*Author

midg3333

duo gravity-aether FG killer (fractal feasting) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11353.msg139664#msg139664
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:47:51 am »
This is a gravity/aether deck that I made because I was bored of other FG killers. It's similar to a fractal charger deck that I saw a while back, but includes some modifications. I tried finding the fractal charger deck to see just how similar it was, but I couldn't find it, so here's the deck.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 74b 74b 74b 808 808 808 808 808 808 80d 80d 80d 80d 80h 80h 80h 80i 80i 80i 8pu

I originally created this deck before the most recent update, so it does not include pendulums, so if you wanted to make a modification with them, feel free to. The idea is to either get an early quinted oty for cc, while stalling with dim shields and shards before fractalling a charger near the end. It is sometimes a good strategy to quint a charger, fractal an oty or just improvise. FG's with permanent control aren't impossible because this deck has so many permanents that, by the time they have destroyed them all, you usually have control of the board. The lack of permanant control can sometimes be a problem, but not usually, because chargers ignore shields and often other permanents aren't often a problem. I don't have statistics for this deck, nor am I convinced that the ratios are ideal (especially with that many fractals, it couldprobably work with 3, or even 2). Input and feedback would be appreciated.

some little tips for different FG's
FQ - if you don't have an early quinted oty, you can regain board control by stalling with dim shields then fractalling an oty to eat all their fireflies. Fractal allows you to play too many creatures for their EE's to control.
FG's with parallel universe - It can be useful to fractal an oty, then have your most powerful oty (or 2 most powerful oty's) quinted, and keep it at least 1hp higher than the highest unquinted oty. Keep devouring things with your otys until they PU your unquinted oty. You will now be able to block their PU'd otys with dim shield as you devour them with your quinted otys

more to be added later.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:14:24 am by willng3 »

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: duo gravity-aether FG killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11353.msg139720#msg139720
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:53:58 am »
looks good,the otys make a great addition to this deck i think
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

BurnOne

Re: duo gravity-aether FG killer (fractal feasting) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11353.msg149703#msg149703
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:00:23 pm »
Did you ever PLAY this deck against a false God? 16 matches no win till now, ugh.

midg3333

Re: duo gravity-aether FG killer (fractal feasting) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11353.msg150663#msg150663
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:52:44 am »
Did you ever PLAY this deck against a false God? 16 matches no win till now, ugh.
yes, it is the main deck i use against FG's these days, mostly because i got bored of the others. Its win rate isn't quite as good as other decks win rates, but it's not that bad... If you tell me which false gods you have the most trouble with, I can try and give you advice as to how to beat it. Just for reference, the harder gods are:
graviton - you can't eat his creatures unless he uses RoF and you eat some of your own creatures with a quinted oty, almost impossible unless you get a great draw and he gets a terrible draw.
scorpio - poison gets past shields, quite a few of his creatures poison your otys when you devour them.
divine glory - I have beaten him, but you need a bit of luck to do so. Your you need a fractal + charger combo out relatively quickly, and you need to hope that he doesn't explode too many shields.
decay - if you don't get otys out quickly enough, he gets out too many pests and drains all your quanta.
Eternal phoenix - i have come close to beating him. very close. you need a quinted oty, possibly 2. It also helps to fractal an oty. Remember that even when he uses RoF, you can still devour phoenixes with weakened otys. Use your quinted oty/s to devour ashes. Use your shields when he has used up explosions of your shards when possible

the others are easy-medium, with a few being difficult with certain draws. Some require early otys, which you sometimes just don't get. It is a reasonable deck, but it can still be improved and any help is appreciated. If you don't have all those cards upped, i can't guarantee the same results.

blarg: