Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - vice123 (66)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Rainbow Decks / Statistics on 43 Rainbow God Deck - 80% win rate
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:05 pm »

Anubis is powerful if you can get him on the board. But that's a big IF. He's very costly at 8 quantum, not even considering the drain from the glasses. He will often get congealed or worse if you're pressed to play him. And there are issues with him immortalizing mutants with skills.
 You only really need an oty, a safely played druid and a yard to produce skelies. A pulvy to control the permanents. You can get strong mutants to tank the spells and dish out damage in the same time. PUs are working good so far.

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:05 pm »

I'm at 88 games with the 3druid/yard/oty deck, I haven't had the time to play recently and probably won't have, too. It got a good 86% average win rate. Seism is too easy with 3 druids and 3 yards, I never lost to him (7/0). FQ, Rainbow and Hermes are not easy because the druids are 1st target for the AI. I put in 2 PUs to help deal with them (in the place of 1 yard and 1 druid). The deck looks like the one with 2 FQs, only replace them with 2 PUs:

I liked how having 3 of each key card (yard, oty and druid) made reliable early draws. Morte was also easier to beat with a full board of skelies and no flies to eat up the mana for bonds. With the PUs I hope to keep the high win rate vs Seism and Morte, but also make Rainbow, Hermes and FQ a bit easier. Dunno if I should go back to using 2 Queens, they make a good tank in every game but eat a lot of mana. PUs are situational, could be better or could be indifferent. Still making small changes to see if something else works better.

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:03 pm »

Turin - those are all great cards (except for phase shield, which is not only inferior to bonewall but also obsolete since dials), but it's hard to find place in the deck for them and still be able to reliably draw what you need early in the game.
 I've given the deck some more thought, both cause it's getting a bit boring and because I want to make it even better if possible. This is probably what I'll be playing with for a couple of days:

Note: image updated.

I've played about 70 games with it so far and it's doing great. Seism fights have improved significantly, I always have mana to use mutation and most times even to replay rewinded creatures from other elements. Rainbow seems a bit harder though, at least until I can get a few strong mutants to tank his spells.
 What would be a great addition to the deck are a couple of twin universes. I could use them to copy a powerful creature to tank spells or just copy my own strong mutants to make games quicker. Space is scarce as always, though.

To give a quick reply to turin - I wouldn't get a bigger deck for 2 reasons - it becomes more unpredictable and the chance to draw a supernova or a dial are smaller. Currently novas and dials are a bit over 1 in 7 cards, which I think is the magic number since your hand holds 7 cards (and you draw an 8th card which I like to think makes up for having a bit over 42 cards).

I am generally not a fan of putting single copies of a card in the deck. That was the idea when I made it - no eternity but 2+ copies of each card. If you have only 1 you will have it in the last 10 cards of the deck every 4th game, which isn't reliable at all.
 I do like the idea of another entropy card, because this is the deck's mark. Having druids on the table is a winner vs seism, not only because you get uber mutants but also because you can quickly replay rewinded druids due to entropy mark. Same with water and aether mutants since those are unused colors.
 Some day I should write tips on beating all gods with the deck, since experience is one thing that makes me win so often. Just basic stuff like when to play the dials, how to avoid fire storms and plagues or trigger them intentionally to clear the way, the order in which the AI targets units, what and when to steal, etc.

I had the day off so I decided to play some more games. This is the score continued from my last update to a total of 250 games played.
No changes to the deck since the last update - http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,489.msg6966#msg6966 (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,489.msg6966#msg6966)

God           | win | loss |  %
Chaos Lord   19     0     100.00
Fire Queen   25     2     92.59
Gemini         20     0     100.00
Graviton        8     2     80.00
Hermes        15     8     65.22
Incarnate     38     1     97.44
Miracle         14     1     93.33
Morte          13     6     68.42
Rainbow       16     6     72.73
Scorpio        17     9     65.38
Seism          19    11     63.33

total:        204    46     81.60
average win/loss%: 81.68

I need to get a few more graviton fights to make his score more accurate - I haven't seen him recently. The average % has been going up and down between 81 and 82, I doubt there will be any significant changes in the future.

Thanks for the constructive post, Foyle.
 Though you seem to have played only a few games with the deck you have understood it's strengths and weaknesses. The deck is heavy on 2 elements - gravity and life, but I wouldn't do much to change the current balance. The 3 otys mean I will get one early, as most games I find myself waiting for an oty before I stop chaining dials and open the offensive. Deciding what to use your grav quanta for is what makes a good player. For example, a lot of seism games I find myself saving gravity to eat unburrowed graboids and not waste it on gemfinders. I also try not to get the oty over 3 attack (if possible) because it will be rewinded by the AI along with the flies when the rewind bomb drops. Same with green mana - deciding whether to use it on bond, mutate or flies is key to winning some games. Changing mark seems unreasonable as supernovas are too good to drop.
 Adding cards from the 2 unused colors (water and aether) has crossed my mind many times. I've tried ulits and PU. Though extra units come in handy vs most gods (especially rainbow), they come at the cost of card space or a smaller chance to draw an early oty. I wouldn't make the deck any bigger concerning there can be only 6 dials and you need them to survive.
 The deck could use some improvement against seism, morte, rainbow and hermes. What comes to mind is a 3rd bone wall, extra units or PU. PA seems a good choice for seism and deflaggers but I don't feel its worth the space.
 If you make a tweak and find it works better please post it! :)

General Discussion / Elements ala World War II

Technically, there were no nukes in WW2, maybe H-bombs and A-bombs.
Tell that to a Japanese man with 4 balls.

Card Ideas and Art / We could use some new pillars...
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

Let's keep this thread uped  ;)

Update.

Latest change I made was to take out a Firestorm and put in a 3rd Oty. Pic follows.

And here are the stats for the games I played with this deck and the one with 3 storms and 2 otys (I made the swap mid-recording):

God           | win | loss |  %
Chaos Lord   12     0     100.00
Fire Queen   18     1     94.74
Gemini         12     0     100.00
Graviton        8     2     80.00
Hermes        12     6     66.67
Incarnate     27     1     96.43
Miracle          8     1     88.89
Morte          12     4     75.00
Rainbow        9     2     81.82
Scorpio         8     7     53.33
Seism         15    10     60.00

total:        141    34     80.57
average win/loss%: 81.53

Statistically the data is insufficient to say which modification is better, but it is my feeling that the latest deck is a bit faster and a bit better overall.

Note the 1 loss vs FQ, Incarnate and Miracle each. Those were rather unfortunate combination of bad draws and my mistakes due to my eagerness to win faster. The average would be around 83% counting those out.
 Scorpio seems hardest to beat, though games with him are quick and interesting. Seism as usual is a long and boring grind with uncertain outcome. Hermes is also troublesome with his countless explosions and bolts.
 Chaos Lord, Fire Queen, Incarnate, Miracle and Gemini are no trouble at all.

I am still looking to improve the deck or go for a fundamentally new build if I find a better one.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Top 50 stats, when AI plays your deck

This is a stupid idea.

Earth / AI3 GRINDING: LUDICROUS SPEED deck

I think the earth/time deck is (slightly) better than mono fire at farming lvl3. Both are ridiculously fast, but shriekers are a bit more durable.

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

An update.

This is what I'm playing with right now:

I dropped a Steal for a Fire Queen and the Eternity for another Pulverizer. Also switched to non-uped yards.

I went for 2 pulvies since it makes for much more aggressive gameplay and early control of the board.
 No eternity made me drop a steal in favor of another creature card - I played a few days with PU, then some time with Anubis and am currently playing with FQ which I think is a keeper. Although heavy on air and life mana, FQ is a great tank as well as good at dishing out damage. Having 2 makes me draw 1 earlier and occasionally sacrifice 1 to spells. Flies are great bait for the AI.
 I tried playing without the glasses with a smaller deck (38~40), but I ended up keeping them. They have proven very helpful in many situations and have rarely made me have a clustered hand. However, if you don't plan on fighting Seism you won't miss them very much.
 Non-uped yards are cheaper and not targeted when bonewall is up. I never encountered a situation where I missed the 2/2 skeletons, and flies are good enough to draw fire to them instead of otys and druids. That is all.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
anything
blarg: