Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - gavsword (732)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]
Trio & Quartet / Re: 2 rares, 2 upgrades: a DUO FG Killer for the Masses.
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:21:22 am »
Here is what I'm currently running. I've found upping the titans are more effective for the 3rd upgrade slot that PU's. I really like this deck though. Thank Essence, thanks Yaladilae. This deck is a pretty decent grinder, especially for the cost

Code: [Select]
55k 55k 55k 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61r 61r 61r 61r 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 621 621 63a 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 74b 74b 74c 74c 7n2 7n2

Trial Battle Archive / Re: xdude 3 - 1 Zeru
« on: January 05, 2011, 01:12:17 am »
gratz xdude, what did Zeru ban?

WoE Archive / Re: Skill Trees - Third Beta Version - PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!
« on: January 05, 2011, 12:53:29 am »
This round seems a lot more balanced.

So originally i was gonna complain a lot of Air still being OP'd, but u seem to be on that.
More or less nailed it, except for Air. I still think Calm Before The Storm is too powerful and Rising Storm is now even more powerful (why would you do that?) - those two Tier 1 skills are going to mean that people are going to be using tons of upgraded cards all the time - but otherwise the trees are looking pretty even power-wise. We can only wait until testing shows further imbalances.
Yes, those two skills are indeed a problem. What happened was that we just couldn't come up with any good simply Tier 1 skills that hadn't been used yet.

Rising Storm is not as powerful as you think though. What the description doesn't say is that the counters get reset after you fight someone from a different element. Se the skill is great when fighting only one other element, but no so great when fighting multiple. Power wise, it's still a Tier 2 skill (we moved it from Tier 2 to Tier 1 to get the damn skill tree finished :) ) .

I'm not a big fan having having "counter" skills in Tier 1 because human error is to probable. I'm more than happy to replace it with something else, but like I said, coming up with those skills is not easy if you want to keep the theme of "Thunderstorm".
It seems like most elements either have skills designed to reward them for a lot of early combat or for simply building, breeding, digging, etc.

Really looking forward to this though. Keep up the good work!

Draft - Battle Results / Re: The Draft, Rules (under construction)
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »
This is a great idea.

A few things:
Yeah please no shards, SoG is way to powerful, especially only if one team can use it. Nova and Immo should both be banned, because they can also heavily tip the scales for one group or another. Or you could limit them and make the group who picks them have to skip their next draft pick or two, or make them available to all.

Maybe either limit total number of upgrades or just not have them involved at all. It needs to be one or the other, because some cards lose a lot of value drafting if they stay un-upped or would simply change when they were being drafted.

I feel like everyone has all towers, and drafting pendulums would work.

No trading for at least the first three rounds. I originally thought no immediately towards trading, but you'll have a rather limited amount of decks when drafting if you don't.

Final idea. Maybe present to people what cards are left at their turn for drafting and just have people PM their picks, so at least the first round is secretive and exciting and would limit hate drafting.

Anvil Archive / Re: Colossus | Ancient Colossus
« on: December 17, 2010, 04:29:04 pm »
This + Chimera + Catapult/trebuchet = a pretty solid and very dangerous mono gravity deck (although high cost)

Gravity / Re: Catapult | Trebuchet
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:43:43 pm »
Now is this starting health or current health at the time of sac?

Rainbow Decks / Re: Fire Lance sudden killer 1.25 (work with no ungrade)
« on: December 14, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »
Any thoughts about silence in here

Round 1 / Re: (Earth) Legit 2 - 0 (Death) Nume
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:38:03 pm »
Legit, my guess is the mark is death for your deck?

War Archive / Re: WAR - Suggestions and Feedback
« on: June 16, 2010, 02:30:01 am »
I feel like both Gl1tch and Jumba are right. It's a giant rock-paper-scissor match, but using the entire vault is just too much. Maybe come in with a set of 5-10 cards that can also be lost because of the loss. So the sideboard become a risk too, and might only be used strategically, but that might also limit the basic strategies used in deck building if a deck can also just become it's polar opposite if need be.

Round 1 / Re: Rozpierdalator 2-Gl1itch 0
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:34:01 am »
it kinda seems like all the offensive decks should run just a few more cards in case of a stall/deck out deck. Either preventing the declout entirely or stalling a few turns longer to get in the damage needed.

good luck to everyone

never mind, can't do it

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]
anything
blarg: