*Author

wizelsnarf

Re: (un)official contest: Design an AI5! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12599.msg162545#msg162545
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 09:33:07 pm »
2x Mark. 100 Life. 1x draw.
Rewards as it is now (3 spins).
ALL upgraded cards. (main source of reward)
Optimized, strong decks. (Unlike FG decks which are pretty unoptimized)
(No, I won't post decklists. There is no point. We'd need at least 20-30 of them anyway, and it's better to start making them AFTER it has been decided how many draws/marks etc, not before. Draws and Marks are a primary factor in designing the decks, and I assume all HB will have the same amount after they get changed...if they'll get changed at all.)
In short, no advantage for HB except +1 mark, but stronger decks than what an average FG has.

Yes, that'd make the AI 5 both easier and more rewarding than it is now. Which is a good thing. It'd make HB the main source of farming (which they should be, being the highest AI level intended for farming) to replace false gods (which are intended to be a challenge and not a farming target, but they are because everything else gives too low rewards)

False god rewards should be somehow increased, or at least changed. HB should be the main source of electum/upgraded cards in the game, and FG should be reserved as a challenge.

I agree and disagree.

I think it would be best if Half Bloods were the fastest source of electrum but false gods were the best source for winning upgraded cards. I already proposed one way to increase the electrum reward (based on turns to win).

Another idea I just had was to somehow multiply the reward based on the opponent's mark. So if the opponent has say 2x mark, then you get +20% electrum to your final, or if it was 3x you get + 30% electrum...

I have beat every false god and I ONLY play them for the farming, not for the challenge. Sure I lose a lot but if I want a challenge PVP is the place to go. If False gods were just for the challenege, I wouldn't play them ever again because it is already a tad boring as it stands. Better to hone my PVP skills or test decks in PVP.

People don't play HBs because they are slow with a relatively meager reward. I don't want a situation where we just switch which PVE is the one no one ever plays...

So I agree HBs should be more farmable but I disagree FGs should be "just a challenge".

Malduk

Re: (un)official contest: Design an AI5! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12599.msg199219#msg199219
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 03:13:35 am »
2x Mark. 100 Life. 1x draw.
Rewards as it is now (3 spins).
ALL upgraded cards. (main source of reward)
Optimized, strong decks. (Unlike FG decks which are pretty unoptimized)
(No, I won't post decklists. There is no point. We'd need at least 20-30 of them anyway, and it's better to start making them AFTER it has been decided how many draws/marks etc, not before. Draws and Marks are a primary factor in designing the decks, and I assume all HB will have the same amount after they get changed...if they'll get changed at all.)
In short, no advantage for HB except +1 mark, but stronger decks than what an average FG has.

Yes, that'd make the AI 5 both easier and more rewarding than it is now. Which is a good thing. It'd make HB the main source of farming (which they should be, being the highest AI level intended for farming) to replace false gods (which are intended to be a challenge and not a farming target, but they are because everything else gives too low rewards)

False god rewards should be somehow increased, or at least changed. HB should be the main source of electum/upgraded cards in the game, and FG should be reserved as a challenge.
^^

I read the OP and planned to post this very exact thing. All upped, 100 life, strong decks! They have to have some advantage over T50; I'd probably give them double draw. Just upping mark by 1-2 is not THAT big difference considering these can award you with upped cards.
Overall, they would be harder that current HBs, but with better rewards.

Really, there is not much point in designing specific decks until deck rules/rewards are accepted by Zanzarino. If that happens, making strong, solid decks wouldnt be much of a problem anyway. Community can do that in a week practically.

Offline GlitchTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: (un)official contest: Design an AI5! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12599.msg199222#msg199222
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 03:17:34 am »
Then are you saying this contest (if it's resurrected) should have two categories, one for best reward system, and one for best deck?

Re: (un)official contest: Design an AI5! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12599.msg199306#msg199306
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 05:27:00 am »
I know the contest may not be on any longer, but I wanted to share this anyway.

2x Mark
150 Health
2x Deck
Draws 2 cards unless their hand has 5 or more cards, if their cards left drops below 10, or if they have less cards than their opponent.
Same slots, 3x Spins. Upped cards stay upped in spins.
Same electrum reward.

Code: [Select]
592 592 595 595 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5ul 5ul 5um 5um 5um 5us 5us 5us 5uu 5uu 5uu 606 606 606 606 606 606 77j 77j 7t9 7t9 7ta 7ta 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7th 7th
Thank you for your time.

blarg: