Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - unionruler (480)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]
Archived Decks / Re: Water-Air
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:06:05 pm »
Wish Zanz made a creature that could spam shockwaves (like a squid perhaps? for 3 air quanta). *hint, hint hint hint*
Then you'd be able to make a really cheap anti FG by just quinting pairs of that creature and octopi  ;)
Have even crazier ideas though how about a shield that has a 20% chance of sending out a shockwave to any creature attacking it?

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Card Usage Statistics
« on: April 12, 2010, 11:52:52 am »
I would say nerfing quantum tower is a REALLY bad idea, since there is really no decent non-rainbow FG killer deck around, reducing the power of rainbow will only bring more frustration to the game.
I beg to differ RoL-Hope decks often yield win%s comparable to the current field of anti fg rainbows. The cards added with 1.21 have not been explored to their fullest potential yet--if they were we might see a few new anti fg strategies. But I do agree that nerfing quantum tower is a little ridiculous since many components of the standard rainbow recently got nerfed.

Trio & Quartet / Spiderz dedc. Stymie
« on: April 12, 2010, 07:25:43 am »
This deck is dedicated to stymie for her fear of spiders and her quote about being stomped like a bug by dark matter the other day.

Basically I thought of a rush involving flesh recluses. However I was a bit concerned as to how it would deal with creature control because at 6|3 they would all get wiped out by a single fire storm. As such I decided to add eclipses which would boost them to 8|4.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 713 713 713 713 713 7t9 7ta 7ta 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i 80i 8pt

It's really fun to spam spiders, although it must be said that this strat is a one-dimensional rush for T50 and the like. I thought about adding a steal so you can steal a shield if need be especially in prolonged games so that's an option since mark is darkness anyway.

Archived Decks / Re: 1.21 ray of light/hope/fractal anti-FG
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:49:57 am »
4 fractals doesn't lose to rainbow if you play correctly, but that's provided you DRAW them in the first place. you're quite screwed if one is at the bottom of your deck. 5 fractals is better.

Issue Archive / Re: *name removed* the cheater
« on: April 11, 2010, 01:48:52 pm »
yeah it appears as a relic in the spins
met him once too fortunately i still won with my graboid rush 2 hp left

Archived Decks / Re: True mono water [Pro PvP customized]
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:17:49 am »
Puffer fishies are nice in fact I don't think many shields to defend against them can be got up early. Only concern I would have is permafrost being stolen--probably wouldn't play it in the first place if there exists such a risk.

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: AI improvements
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:09:50 am »
The better solution is to improve AI, so that it can play as good as a living person. This happened in chess, so that now AI can beat the best chess players even without 'fake advantages'.
Well chess engines can beat chess players even with disadvantages these days.
The problem is that with one centralized AI obviously it's rather impossible to program it to recognize some strategies conceived by human players. With chess engines they use opening books and they can assign values to make the computer more aggressive/positional etc but that is only because no matter what they start with the same chess pieces. In elements the AI has to play all sorts of decks.

I think the AI should not be able to play as good as a living person as you say, for that matter it will be some time before we can program it to do as such. Maybe there should be a different AI to play FG decks so that it can recognize some basic elements of anti-FG strategy, or better still create a whole new level 6 with a more intelligent AI and perhaps less fake advantages.

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: AI improvements
« on: April 10, 2010, 11:58:39 am »
I have many rays of light. Rainbow casts gravity pull on a ray of light. Rainbow congeals the same ray of light.
I put out an electrocutor. Rainbow does not snipe for the turn, but instead steals my electrocutor and replaces it instantaneously with another eagle's eye.
I put out a light dragon. Firefly Queen snipes it with eagle's eye. I fractal the light dragon and put out a few more. Firefly Queen turns its attention to another light dragon, ignoring the one already damaged.

Darkness / Re: My Thief Deck
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:50:38 am »
Drawing both the Dragon and the Liquid Shadow would require some luck, but it's a good combo.
Well it's just an endgame measure to get more electrum isn't it?

Sorta have a gut feeling that 2 siphon lifes would work more nicely.

Issue Archive / Re: Invisible 99 quantums card
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:44:49 pm »
Ah yes was looking for this. I encounter this problem even in 1.21 although it has to be said it seems to have lessened with the green/red slider thingy. In the past I know that sometimes if you play a card from your hand while the animation for drawing a card for that turn, it could result in that problem. Interestingly fractal seems to pause awhile to delete the invisible card before filling up your hand.

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.22
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:12:45 pm »
i like the box thingy it's really sleek when i'm testing decks in trainer. a low quality setting would help a lot as of now to play against FGs smoothly I have to keep the charger connected to my laptop so it runs on high performance.

The original idea for this deck I'm sure many of you have seen. It is not new this is just my calibration of it, which i believe to be quite good. I haven't collected statistics. Only know that my losses usually trail my wins by about 200 and now the gap is about 250 a little due to T50. The win% is definitely over 50% as such. I believe that I EM about 70% or more of those wins. Other than that I just want to give a few points on strategy and tactics with the rol hope deck because I feel that it has very good potential for EM.

5lj 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jq 7jq 7k2 7k4 7k4 7k4 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i 8pu

Firstly I want to talk about EM-ing FGs in general when you are taking over the top damage ie the stuff that goes over or even past your hope shield. Usually you can heal this every turn ie you are taking no nett damage but you require your electrocutor to execute the coup de grace in order to achieve the EM. Just a very simple way to calculate here--for example let's say Paradox has 199 hp (just after a miracle) and he has a ray of light blessed it's way to 26|26, and he has a solar buckler up which absorbs 1 physical dmg from all sources. The trick is, know your 11 and 4 times table.

199 hp = 187 hp + 12 hp = 17(11) hp + 3(4) hp
To EM therefore, I must score 17 hits from light dragons and 3 from my electrocutor. I must also avoid miracle and my damage output cannot be near to or more than his hp left when I am about to execute the final blow.
Hence I may split it this way 5/5/7 dragons in 3 turns. This gets a little more complicated for FGs with regen or if there is no shield ie you need to calculate your RoLs into the equation. Also against scorpio leave some room for him to congeal your dragons or get them frozen by the permafrost.

Secondly I want to talk about EM-ing FGs with miracles but who interfere with your permanents notably SoGs. For example, Divine Glory is stacked with explosions. So lets say I need to EM DG and I already have a fractal and a light dragon and a large pool of light quanta. There are 3 ways to do this--firstly, if you draw SoGs and electrocutor, you can setup a last turn electrocutor coup de grace and put out the SoGs only on your last turn, but must ensure that the deficient hp can be made up for by the number of SoGs. Secondly, if you draw one SoG and one miracle, play them out. If you have dragons on the board (which you shouldn't), allow him to miracle once and get past it when you have restocked light quanta the next round. Thirdly if you draw SoGs but can't setup an electrocutor coup de grace, give him the electrocutor to explode and throw out your SoGs with the assumption that only one will get exploded per turn and hence will be able to heal you to full.

Lastly just some minor notes about the deck. Luciferin is unupgraded because you do not want to be deprived of automulligen by drawing luciferase as the only 0 cost card. Do not put out too many RoLs against some FGs--the one light tower is there to help against Ferox because you can't have too many RoLs for light quanta (EDIT: has been replaced by one quantum tower), and those with creature control like Morte. Be aware of the number of RoLs you need to contain certain FGs ie Seism needs 12 to shut out the Silurian Dragon. I generally autoquit vs Octane/Hermes and Graviton. The former 2 are quite certain losses because once the fire buckler gets up your RoLs (and Hope) are toast, and in the meantime they have unstable gas/fire storms to control you.

UPDATE 26th June 2010
6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jq 7k4 7k4 7k4 7kc 7kc 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i 8pu

This is a new variation of my deck which I recently developed. Instead of luciferin it carries 2 light nymphs, which improves the chances of drawing one, not to mention that at 9|9 for 8 :light as opposed to 12|12 for 13 :light it is more cost-effective in certain cases, notably where the FG you are fighting has weak shielding/regen. I doubt many people actually have 2 light nymphs, so I'm not expecting it to be tested out, but at least I discovered a use for having 2 light nymphs  :) So far, it appears to be a more than decent alternative within the RoL-Hope genre.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]
blarg: unionruler