*Author

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Oracle : Hermes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600.msg1120883#msg1120883
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 71b 71b 71b 71b 74b 74b 74b 74b 7k1 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 80f 80h 80h 80h 80h 8pl

Spinning on the concept of BW+CC, I made something more suited to combat Hermes. For future tries I'm going to pack 2 AM's, since even though the huge early Destroyer I never managed to nom never got to hit me even once, it could've given me an EM instead of me ending with a dangerous 30-ish HP due to Lances.

As with all Rainbows, get bad RNG with towers and you'll end up dead. In this case because of no BW. Mine went up around 36 HP. Nom extra Otys if no food is around.

I won with this deck on last round with exact damage. The problem is probably the lack of damage (my dragon perished to an early firewall). Anyone with a shard of wisdom should use it.

Offline Paranoid4ndroid

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Paranoid4ndroid hides under a Cloak.
  • Ambition makes you look pretty ugly.
Re: Oracle : Hermes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600.msg1123826#msg1123826
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2014, 06:02:43 pm »
Spoiler for Hidden:
If oracle told you its Hermes, use this deck

592 592 592 592 592 592 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61r 61r 61r 61r 61r 61r 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 8pm

I got nothing in spins, but it was easy win. First thing you do is use Enchant Artifact on pillars. Then simply wait until you have around 40hp left. At this point you should start to chain your shields/enchant artifact them and use spare  :aether  to Parallel Universe his Lava Golems, when they have 10+ hp

Oracle told me about Hermes and I just tried this deck against him ('cause if I'm not mistaken it's the only one among suggested decks which is totally unupped and I couldn't do otherwise), well I must say that I miserably failed but I think I was quite unlucky. I managed to EA my pillars early, but I drew no more EAs and I was forced to play my DSs without EA in order to avoid death from his pumped golems (but he smashed my DSs pretty fast, and obviously without shields I died pretty fast too). When I had 13 cards left in my deck, 5 remaining EAs were still laying there (that's because I think I was unlucky). Anyway I liked the idea of this deck (although I noticed it is very EA reliant and if you don't draw them you're pretty much done), maybe I'll give it another try.

Offline ColorlessGreen

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Oracle : Hermes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600.msg1123827#msg1123827
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »
FWIW I personally don't really like to EA my pillars unless I'm in a situation where I have a lot of EA's in hand and a low number of pillars (and even then, usually not unless I'm in danger of discarding the EA's). Hermes does spam explosions, but it usually isn't enough spam to really shut down your quanta generation, while having a dim shield exploded is probably game over.

The deck is definitely very draw-dependent, but it does work fairly frequently and is definitely worth playing IMO.

Offline Paranoid4ndroid

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Paranoid4ndroid hides under a Cloak.
  • Ambition makes you look pretty ugly.
Re: Oracle : Hermes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600.msg1123841#msg1123841
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2014, 07:36:05 pm »
FWIW I personally don't really like to EA my pillars unless I'm in a situation where I have a lot of EA's in hand and a low number of pillars (and even then, usually not unless I'm in danger of discarding the EA's). Hermes does spam explosions, but it usually isn't enough spam to really shut down your quanta generation, while having a dim shield exploded is probably game over.

The deck is definitely very draw-dependent, but it does work fairly frequently and is definitely worth playing IMO.
You're right, I feared he would have shattered my pillars and that was my fault, I had just one EA in my starting hand and I thought "hey, I'll draw EAs for sure, there are still 5 of them in my deck" but I was so wrong. Anyway thanks for the tips.

Offline trashduke

• Reputation Power: 7
  • trashduke is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Got bros?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #10 Winner - Team AirChampionship League 2/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 3rd PlaceWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessThe Last Sontaran - Winner of TrenzaloreSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Oracle : Hermes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600.msg1130536#msg1130536
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2014, 02:07:32 pm »
For what it's worth, I just won with a mirror/SoW deck.  But Hermes had the slowest start I've ever seen...  I had to toss out a SoW b/c there were no creatures to play it on!  Very strange game.

7k0 7k0 7k0 7k0 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80a 80a 80a 80a 80a 80a 80h 80h 80h 80h 80h 80h 816 816 816 816 816 816 8pq

Rainbros guild

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Oracle : Hermes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600.msg1130539#msg1130539
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2014, 03:06:28 pm »
That's pretty damn common for Hermes. He tends to play just a few growers. Though they come out fast, growers are perfect targets for Quint+SoW+Mirror since he'll keep growing them. The bigger issue in making such a deck consistent against Hermes is the quanta: with 12 Explosions he'll easily destroy all your towers if you pack too few. 8 is far, far too little. Luckily you don't need much quanta or CC, so you can easily remove 2 Thunderbolts for 2 Towers, or more.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Grizzox

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Grizzox is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Returning Player
Re: Oracle : Hermes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600.msg1218876#msg1218876
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2015, 03:52:33 pm »
Been EM'ing against Hermes regularly with a Speed Poison Kamikaze variant.

710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71a 71a 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 8po

The extra Arsenics and Towers are there to mitigate multiple Explosions from Hermes. You can add one or two weapons or towers to personal taste. As with all Kamikaze decks, just make sure not to deck yourself out.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Oracle : Hermes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600.msg1254096#msg1254096
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2016, 11:27:25 am »
I may have found a more reliable deck for me than the usual Poisondials-and-pray, but I've only played it twice so far (both EM):

4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 71a 71a 71b 71b 71b 71b 71b 71b 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 8pj

As early BW as you can to protect Towers from Explosions (unless you draw lots of Towers). Arsenic once you have a big BW or just several in hand. You'll wanna get about 10 Poison counters at least.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

blarg: