage is split over four cards, while  :water usage is focused on all one card.
Werewolves also have resistance against Maxwell's Demon, and although their damage takes an additional turn to peak, they can serve as Cremation fodder.

Memory fail.

• Legendary Member
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163348#msg163348
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 04:11:29 am »
Points noted. I actually cannot say whether an additional Werewolf would be a good replacement for the Crawler, but here is my reasoning:
Abyss Crawler costs 4 :water. A pair of Werewolves would only cost 2 :entropy, 1 :entropy each, and activating Lycanthropy twice + playing the Dagger costs 4 :darkness total. While an additional Werewolf would certainly put more pressure on  :darkness:darkness usage is split over four cards, while  :water usage is focused on all one card.
Werewolves also have resistance against Maxwell's Demon, and although their damage takes an additional turn to peak, they can serve as Cremation fodder.
I would do this except Werewolf costs 2 :entropy each.

Offline YawnChainHow

Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163365#msg163365
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 04:28:28 am »
Well, what if the Vampire Dagger was swapped for a Gavel?

And on a side note, Momentum has a bit of synergy with Ball Lightning on top of serving as a shield piercer.

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163367#msg163367
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 04:32:48 am »

And on a side note, Momentum has a bit of synergy with Ball Lightning on top of serving as a shield piercer.
i agree with yawn those are some mods that would seem to be for the best even a little CC maybe lightning bolts

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163369#msg163369
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 04:34:21 am »

vamp dagger is pretty boss.  A deck of mine has a 10 % EM rate solely by adding in a dagger.  For AI3 momentum only serves to slow you down; I prefer and extra critter for more damage.

• Legendary Member
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163371#msg163371
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 04:37:52 am »

vamp dagger is pretty boss.  A deck of mine has a 10 % EM rate solely by adding in a dagger.  For AI3 momentum only serves to slow you down; I prefer and extra critter for more damage.
^This.

i agree with yawn those are some mods that would seem to be for the best even a little CC maybe lightning bolts
CC tends to slow down rushes, which I do not want in the least; those that risk interfering with the quantum setup of other elements are also undesirable.

• Legendary Member
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163523#msg163523
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 03:37:32 pm »
I'm considering the following changes:

-1 Werewolf, + 1 Nova
-1 Giant Frog, + 1 Graviton Guard
-1 Abyss Crawler, + 1 Precognition
-1 Phase Recluse, + 1 Discord

I don't like creatures in this deck costing more than 3 quantum to play (besides Lava Golem of course), so I decided to change this.  Werewolf is really on useful to me as cremation fodder.  Precog and Discord were difficult decisions; precog speeds up the deck slightly while an early discord can disable the threat of shields/weapons/CC.

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Colours Ablaze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12878.msg163776#msg163776
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 11:56:38 pm »
Hmm. Idk what to do here. I would argue that Gaurd is too weak to be very effective, Perhaps a Minor Phoenix? At least those are really hard to kill. Also, is Discord or Dagger more important?
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

blarg: