*Author

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg324441#msg324441
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »
Some Stats
GamesWonEMsUpped card winsUnupped card wins
That's less then 1 uped card per 10 wins. Sounds really unrewarding o_O
Games are generally more interesting than FG. Makes up for reward difference. (in my opinion)
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Astrocyte

Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg332319#msg332319
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 06:16:22 pm »
Half-bloods are worth it to me 'cause of my absurdly bad luck winning cards from FG spins!  :))

Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg339744#msg339744
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 07:53:46 pm »
Yes, well...it depends on what mark/cards the HG is using.

The HG has no solid strategy, mainly flank you and hope they get lucky.

Elders & FG's both have solid strategys that can smack you silly.

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg339778#msg339778
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 08:57:37 pm »
This reminds me of Masow I once met, who played nothing(!), but catapults and Voodoos from the start of the game and completely destroyed me in an ugly way even some FGs would've been jealous to.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg339784#msg339784
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »

I met a HB called Aquarius today. He had a :earth mark and Had several Poseidons in his deck. You can bet I was happy that I was running pillarless :))

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg339785#msg339785
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 09:06:26 pm »

I met a HB called Aquarius today. He had a :earth mark and Had several Poseidons in his deck. You can bet I was happy that I was running pillarless :))
Terrius or Aquara. Aquarius is mono water.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Aroodwen

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Aroodwen is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg514076#msg514076
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 06:13:42 am »
Well I went ~100  games with only 1 upgraded card the next day I plaied 6 games and won 4 upgraded cards. Their seems to be a HUGE randomness factor. Could potentially make halfbloods 2 full unupgraded spins and 1 upgraded spin instead of a mixture.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg514079#msg514079
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 06:19:14 am »
Well I went ~100  games with only 1 upgraded card the next day I plaied 6 games and won 4 upgraded cards. Their seems to be a HUGE randomness factor. Could potentially make halfbloods 2 full unupgraded spins and 1 upgraded spin instead of a mixture.
5/106? That's like slightly less than 5%. H-Bs aren't worth it. (Shame I upped a 34 card HB farmer :P)

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg1059037#msg1059037
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 07:40:42 pm »
My spin results from 300 AI4 games won during version 1.321:

First 100 winsSecond 100 wins Third 100 wins Total Across 300 wins
Unupped Non-Rares Won22212164
Unupped Rares Won213
Upped Non-Rares Won49821
Upped Rares Won22

In total I won 23 upgraded cards (including the two upped rares) across 300 wins, which translates to 7.7% of wins or one upped card every 13 wins on average.  It’s worth noting that this number is hugely variable; I sometimes went 30 or more wins without spinning an upped card.  I also double-spun upgraded cards in each of the three sets of 100 (i.e. the 23 upgraded cards I won came from only 20 games).

Spoiler for How’d I do it:
Liberal use of the “More Quanta” button in trainer and this deck:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7di 7di 7di 7di 7di 7di 7gt 7gt 7gt 7gt 7gt 7gt 7mv 7mv 7mv 7mv 7mv 7mv 7n9 7n9 7n9 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 80i 80i 80i 8pm

299 matches were done in 1-2 turns.  That last little bitch silenced me the first two turns, so I hit him for over 300 damage on turn three. :)

Offline Solid_Snake

• Solid_Snake is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • suppa cool ;)
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg1067938#msg1067938
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 11:51:27 pm »
I have played againts HB before, and i think it is better to farm either lvl3 or FG.
Gold gain from HB is nothing special, and i win like 20 game and often dont spin an upped card.
From lvl 3 u can easily get rare and EM(about 40 gold) and from FG u can get everything, and u can win more than 30% of the games if u have good deck.
number one baby! ;)

Offline Theboss1248

• Theboss1248 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg1080784#msg1080784
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 05:16:39 am »
I believe they have about 3-4% chance to drop from what I've seen. I've probably beaten them roughly 50-75 times and I got two upped cards: Amethyst Dragon and Upped Discord.

Edit: Next H-B I win against drops an Elite Shrieker.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:34:51 am by Theboss1248 »

Offline ColorlessGreen

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Half-bloods Are they worth it now? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20747.msg1080886#msg1080886
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 03:31:50 pm »
They are most definitely worth it. I am in the middle of collecting a large number of stats for an upcoming decks-used-against-ai4 stats thread. While I don't want to publish my results quite yet (since I've still got more testing I'm actively working on), my spin rates look like they will come out in the same ballpark as Kev's (i.e. one upped card per 12-13 wins).

Preliminary information puts unupped AI4 grinding with a top deck as ~1.5-1.75x as profitable as unupped AI3 (or bronze or silver for that matter) with a top deck. Even mediocre AI4 decks are showing ~1.2x the profit of top AI3 decks.

Firecell against FG may well be more profitable than AI4 unupped, but we won't know for sure until it gets its turn in the FGEI thread.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:33:23 pm by ColorlessGreen »

anything
blarg: