*Author

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12230.msg165301#msg165301
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 08:06:34 pm »
So, like I've been asking everybody, why did you ban the cards you did and how did that affect your deck-building strategy?

Pretty simple -- water doesn't really pair well with Gravity, so if you eliminate permanent control, shields rule -- and Water has the best shield in the game.  Creature Control can deal with Butterfly Effect, so out went Steal, Deflag, and Pulvy.

Second, eliminate Permafrost so that I don't have to worry about the best shield in the game being used against me (didn't count on Mindgate letting him 'borrow' mine!)

Third, eliminate easy healing: SoG must go.

Finally, Water is the element of CC -- and Quint kills CC -- so Quintessence had to be banned as well.

Realistically, the lack of permanent control and Quint had a HUGE effect on the way that I built my decks; the other bans, not so much -- they were more to limit his deckbuilding options than to guide my own.  :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12230.msg165437#msg165437
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 01:48:24 am »
awww i wanted nilsie to win

oh well congrats Essence

guolin

Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12230.msg169482#msg169482
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 04:10:17 am »
Essence, your in-depth choices of your card bans probably helped you a lot. Banning Mindgate (which I used to beat both Nilsie and Raving during Phase III, xD) instead of Pulvy (clunky trio much?) would have been overkill.

If I was any better at building restricted PvP decks/PvPing, I would have totally tried to get into Team Water at all costs. But my PvP skills are still a little off, so I grabbed Warmaster.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12230.msg169712#msg169712
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 03:36:04 pm »
Essence, your in-depth choices of your card bans probably helped you a lot. Banning Mindgate (which I used to beat both Nilsie and Raving during Phase III, xD) instead of Pulvy (clunky trio much?) would have been overkill.

If I was any better at building restricted PvP decks/PvPing, I would have totally tried to get into Team Water at all costs. But my PvP skills are still a little off, so I grabbed Warmaster.
Actually, if I didn't lose steam on 2-2, I could've built a decent counter to your deck.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

guolin

Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12230.msg169777#msg169777
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 05:00:45 pm »

Actually, if I didn't lose steam on 2-2, I could've built a decent counter to your deck.
Speaking of which, Essence didn't build a counter to nilsie's Mind Gates, either.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12230.msg169950#msg169950
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 08:34:13 pm »
Are you kidding?  The Earthquake Rush was specifically designed to kill the Mindgates.  It's the only deck in the list that I didn't build long before the final matches started. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

guolin

Re: Phase 4 - Final Battle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12230.msg170124#msg170124
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 12:17:18 am »
Are you kidding?  The Earthquake Rush was specifically designed to kill the Mindgates.  It's the only deck in the list that I didn't build long before the final matches started. :)
It was a little late though. :P

blarg: