*Author

Scaredgirl

Phase 4 - Final Battle - Fight! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153333#msg153333
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:28:03 pm »
Phase 4 - Final Battle
Time's up!

1. Ban cards   Time's up!
- Each player bans 6 cards
- Players cannot ban Pillars, Towers or Pendulums
- Banned cards can be of any element, including 'Other'
- Each card has to be from a different element ('Other' acts as a 13th element)
- Both unupped and upped version of the card will be banned using that one ban
- Opponent cannot use any of these banned cards in any of his/her decks
- You can use the cards that you banned but you cannot use the cards your opponent banned

Contentants have 5 days to come up with a list of 6 cards that they want to ban. They should PM their card list to Scaredgirl. If a contestant does not PM the list, no cards are banned and their opponent can use all the cards. After those 5 days, banned cards lists will be made public. Contestants will then have another 5 days to build their decks for the Final Battle that will last 7 days.

2. Prepare decks   Time's up!
"Banned Cards" are card banned by the person in question, meaning his/her opponent cannot use them. To see which cards you cannot use, simply look at the "Banned Cards" of your opponent. Please don't confuse this list with the one next to your name. No banned cards listed means the player in question did not ban any cards.

3. Fight!   Time's up!
The Final Battle is "best-of-nine" meaning that the player who gets 5 wins first, wins the battle.
If a Master wins, he or she retains the title. If a challenger wins, he or she becomes the new Master.

Players are to contact their opponents using PM's and find a duel time that is suitable for both players. Keep in mind that best-of-nine might take a long time, so you might need up to 2 hours to finish all the matches.

Players have to post the starting time of their duel on the Phase 4 topic of their element at least 24 hours before it happens so that community members will have a chance to observe the battle. Please post the time in GMT.

Deckbuilding rules:
- any amount of cards
- maximum amount of upgraded cards is the number of points a player scored during phases 1-3
- at least half of the cards in your deck has to be from the element in question
- any mark
- no Cards Banned by your opponent in segment 1

Contestants have 7 days to finish Final Battle. However I strongly advice that you try to make them happen as soon as possible to avoid a situation where you run out of time.

After the battle, please post match reports on the Phase 4 topic of your element. Thank you.

Good luck to everyone.

AETHER
  :aether
Master and ChallengersTotal ScoreBanned Cards
icecoldbro
-
wassd13
-
DARKNESS
 :darkness
kilfer8
-
Kael Hate
Fractal
Steal
Earthquake
Eternity
Adrenaline
Deflagration
DEATH
 :death
MrBlonde
Shard of Gratitude
 :aether Fractal
 :darkness Steal
 :fire Explosion
 :death Poison
 :air Wings
coinich
Fractal
Discord
Flying Weapon
Flesh Spider
Nightfall
Ice Shield
EARTH
 :earth
Terroking
Phase Shield.
Nova
Lava Golem
Shard of Gratitude
Devourer
Earthquake
Belthazar666
Basilisk Blood
Cremation
Black Hole
Miracle
ENTROPY
 :entropy
Zeru
Discord
Black Hole
Earthquake
Steal
Explosion
Phase Shield
Amilir
Nova
Shard of Gratitude
Black Hole
Earthquake
Quintessence
Poison
FIRE
 :fire
Antagon
-
kevkev60614
Immolation
Nova
Phase Shield
Earthquake
Steal
SoG
GRAVITY
 :gravity
Jumbalumba
Shard of Gratitude
Earthquake/Quicksand
Discord
Wings
Fractal
Phoenix/Minor Phoenix
girlsgeneration
:gravity Sapphire Charger | Elite Charger
:entropy Discord | Discord
:fire Fire Bolt | Fire Lance
:aether Lightning Bolt | Thunderbolt
:earth Earthquake | Quicksand
Shard of Gratitude
LIFE
 :life
Gl1tch
Shard of Gratitude
Eternity
Quintessence
Thorn Carapace
Firefly Queen
Pufferfish
killsdazombies
:life : rustler
 :darkness  : pest
 :entropy : antimatter
 :light : hope
 :aether : Dimensional sheild
 :fire Rain of fire
LIGHT
 :light
xdude
Earthquake
Gravity Shield
Miracle
Dimensional Shield
Antimatter
Shard of Gratitude
implosion
miracle
shard of gratitude
earthquake
fractal
deflagration
steal
TIME
 :time
Xinef
:aether Dimensional Shield
 :darkness Steal
 :earth Earthquake
 :entropy Butterfly Effect
 :fire Deflagration
 :time Devonian Dragon
Kuroaitou
:fire - Deflagration/Explosion
 :earth - Earthquake/Quicksand
 :time - Devonian/Silurian Dragons
 :darkness - Devourers/Pests
 :death - (Deadly) Poison
'Other' - Shard of Gratitude
WATER
 :water
Essence
Shard of Gratitude
Explosion
Steal
Pulverizer
Permafrost Shield
Quintessence
nilsieboy
freeze
wings
fractal
adrealine
poison
SoG

Thelonesun

Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153338#msg153338
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 04:33:04 pm »
Oho, so this is the twist you were talking about. Clever. :)

-waits for everyone to ban fractal-

Scaredgirl

Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153340#msg153340
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 04:35:17 pm »

Yes, I think Fractal might be one of the most popular choices, along with cards like Protect Artifact, Nova and SoG.

Then again if I suspect my opponent will ban Fractal, I can build my strategy around not using Fractal, basically making my opponent waste on ban.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153359#msg153359
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 05:31:39 pm »
Interesting standings. And what is this that I hear about a possible separate mini-event to decide Master of :air?

Me likey.  8)
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153376#msg153376
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 06:01:27 pm »
Im looking forward to the battles :)

Darkness, Life and Time is the most interesting for me, but all will be fun ;)
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153378#msg153378
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:03:02 pm »

Yes, I think Fractal might be one of the most popular choices, along with cards like Protect Artifact, Nova and SoG.

Then again if I suspect my opponent will ban Fractal, I can build my strategy around not using Fractal, basically making my opponent waste on ban.
I think purify will be banned by some people too ;)
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153389#msg153389
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 06:23:22 pm »
I think purify will be banned by some people too ;)
If you ban purify, you make a huge revelation of your strategy.. or a good bluff. However, is it worth to waste a ban to make a bluff?

$$$man

Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153430#msg153430
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:27:41 pm »
A question, Due to my banning there is no way I can grind for 5k score. Will I be disqualified due to this?

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153507#msg153507
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 10:02:01 pm »
For Darkness, if we ban Fractal, Earthquake, Adrenaline, Rage Potion, Devourer, and SoG... It's going to be painful trying to build decks without those...
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153509#msg153509
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 10:07:40 pm »
For Darkness, if we ban Fractal, Earthquake, Adrenaline, Rage Potion, Devourer, and SoG... It's going to be painful trying to build decks without those...
TU dragons with a phase wall for protection.

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153510#msg153510
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 10:08:16 pm »
The point of this rule is to make it hard for your opponent to build decks. I could definitely build some darkness decks without those.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12279.msg153518#msg153518
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 10:18:46 pm »
The point of this rule is to make it hard for your opponent to build decks. I could definitely build some darkness decks without those.
I know; I can too. But still, it's painful to be unable to use the most popular Darkness combos...

Meh. I'm not complaining. This is supposed to promote creativity, and I won't have to worry about playing against a Fractal for all 9 games anymore :P
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

blarg: