*Author

Offline BarragorTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Barragor is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Been around for a while. Wish I could change IGN.
Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258206#msg1258206
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:06:24 am »
Lately I've been getting random crashes (they happen pretty often), turning the elements window grey.

I tried adobe flash settings (turning off hardware acceleration and protected mode etc. Nothing worked.

Is it due to some recent update?

I play on www.elementsthegame.com
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258210#msg1258210
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:36:46 pm »
I have been having the same problem recently. The problem lies with an update with the flash player, considering the amount of game updates. For me, "pretty often" can be replaced with extremely often: especially when the game tries to save after spinning the Oracle/winning a match. Well, the last part might be psychological, too, since that's when I'm most upset about it crashing. The crash also seems to crash all elements tabs open at the same time, which is another reason I believe it to be a problem with the flash player.

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258213#msg1258213
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 12:58:33 pm »
Can you please post your operating system and version, browser and browser version, and flash version?
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258214#msg1258214
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 01:02:57 pm »
Window turning grey sounds like your browser isn't responding. Flash has historically had a problem with memory leaks after an update, which often caused this exact thing to happen. Some people only experience this leak causing this problem on Chrome because Chrome also leaks memory, and some people never notice because they have a surplus of RAM. A third group of people solved this by putting the game on a tab or window that isn't de-selected when it has to process. It's when Flash has to work in the background that it seems to bottleneck and freeze up (which is the cause of most desynchs in PvP).

I haven't experienced it since I switched to Firefox and built a new PC, but back when I did I had to restart my browser now and again to prevent this until Flash came out with a new update. It's a terribly outdated piece of software, unfortunately.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258219#msg1258219
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 01:51:49 pm »
Firefox: 51.0.1
Adobe Flash Player: 24.0.0.221
Windows 10 Home: ???

The issue isn't reproducible here when I try it, it's usually shortly after booting up my comp when quickly trying to check the oracle that the crashes happened... exactly when it's downloading updates for virus scanner and stuff (which eats RAM). RAM isn't great on this laptop, so that definitely sounds like the issue (combined with Flash).

EDIT: so I made sure I had some other stuff running on the background to make it crash again, here's a screenie.
Spoiler for screenshot:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:24:38 pm by TheonlyrealBeef »

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258252#msg1258252
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 01:14:48 am »
To be fair, Firefox also leaks memory:
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Firefox-is-slow-or-stops-working/Firefox-uses-too-much-memory-RAM-How-to-fix/ta-p/562

But it's much better about containing the leaks.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258261#msg1258261
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 05:54:08 am »
...The crash also seems to crash all elements tabs open at the same time, which is another reason I believe it to be a problem with the flash player.
Can confirm. This happens to me and it brings down everything I have open that uses flash, not just elements.
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258270#msg1258270
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 11:35:31 am »
For me it was a different grey screen (it was only grey, no stripes or message or anything).

Info:
FireFox: 51.0.1
Adobe: 24,0,0,221
Windows 7

It started occurring when I started using the Tile Tabs plugin, but when I disabled it it was still happening...
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1258448#msg1258448
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 12:41:31 pm »
Well, I managed to get this screen today, too (and this time I wasn't trying to crash it, having only one tab open and active with flash).
Spoiler for screenshot:
Guess you get different screens depending on how it crashes (I pressed "all cards" in the deck management screen).

Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1259222#msg1259222
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 10:18:08 am »
Well, I managed to get this screen today, too (and this time I wasn't trying to crash it, having only one tab open and active with flash).
Spoiler for screenshot:
Guess you get different screens depending on how it crashes (I pressed "all cards" in the deck management screen).

I have exactly that! I get it everywhere: on login, on oracle, on your deck, in games, in arena. It just happens randomly.

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
Re: Elements Crashes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64239.msg1259228#msg1259228
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 01:02:01 pm »
I've never had this crash, even playing it for 4 hours last weekend. Logging what I use so maybe we can start to isolate it.

Chrome: 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)
Adobe: 24,0,0,221
macOS 10.12.3

anything
blarg: Amashi