Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - zzz123 (29)

Pages: [1] 2 3
Forum Archive / [Unconfirmed] Tooltip does not go away if card disappears
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:34:23 pm »
this requires a bit of dexterity to reproduce...
correct behavior:
1) wait for opponent to play a card
2) mouse-over on that card - card will stay up as long as the cursor is over it

incorrect behavior
3) wait for the card to start fading out
4) mouse-over it
5) the card will disappear, but the tooltip will remain and follow your mouse around

6) interim fix: mouse-over on something else, so that the tooltip will be replaced with another tooltip - this fxes it.

(seen with AI speed set to hi, quality set to low, playing vs level 5)

Elements 1.27, release version

Nerf This Card! / Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.26
« on: February 26, 2011, 02:24:33 pm »
It's curious that Mindgate isn't in this list. While it's hard to judge if it's actually OP or not (it's a bit on the expensive side), it is incredibly devastating when used by a rainbow deck (since ANYTHING you pull is immediately playable) - if you have e.g. 3 of them in play in mid- to late-game, you get 3 copies of your opponent's card while he only gets one, which is very hard to beat

and this includes pillars, so even with a mono-aether deck you will (eventually) gain the ability to use your opponent's cards

Level 5 Aether-based AI should *own*, and it mostly doesn't because it almost never uses these things .

"You are already drawing a card or you already have 8 cards" message comes up when using a mindgate against an opponent who has 0 cards left (and is about to deck out)

probably not worth fixing, but thought I'd put it up here.

(about the only possible use for using the mindgate would be fishing for heals to get a mastery win, since you're about to win anyway)

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: AI improvements
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:52:56 pm »
the AI on level 5 keeps using its Schrodinger cat effect ("Dead and Alive") whether it needs to or not - and since I don't think I've yet seen a level 5 deck that has the card and actually benefits from this, it's a waste of aether in best case and significantly helping the player in the worst.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Silence UI effect
« on: December 29, 2010, 04:44:48 am »
Currently-playable cards (i.e. ones you can afford) are highlighted.

However, when Silence has been cast on you, no cards can be played, but cards are still highlighted, which is slightly confusing.

on the other hand, removing the highlight will flood the boards with "i have enough quanta!" bug reports...

some sort of iced-over visual effect on the entire hand area might be a good compromise.

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.26
« on: December 25, 2010, 03:57:26 am »
waaah!
nerfed Bond is even MORE susceptible to poison than before!

since i tend to have HORRIBLE initial draws (as in, with 40-50% pillars in the deck i'll have ONE in the first 5 rounds of the game), i take some damage at the start of the round
and if the enemy has scorpos or something i get poisoned - and when i finally build up my uber impenetrable defenses and set up a few bonds to restore hp, i consistently end the round with 97-99hp, because the poison damage is applied before the start of my round, and the bonds don't have time to heal me before the opponent dies :(

Rainbow Decks / Re: (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow
« on: November 29, 2010, 02:48:52 am »
huh...
10 games with a 50%-upgraded version of this.
0 wins.
in the first few turns either getting no Otys, or no pillars, or ...

chances of getting an Enchant Artifact in the first few rounds, when against those decks which actually need it, are very slim as well.

have had similar results for months, with a similar build i use for my own (4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 52n 55r 55r 592 5c6 5c6 5f8 5ib 5ie 5if 5ol 5rp 5rp 5rp 621 622 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u6 71b 71b 74b 74b 74b 77d 77d 77g 7ak 7ds 7jq 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7t9 7t9 7t9 80d 80d 80d 80h 80j)

either i've just been really really unlucky, or this setup is rather out of date...

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.25
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:39:25 am »
The next person that says we shouldn't make FG's harder gets a kick to the face.
i play occasionally, but i am very casual at best - maybe 50 PvE battles between version updates :P

so making FGs harder essentially means they grow in power much faster than i do!

i'm not complaining (and i also don't want a kick to the face!), but at some point it may make sense to cut them loose and introduce a level 7 instead.

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.24
« on: June 28, 2010, 04:16:11 am »
urgh... where exactly are you guys playing with these new cards?

trainer (on .net at least - .com still hosed) doesn't have them, neither from All Cards button nor in bazaar

official game, despite being 1.24, doesn't have them anywhere either

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.23
« on: June 05, 2010, 03:38:25 pm »
free mark change - whee!

poisonous creatures - as a long-time oty lover, i have to admit, this is needed :)

haven't played with the rest of the changes yet...

thanks!

playing against Chrsa (AI5, gravity mark, time pillars)

AI has procrastination on board
it summoned an eternity, and for the last 5 turns it is using it to unsummon my Otys.
which would be ok, except that I have 3 of them:
1 which is Immortal (can't be targetted), Elite, 4/9
1 which is regular, Elite, 2/13
1 which is regular, non-upgraded, 0/3

and lo and behold, each and every time he is targetting my 0/3 oty (regardless of whether the 2/13 one is delayed or not), apparently because he's delay-immune, and the others just keep feasting...

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.22
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:48:46 pm »
yay on both the low-q mode and the info box! amazing job!

why the 3k card limit though? database size shouldn't really be affected (i'm really really really hoping you store the card type and count, rather than each individual instance of the card :)

Pages: [1] 2 3
blarg: