*Author

Offline HexalanTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Hexalan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I came. I was. I am. I continue.
Halfblood electrum reward? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44470.msg1012615#msg1012615
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:58:01 am »
All right, so the electrum reward from beating AI is based on your health left at the end of the fight. It takes the base reward, which is twice the fight cost, then takes a proportion of your health left to it.
If you beat a Level 2 (10 electrum) with 80/100 health left, you get 9. If you have 60 health left, you get 8, and so on.
For Normals and Elders, the lowest you can get is half the base reward if you have 1 health left.

But for Half Bloods, the number can actually go lower than the cost. It's possible to actually lose money even by winning a majority of fights.

Why does it work like this?
"my anger gave me strength to ask them my last question. 'Who are you, that do not know your history?' and they awoke ... for a short time. The flag you wear, they said. We remember, America. It wasn't just a flag to them ... it was a place, an idea they cared for. Once."

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Halfblood electrum reward? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44470.msg1012632#msg1012632
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 04:27:53 am »
I had to doublecheck this to make sure I wasn't wrong about most of this, but as far as I can tell you should never lose electrum to a Half-blood for winning.

Consider the cost for playing a match an ante.  If you lose you pay the cost, if you win the cost is ignored and instead you win an amount of electrum determined by 1) the reward amount specified below each AI level 2) your remaining HP 3) if your remaining HP is equal to your max HP.  As an example, here were the amounts that I got for defeating a Half-blood just now:

HP remaining:  92/132 (I used two Shards of Divinity)
Electrum earned:  38

The way I see it, electrum earned from a duel versus AI is calculated as follows:
ElectrumEarned=[(10+(RemainingHP/10))/20]*RewardAmount;

If you defeat the opponent with an Elemental Mastery, ElectrumEarned is then doubled.

So in the case of my example,
[(10+(92/10))/20]*40=38

This is then verified by my electrum both before and after the battle going from 1928187 to 1928225.

This formula should apply to all AI levels, but I honestly don't know how the Arena or PvP electrum rewards are calculated entirely.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:40:53 am by willng3 »
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Psychoa

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Psychoa is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hello :D
  • Awards: Elements in Real Life Winner
Re: Halfblood electrum reward? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44470.msg1012637#msg1012637
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 05:10:07 am »
I tested this out, and got 18 electrum for winning with 15 HP left..

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Halfblood electrum reward? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44470.msg1012652#msg1012652
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:54:49 am »
Yeah something's not right about the formula I posted.  It works for AI3 values, but even by modifying it I can't seem to get it work for HBs or FGs, even though it appears to work for both bare minimum values and EMs at 100HP.

You might want to post your question on this thread: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32442.0.html
as it seems there's a distinct possibility I may be wrong about how electrum is earned entirely.

However, you still should never lose electrum from facing HBs.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Halfblood electrum reward? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44470.msg1012658#msg1012658
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 07:04:25 am »
To note: when you win, you are refunded the amount of electrum you won, BEFORE you gain rewards. It is possible to gain less Electrum than what you would lose if you lost.

e.g.: I pay 20 :electrum to play a HB. I win with 1 hp left, and get back the 20 :electrum I paid. I then get ~10 (whatever it is) :electrum after that.
Say I started with 20 :electrum, it'd go 20 --> 0 --> 20 --> ~30 (or whatever)
Beware the Darkness.

Offline HexalanTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Hexalan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I came. I was. I am. I continue.
Re: Halfblood electrum reward? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44470.msg1012709#msg1012709
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 03:20:57 pm »
Yeah, I know you only lose the electrum when you lose the game, but it's what I'm saying is that over the long term you can be down.

I don't know exactly the minium, but I have gotten low as 15 from a halfblood before, so let's go with that.

Say I played 100 games and won 55 of them. For the 45 lost, that's -900 electrum. The 55 that I won got me 15 each, so only 825 total.

Even though I won 10 more games then I lost, I still lost 75 electrum over the course of the entire string of games.
"my anger gave me strength to ask them my last question. 'Who are you, that do not know your history?' and they awoke ... for a short time. The flag you wear, they said. We remember, America. It wasn't just a flag to them ... it was a place, an idea they cared for. Once."

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Halfblood electrum reward? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44470.msg1012719#msg1012719
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 04:34:45 pm »
It's a little wonky, but I think it's fair. For a game won, you will never lose  :electrum, and you will receive  :electrum relative to your success in that game. For a game lost, you will be penalized. In your scenario, you lost money overall, but what you earned was relative to your skill level. Also in a typical scenario, no one's going to be so bad at farming that they lose money overall. :P You also have to consider the chance of winning upped cards from halfbloods, which will obviously result in much more profit anyway.
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

anything
blarg: