Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - slovenc555 (1021)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86
Off-Topic Discussions / How TO: GAME quests!
« on: November 03, 2010, 05:30:51 pm »
Hello and thank you for chosing How TO dummies guides. Todays topic: GAME *coughWOEcough* quests!

1!
Creating a standalone quest!
Creating a standalone quest is easy, but it takes some stuff. Like food. And  :time. And a spark. Like inspiration. Anyhow, a quest should always include a task. Also, a quest needs porpouse, someone giving it out, and... that's about it. Now to steps!

Step 1: Create the core of the quest. This is what needs the inspiration. But... If you're lazy (like me) you could make the core some sort of a delivery mission, defeating someone/something, bringing an X amount of money... Get the point yet?

Step 2: Dialouge! Easy! close your eyes and type 3 random numbers on the numpad! Than look it up on this random table, provided by Gl1tch (not for this topic, but I think he won't mind). Quote comin' up!
Well, if it's massive amounts of NPC dialogues you want, there's always good ol' fashion random tables.

Roll 3d10, and look at the results.
Rolled NumberFirst RollSecond RollThird Roll
1"Hello""Sir/Madame""How are you?"
2"Hi""Mister/Misses""What can I do you for?"
3"Yo""Homie""What's happening?"
4"'Lo""Soldier""Wha' choo want?"
5"'S'up""Man/Lady""How you been?"
6"'Welcome""My good sir/lady""How can I help you today?"
7"''ello""mate""Welcome to me store!"
8"Howdy""stranger!""Feel free to look around!"
9"Hey""dude""wanna buy some death sticks?"
0*silence**silence**silence*
This will randomly decide what the shopkeep says.  For instance, if you roll 249, he says "Hi, soldier!  Wanna buy some death sticks?"  Or if you roll 865, he says "Howdy, my good sir!  How you been?"  If you roll a 0, just omit that section.  103 reads "Hello.  S'up?".  If you roll straight 000s, write "the shopkeep looks at you with stony silence, and you get the eerie impression he's offering his wares"

EDIT:  Changed the third roll of 3.  It used to be "s'up" but that meant on a roll of 503, the shopkeep said "S'up, s'up".
thank you

Step 3: finalize! Yeah, I saied it! Make the dialouge visable at the begining, then add a spoiler with raw conditions in it. Example!!!

Hi. Gimmie money! I'll give you nothing at all if you do!
Quest by: Homeless Hippie. Quest: Bring 10 electrum. Reward: More nagging.
2! coming soon.

WoE Archive / Re: Exploration: Quests
« on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:31 pm »
Well, if it's massive amounts of NPC dialogues you want, there's always good ol' fashion random tables.

Roll 3d10, and look at the results.
Rolled NumberFirst RollSecond RollThird Roll
1"Hello""Sir/Madame""How are you?"
2"Hi""Mister/Misses""What can I do you for?"
3"Yo""Homie""What's happening?"
4"'Lo""Soldier""Wha' choo want?"
5"'S'up""Man/Lady""How you been?"
6"'Welcome""My good sir/lady""How can I help you today?"
7"''ello""mate""Welcome to me store!"
8"Howdy""stranger!""Feel free to look around!"
9"Hey""dude""wanna buy some death sticks?"
0*silence**silence**silence*
This will randomly decide what the shopkeep says.  For instance, if you roll 249, he says "Hi, soldier!  Wanna buy some death sticks?"  Or if you roll 865, he says "Howdy, my good sir!  How you been?"  If you roll a 0, just omit that section.  103 reads "Hello.  S'up?".  If you roll straight 000s, write "the shopkeep looks at you with stony silence, and you get the eerie impression he's offering his wares"

EDIT:  Changed the third roll of 3.  It used to be "s'up" but that meant on a roll of 503, the shopkeep said "S'up, s'up".
I lold when I got: *silence* Dude, wha' choo want?

WAIT!

Someone comes for a quest. The person that is suposed to give out quests runs out so he saies that.

Competitions / Re: Art Competition: Team Underworld Icon
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:53:32 pm »
A recolor of Nova in a circle? Well, that... I mean... Well.... I like what it represents, but...

Competitions / Re: Art Competition: Team Underworld Icon
« on: October 26, 2010, 11:33:10 am »
(http://imageplay.net/)

The dark-ish red represents the blood, that got the team where it is now. The blue dots represent water, which is the most splashable element, like the team is. The yellow object seemingly coming apart represents their past, and the red blur represents aggresion.

Humor / Re: You know You're Addicted to Elements When...
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:48:36 pm »
When terra editor tools (terra seas...) in spore remind you of a mono-earth half-blood :))

Off-Topic Discussions / Re: Comment on signatures
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:46:36 pm »
Well, skittles do make the best rainbow... BUT! Does the rainbow exist?! *falls of the rainbow*

Off-Topic Discussions / Re: Comment on signatures
« on: October 24, 2010, 01:30:53 pm »
Ok... um... idk what to say, I'm a quiet one XD
*Slovenc555s seal of "makes you lol"*

WoE Archive / Re: Looking for WoE Organizers
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:08:17 pm »
Just Had A Better Idea! If I Capitalize Every Single Word In This Scentance, I Get To Be The Main Organizer And Get Karma!

But srsly, I could use karma. Me hungry. But, srsly, we should get this in the gear so we can start. I mean, I have some experience with html and AS2, maybie I should be the main organizer. Or any other, except movers. I want fire to be a mover.

« on: October 20, 2010, 04:03:42 pm »
Hey, $$$man, your sig is form abstrouse goose, right?! Can't believe we are reading the same online comic... Kinda forgot about it when i got back into elements...

Humor / Re: I just found out who the dumbest Half Blood is
« on: October 16, 2010, 03:54:35 pm »
Not really.

« on: October 16, 2010, 03:50:48 pm »
When you press space whenever you want to see the next page. TRUE STORY!
When history is made by stupid people (it is btw)
When you don't understand Obama (wtf there is no nucelar weapons in Elements!)
When you get arrested for stealing antimatter from a hightech top-secret research facility and claming that the other guy had UG when everything but you and your blast protection suit gets blown up (antimatter + matter = big boom, duh. Why do you think antimatter is magnetically suspended in sterile vaccum?)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86
anything
blarg: Gl1tch