Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - funplay (203)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
hmmm...there are only two main deck versions...one with 6 staffs (have only 2) and RoL/Hope-Versions...dont have the RoLs...any ideas for mostly unupped/ without many rare versions?????
Once the update to 1.26 takes place, we can try a deck with Photons and Luciferin.
Ty...but that wont help me today ;)

Anyway, i tried a "Photon/Luciferin" with trainer and it doesnt perform very well atm. At least my tries^^

hmmm...there are only two main deck versions...one with 6 staffs (have only 2) and RoL/Hope-Versions...dont have the RoLs...any ideas for mostly unupped/ without many rare versions?????

Decay / Re: Oracle : Decay
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:29:01 pm »
used an unupgraded variant of higurashi...works really nice! havent tested majofas variant, as i think novas can really help to put your combo down asap.

if anybody wants to know:

Code: [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55q 55q 55q 5c4 5c4 5c4 5c7 5c7 5c7 5f6 5f6 5ut 5ut 5ut 621 621 621 63a 63a 63a
added the pendulums to assure that quint (4 :aether) can be played more easily and that i can bring out emerald shield...

Rainbow Decks / Re: (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow
« on: December 15, 2010, 11:36:13 pm »
Is it juts me or is this deck a little outdated?
which one? the original or my mod?

anyway: after another day, i have come to the conclusion that antimatter and fractal are really useful additions...AND that getting some SoGs is really high priority...they really make you live much longer!

final comment: the original deck by sacredgirl is really useful for starting god farming...gives you quite realiable wins against easier gods and some rare wins against average ones, if they got bad draw or you a good one...but from the experience i made, i would go up to 45 cards, adding 2 more dim shields, 2 aether pendulums and a miracle or an additional bone wall...you simply need that defense at the beginning.

Will stop to comment on this deck though cause got enough upgrades meanwhile that my actual false god farming deck has become more like the upgraded variants...

« on: December 15, 2010, 03:53:57 pm »
I must say that this is a fantasy idea and combo. However, there is a fatal weakness in my opinion that in this combo we need 3~4 key cards to manage it,and the only way to get all of the cards is drawing,though maybe we could draw many cards in our turns. So,here is the problem. It's "drawing cards" but not "searching your library for the key card(s) and put it(them) on the top of your library". So, I think it's not a stable combo. It just deponds on whether we are lucky enough or not and it will take too many turns to manage the combo so that we can not have enough turns to make the combo work before we lose the game for no card left in the library in our drawing phase.
yor are partly right, to WIN you need to setup quite a 3-4 card combo...until then its just gaining creature control and staying alive...but thats the reason the deck contains 6 sundials, dimensional shields and hourglasses...i actually increased to the number of hourglasses to 5 in my most recent variant...its just as sacredgirl noted in the first post: if you cant draw additional cards, you are dead.

concerning decking out, your dead wrong: eternity pervents that. main idea of this deck.

Would it work better if I replaced 2-3 of the quantum pillars to time pillars and 1-2 quantum pillars to life pillars?
no it wouldnt --> slow down gaininge essential graviton mana (oty) and aether mana (shields an quint).

aether pendulums could an idea...but i think they wouldnt make a significant difference...

life qunta is not used by any other source in this deck AND if you play ffq early, the fly give you life quanta...there were some few games, were I had a miracle, but not the sufficient mana...but most of the time i had enough. miracle is in the deck for emergency rescue in midgame or easier EM.

I gave another variant a try, replacing the ffq with a pharaoh and adding a mindgate. for this variant i replaced 2 pillars with 3 aether pendelums...for me a single pharaoh didnt ever work good enough, to actually have scarabs eating sth and mindgate was nice, but only for 1 winning situation (copied an improved miracle exactly when i needed it). But in many games it was just a fun or useless card. but the aether pendulums were nice...until i lacked some graviton quanta in some games^^

« on: December 11, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »
Will someone post a video using screen toaster or something so I can see how to approach a FG with this deck. I read through the other one but it doesn't seem like all of the strategies can be used with this non-upgraded deck
1. Expect some serious losses ;)
2. Its all about timing and careful consideration, so u would probaly need lots of videos, as there are always conderations dependent on the FG u face...
3. cant make videos ;)
4. some off my guidelines (u might already know)

- check creature and other control cards of FG involved
    - are quints and enchant artifact really needed?
    - what are good targets for your steal? e.g. annoying stuff like permafrost shields, fireshields, pulverizer...i stole neptuns poseidon once (wanted to deny land destruction untill i realized he wont have earth quanta) and game took very long cause permafrost came on the table^^
- check the main focus of the FG deck - it determines how fast u have act
- try to get 1-3 hourglasses out as fast as possible as use them as often as possible,you can stop/slow down drawing a lot at around 15 cards unless u need something really urgently
- draw extra cards BEFORE u do the rest...e.g. have oty on the table, devour, draw boneyard/bonewall :(
- oty has high prority most of the time
- use bone wall carefully, i prefer dim shields and sundials at the beginning
- be patient...accept that u are going to take a lot damage at the beginning. most of the time i dont play sundials unless the dam will kill me within a few turns...BUT there are a lot exceptions
- keep in mind: using eternity on oppenents creatures will slow him down (one less new card to draw) and will remove any modifications...mutating enemies creatures might also work, removing annoying specials (like destroy) and using eternity after mutating may result in the creature never coming back, as enemy dont has the right quanta for it.
-sometimes it necessary take take risks...e.g. playing an unquainted oty against elidnis...if oty is then poisoned by eating a pufferfish or lobotomized u still can call him by eternity...

hope this helps a bit...if not: what are u looking for that u cant learn while doing AI3-5 tests or doing trainer fights?

« on: December 11, 2010, 12:29:44 am »
Sure its :time, as in the original...

Meanwhile I tried some minor changes, that work sometimes, but made the deck not really better:
adding 2-4 novas, removing 1-2 pillars -> did not really speed up the deck, they it saved my life twice
remove 1 quint, add 1 anubis  -> stronger in lategame, quinted anubis rocks, but more problems at the beginning
add 1 guardian angel, 1 butterfly effect, 1 additional pillar -> adds another strong control combo, but slows the deck down
add 1 mindgate -> really nice for lategame, but again slows down your deck...you dont want mindgame within the first 20 cards...but if you want to go to TOP50 farming, its the card id go for. espcially in mirror matches it was more then once the game winner for me...having that addional oty before my opponent draws it.

Right now, i went back closer to the original, as any changes endanger the deck to become less focussed and therefore slower...and you cant afford that!

I still stick to some changes:
1 less empathic bond, 1 additional miracle -> if 1 cant keep you alive, 2 wont do either most of the time. but a midgame miracle sometimes buys you enough time for your setup
1 additional dimensional shields -> for me an essintial part to keep you alive
some additional pillars -> i did more often having not enough quanta then having too much pillars

one last thing, i didnt read through all post, it has to be already mentioned:

upgrading the elf is for me not high priority...i will probably stick with the fallen elf for quite some time: i think elf is probably more flexible then druid...mutating nasty enemies into abominations or even killing them saved my life more than once, especially with an oty on the table

much higher on my upgrading list are the dimensional shields, as i did quite sometimes cause i lacked the one necessary aether...

if someone is interested, heres the code:
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vm 52n 592 5c6 5f8 5li 5oj 5rl 5rl 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5up 61t 61t 621 621 621 71b 74b 74b 7q5 7q5

(btw won the bone wall, but you could also do almost as well with unupgraded as i try to save it for endgame, after setup is done)

Glad you found this awesome game.  And welcome to the forum.

Yeah, the grind can be much.  Because of it, some people spend more of their time in the trainer versus their own account.

http://elementsthegame.com/trainer

The trainer has access to all the cards and all the levels.  When I first started playing, I liked to use the trainer to check the feasibility of decks before I went out and wasted my hard earned electrum.  As for the packs, I think that could work.  Just depends on if zanz could code that without too much work.
Ty, when i first tried the trainer, i didnt take a closer look and assume it just was a guest account^^ but your post made me investigate and now i know how to use it...good thing!

now i have the chance to test everything that like but still: for me its not as much fun using the trainer as it is quite rare that i beat a FG...if i do win, id like to have the spoils :D

But i assume thats just a little bit too greedy^^

Anyway, i managed to put together sacredgirls (almost) unupgraded anti-FG and after some further Top50/half-blood farming and after the first upgrade cards to sell paying 30 electrum for a loss doesnt hurt THAT much as it hurt before...so im fine. Still, i think there needs something to be done with late beginner/early midgame content (just before you start farming FGs for upgrades)...

« on: December 09, 2010, 03:52:33 pm »
hi i'm new here and i was wondering where do you get 10K to up the deck??? cause i'm shure it ain't from AI3 can someone tell me where to get the money to build this deck???
u dont...i needs some learning how to use this deck properly. But once you are used to it, you can beat false gods even without upgrades...

this is my current version, added some more cards (addional fallen elf, dimensional shield, bone wall and firefly queen) especially miracle (was lucky to get 2 from farming :D) is a life saver...and yes, it needs some farming to even get the unupgraded version ;)

4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vm 4vm 52n 52r 52r 55r 55r 592 5c6 5c6 5f8 5li 5oj 5oj 5rl 5rl 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5up 61t 61t 621 621 621 7q5

have around 40-50% wins, though it was mostly against easier false gods...but anyway: even 30% is much better and MUCH more fun as grinding AI3...I was already starting to complain!

@Scaredgirl: TYVM for this really cool setup!! It is a huge help!

edit: had a really good run while writing this...lost almost all follow up matches^^ anyway, the basic setup is good!

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Reduce time grinding by easier common cards
« on: December 09, 2010, 10:12:32 am »
Hi,

i just discovered elements yesterday and as former magic player im thrilled to find such a GREAT game! Just love it...

But there is one thing id like to see improved...the grinding.

I would love to play around with some deck ideas, but putting together a new kind of deck costs around 1000+ electrum. So instead of having fun with different decks, trying this and that, looking for some new challenges...i only do one thing: AI3 farming...again and again...and after 100 farming runs its becoming a pain and especially BORING!

I understand that getting your cards shouldnt be TOO easy as there has to be some challenge.

I would really love to see a method for new players to acquire common cards more easily.

I took a short look into the forums but i didnt see any suggestions about sth like this. So will share my ideas:

Offer (more or less) random packs for a reduced price, like most TCG do anyway. Like:
10 totally random commons for 150
10 random commons of one element for 250

The prices are just an example, maybe they have to be higher...but this way new players could get a good start for building up their card stack without HOURS of grinding...imo grinding should not be the main occupation after 1 day of playing!

If cheap, random packs are included, it might be necessary to raise prices to buy single cards and too lower prices for sale to prevent players from actually making money from buying packs.

If you think that random packs make highly used cards for god farming (like sundials or dimensional shields) too easy to get, you might want to the category uncommon...simply to exclude some cards from beeing purchased at a discount price.

Pillars should be free (exept Quantum) I know, they are not expensive already...but still i have to do another 4-5 farming runs to even afford the simple backbone of a none rainbow deck...WHY?

Furthermore, Mono element pillars should be excluded from spins....its rare enough that you get a card and i want to get nice rewards, not a card i could have bought for even lowly 6 electrum...

Lower or remove the electrum penalty for AIs
This is meant to be fun, right? Right now, after one test, i wont even do my own trials against half-bloods or false good until i have farmed enough electrum recommended deck...without it, i have a high probability to loose and that means: MORE GRINDING! no way! wont do anything that will need me to do even more boring, senseless AI fights...why do you have to loose electrum at all? It simply discourages testing your own ideas and trying to be succesfull.

If you want to add additonal thrill, offer a betting system. Ask the player if he wants to make a bet (somehow limited) for AI5+...and if your into gaining money for your upgrades and are confident about winning, you can CHOOSE to risk some electrum. You even might add a card betting system...if you put a card at risk (maybe random, maybe the best card in deck?), you get one additional spin or maybe are allowed to respin one single bar?

Well, enough for the moment...got to go back GRINDING :(

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
blarg: