*Author

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Acceleration | Overdrive https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg134358#msg134358
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:32:35 pm »
NAME:
Acceleration
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
3 :gravity
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
Target Creature loses
current activated ability but
instead gains +1/-1 per turn.
Momentum.
NAME:
Overdrive
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
5 :gravity
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
ABILITY:
Target Creature loses
current activated ability but
instead gains +2/-1 per turn.
Momentum.
ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/730968
Photo by asifthebes
IDEA:
EvaRia
NOTES:
Does not stack.
An Activated Ability is an ability that you need to click on the card in order to activate.
Activated abilities are removed. Non-Activated abilities are added to the creature's passive skill list.
Acceleration | Overdrive then becomes the creature's active ability.
If the creature is delayed, then no stat change happens for the duration of the delay.
If the creature is frozen, then effect continues as normal.
If the creature is adrenalined, then it's stats will change each attack instead of each turn.
If the creature is lobotomized, it will lose the effect of this card.
SERIES:

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg134366#msg134366
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:43:00 pm »
I like this idea. It is another use for gravity's high amount of HP.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

JJ 52

Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg134368#msg134368
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:47:35 pm »
This+flying titan (or colossal dragon) = :o :o :o :o

But flying titan might get its HP reduced so its not as bad.

Overall I actually like the idea... :P

• Legendary Member
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg134401#msg134401
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:12:35 pm »
ty =]

If it makes it through, I get the feeling it's going to be used a lot =O
Unlike a lot of the cards I see here, I wasn't trying to make anything gimmicky or highly situational,
just something useful that takes advantage of Gravity's high hp.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg134886#msg134886
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 03:51:15 am »
This+flying titan (or colossal dragon) = :o :o :o :o
It's not like it instantly gains +20/-20. This is like a form of "minor-ablaze" with no cost, and it makes the creature more vulnerable over time. I'd say it's fair.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Legit

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Laxydaxy drives a taxi
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FirePsuedo-Element Winner (Tech)
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg134930#msg134930
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 04:55:08 am »
This and voodoo dolls would be cool.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg134933#msg134933
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 05:08:00 am »
This and voodoo dolls would be cool.
Agreed. This card provides more synergy between Gravity and Darkness, which is always a nice touch (even though it's a little bit similar to the Liquid Shadow/Vampire effect from losing health per turn).  :)

That said Eva, you should probably fix the following before submitting this card to the Crucible:
-Remove the  :gravity symbol from the 'Element' section of your table box. "Gravity quanta Gravity" is a bit redundant and icons should never be placed inside the Element box
-You might have to change your artwork. The link you provided is also an 'istock' photo, which means it's not free for public use: http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-2073811-highway-at-night-german-autobahn.php

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135012#msg135012
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 08:48:59 am »
Added in "loses current active ability" to prevent +4/+1 per turn on lava golems and forest spirits, as well as dive, on an afterthought.
I will take into account the art thing, I'm bad at drawing so I sorta went with what I could find, lol.
If someone posts better art for this I would be more than glad to use it.
Took out Gravity symbols under element as suggested as well.
Now where's the Curator?

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135033#msg135033
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 09:56:37 am »
Added in "loses current active ability" to prevent +4/+1 per turn on lava golems and forest spirits, as well as dive, on an afterthought.
I will take into account the art thing, I'm bad at drawing so I sorta went with what I could find, lol.
If someone posts better art for this I would be more than glad to use it.
Took out Gravity symbols under element as suggested as well.
Now where's the Curator?
He'll come to it when it's ready EvaRia. :P

That said, here's some artwork that's apparently royalty free, and doesn't require artist credit (I believe): http://www.sxc.hu/photo/730968

Also - you have a discrepancy between your upgraded table description for the card ability. ('lose' should be 'loses', based on the upgraded card image you have). Try to fix those up as well, okay? ^^;

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135034#msg135034
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 09:58:45 am »
You would not believe how many times i modified in the last couple minutes ><
Checking out the artwork...
oohhh that'll work =]
tyvm
working on account stuff for that site and remaking the image...
again><
and yes, I will be crediting the artist according to the site regulations. (No worries though =])

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135037#msg135037
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 10:21:36 am »
And finished (finally ><).
Wow, that art looks way better than my original =D

Slight change to notes. (Changed description for "active" ability, factored in delay.)

Ideas for freezes?
Thing moving very fast being frozen = bad, but how bad?

the Sage

Re: Acceleration | Overboost https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10924.msg135133#msg135133
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 02:35:41 pm »
I would make the upgraded one cost 3  :gravity as well, and make it do +2/-2 instead of +2/-1.

Since this is a card that will be used with high hp creeps anyway (basilisk blood, stone form gargoyle, flying titan, you name it), this will still be powerful. It's actually like acceleration, but FASTER! =D

Also, I'm not a great fan of the upgraded name (Overboost). I guess I'd like Overdrive better.
I do very much like the name Acceleration, since it matches very nicely with gravity and momentum in providing that real physics feel to the element (and to the science feel of the game in general).

blarg: