*Author

guolin

Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg120954#msg120954
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »
NAME:
Mudslide
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
3 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ABILITY:
Every turn, enemy creatures might be moved to the top/bottom row. Absorb :earth :earth :earth per turn.
NAME:
Mudslide
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
3 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ABILITY:
Every turn, enemy creatures might be moved to the top/bottom row. Absorb :earth :earth per turn.
ART:
http://www.photoready.co.uk/scenes/images/mudslide-tree-beach.jpg
IDEA:
Guolin
NOTES:
Here's how this card works:

After an enemy creature in the middle row "attacks" when this permanent is in play, it has a 50% chance to be moved to the top/bottom rows. It is then drowned if Flooding/Inundation is in play and it is non-water and non-other. If the top and bottom rows are already full, a creature in the middle row swaps places with a creature in the top/bottom rows.

I realize that this may be a little off balance, so feel free to comment!
SERIES:
Water, the Element of Control (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10137.0.html)

wizelsnarf

Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg121528#msg121528
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:35:23 am »
Seems pretty reasonable.

I think it should just not work rather than trading places if the board is full though. It doesn't really make sense to have them switch... Assuming the middle is the high ground thing should fall down but not fall up...

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg121555#msg121555
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:35:41 am »
I think it balances pretty well, and more :earth / :water synergy is good.

The only thing I'm worried about is it's very specific.

This card is only useful in a  :earth / :water deck when flooding is in play. It'd be a great card for one specific deck, and could be interesting if we add in more cards that only affect the top/bottom rows, but other than that it wouldn't see much use.

guolin

Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg121686#msg121686
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:32:39 am »
Seems pretty reasonable.

I think it should just not work rather than trading places if the board is full though. It doesn't really make sense to have them switch... Assuming the middle is the high ground thing should fall down but not fall up...
I envisioned an Artic Dragon sliding down, going splat on an Infected Cell below (who is immune to Flooding), then bumping it back up. :P

@ratch: Eh, I like specific synergies. I'm pretty certain there WILL be cards that affect the top/bottom rows, though, and I'm banking on that. At least it's not as specific as my Negation Field, which HAD to be used with Antimatter. Either way, I think of this with Flooding like Immolation with RoL/Brimstone Eater. It's designed only to be a combo card, and it works only as a combo card.

Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg123046#msg123046
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 06:32:21 pm »
I envisioned an Artic Dragon sliding down, going splat on an Infected Cell below (who is immune to Flooding), then bumping it back up. :P
Which is only a strategic factor in an even narrower deck concept, or if you have a fairly uncommon type of opponent.  Now we're dealing with :water :earth :death trio decks, or if cells aren't in the equation, the switch would just be arbitrary and pointless.  Definitely agree if the outer rows are full it shouldn't do a thing.  It's really not much of an issue anyway, since unless you're fighting a water deck or running trio with death, once this card's in play in combo with flooding, the outer rows won't stay full!

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg124147#msg124147
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:15:27 pm »
i like this card because i like water to xD,and people say that this is the only way to use it with flooding but you can make a strong deck of them to realy annoy the opponent.
(flying tridents who kill his pillars and this+flooding who kills the few creatures that he maybe has) nice job ;)
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg124182#msg124182
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 07:51:16 pm »
guolin - edit the following in your table:

"Every turn, enemy creatures might be moved to the top/bottom rows. Absorb :earth :earth :earth per turn."

For the description, cut out the highlighted 's' to match the card description to the table.

Also, remove the '(elite)' from the title of your post to match the upgraded card name.

That said, this + Inundation is a REALLY nasty combo, assuming the majority of the creatures aren't immortalized. You'd have to have a plethora of :earth and :water quanta for it to work, but with a Trident, you can have amazing quanta denial/pillar denial and creature control with two semi-synergy based elements. Moreover, the fact that this card pretty much only works if you couple it with Flooding makes this card highly situational, and not something I could see quite yet until we have more environmental-positioning based cards.

guolin

Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg124271#msg124271
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 10:04:59 pm »
guolin - edit the following in your table:

"Every turn, enemy creatures might be moved to the top/bottom rows. Absorb :earth :earth :earth per turn."

For the description, cut out the highlighted 's' to match the card description to the table.

Also, remove the '(elite)' from the title of your post to match the upgraded card name.

That said, this + Inundation is a REALLY nasty combo, assuming the majority of the creatures aren't immortalized. You'd have to have a plethora of :earth and :water quanta for it to work, but with a Trident, you can have amazing quanta denial/pillar denial and creature control with two semi-synergy based elements. Moreover, the fact that this card pretty much only works if you couple it with Flooding makes this card highly situational, and not something I could see quite yet until we have more environmental-positioning based cards.
Lol, you need to ask Kael to be his assisstant. Also I the title is fine as long as there's no (elite) in the table version, I think.

I'm thinking of making an Earth card, perhaps a rock trap?

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg124680#msg124680
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 11:59:28 am »
...Also I the title is fine as long as there's no (elite) in the table version, I think.

In regards to the thread title: oh. ^^; I guess it's okay then...

Personally though, I think that :earth already has a plethora of cards to choose from in order to create some crazy synergies with (Earth has a total of 15 cards with rares), but I won't stop you in case you want to create a new environmental synergy with Mudslide. ;)

guolin

Re: Mudslide | Mudslide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10043.msg124767#msg124767
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 03:37:18 pm »
...Also I the title is fine as long as there's no (elite) in the table version, I think.

In regards to the thread title: oh. ^^; I guess it's okay then...

Personally though, I think that :earth already has a plethora of cards to choose from in order to create some crazy synergies with (Earth has a total of 15 cards with rares), but I won't stop you in case you want to create a new environmental synergy with Mudslide. ;)
Trident needs more love. :D

anything
blarg: