Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - johannhowitzer (2056)

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172]
Forum Archive / Re: Best deck for grinding t50?
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:44:20 pm »
10 Bone Pillar
6 Chrysaora
6 Poison
2 Plague
6 Freeze
1 Bone Wall

The Bone Wall was a reaction to having issues winning Arsenic from a farming deck that had death quanta.

« on: April 30, 2010, 05:27:55 pm »
You know what?  I tried fighting every one again (save a few I know are really annoying), and I think you're right.  Victories ARE usually fast enough unless I get a bad draw and the AI gets a good one, and the extra electrum from those victories really adds up.  Add in the fact that this is pretty fun and decent farming with lots of rares, and I might just retire AI5 farming forever.  Just now won two shards in one fight - decked out chaoz, I think he had 30 cards all along and I just added bonewall to combat that arsenic I saw yesterday.  Nice to finally be on my way to my very own shard of gratitude!

EDIT: not three battles later I won another green shard, from a timebow!

« on: April 30, 2010, 02:56:26 pm »
if you see any quantum towers come out, click "Menu" and quit immediately
I don't agree with that. Anti-FG Timebows die before they play a creature most of the times, and others only take 2 or 3 turns longer than mono-decks. It only takes long if they play lots of shards or shields right at the start. Plus, they are easy wins in almost all cases, even if they play the SoGs and shields and my hand is bad. Depends on deck of course, but I wouldn't quit right away with any.

Also, from my experience Rainbows are about 60-70% of my match-ups, would be pretty insane if I'd quit all those.

About time efficieny, sure it'd be faster if you quit right away when you know it's gonna be tough or take long. However I never quit a game unless my fate is sealed 100%. But that's just me ;)
I run unupgraded poison, and those rainbows have an annoying habit of playing quint elite oty.  I tried both ways and found I won cards way way faster by skipping rainbows - you make 60 electrum for one win against a farm deck, and lose 15 for each loss... you only need 20% of decks you face to be farm decks in order to break even, and I was turning a profit.  I won so many weapons so quickly that I've begun selling off the extras (I had 9 druidic staves) for quick cash.

It's definitely more consistent cash than farming AI5, though you don't get the crazy burst electrum from selling off rares.  I for one prefer consistency over burst... in WoW, I've always favored attack/spell power and haste over crit.  But you definitely make money by skipping rainbows, on average.  I've actually been using it to build auxiliary decks, instead of farming AI3/5.

« on: April 30, 2010, 01:00:22 am »
Quick tip to any newcomers who are using T50 for rare-farming... if you see any quantum towers come out, click "Menu" and quit immediately.  If you don't care about score, I find this saves a huge amount of time.  Fighting those rainbows takes way too long and hardly ever yields a good card.  I just won a Morning Star, three Druidic Staves, an Owl's Eye, two Fahrenheits, two Titans, an Eternity, two Pulverizers, a Trident, two Arctic Squids, two Miracles, a Discord, and a Lobotomizer in about three hours by skipping rainbows.  19 rare cards.

Already had a Vampire Stiletto, so the only weapon I'm missing is Arsenic.  The only person in T50 I've seen so far with that weapon for farming is chaoz... and he stocks miracles too.  He picked death mark and light towers, presumably just to annoy people, because with my full poison deck I managed to provoke five Miracles and get poison stacked over 50 before his Arsenic finally offed me.  I'll have to stick a boneyard or two in there and try again.

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172]
blarg: