Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - funerallaughter (563)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]
Card Ideas and Art / Re: Stampede | Stampede
« on: December 30, 2010, 08:44:49 pm »
Those are all nice and dandy, but they're all useless when you've collected enough Stampedes in your hand, have a Leaf Dragon out and a board of Rols  ;)

I'd say... even when you have two Stampedes.... what's that? 22 x 22 attack? :P

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Stampede | Stampede
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:25:33 pm »
maybe not so much early in the game, but it's not too difficult to hold even 24 Life; a full board of RoLs, a couple of Blessings, and you've got yourself a monster of a light particle o.O"

It might need to consume all of the Life, but even then it's not so difficult to fractal a froggie or a spark...

**Come to think of it, addition could be a lot cleaner than multiplication

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Reflection A | Reflection B
« on: December 24, 2010, 09:44:22 am »
I was playing around with the idea of having a potentially powerful creature without the ability to spam it ruin the fun. So, there are two points that need to be dealt with: Fractal and the 6 card limit, both of which are remedied by Immaterial and how an upped and un-upped card is the same, respectively. So, true, there is no point of using either A or B on its own in a fulled upped/not deck, but they're not made for that. I think its similar to how a shard needs to be upgraded to be used, this only goes half-way for a full deck.

Card Ideas and Art / Reflection A | Reflection B
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:56:19 pm »
NAME:
Reflection A
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
:aether
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2|0
TEXT:
Immaterial: Reflection A cannot be targeted. Complete: Holds a +3/+1 per Reflection B on the field.
NAME:
Reflection B
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
:aether
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3|0
TEXT:
Immaterial: Reflection B cannot be targeted. Complete: Holds a +3/+1 per Reflection A on the field.
ART:
funerallaughter
IDEA:
funerallaughter
NOTES:
It has "hold" rather than "gain" since, if a partner card is removed from the field, it loses the boost. The gain is also attained if the partner card is on the opponent's field.
SERIES:
I really want to make a series of these co-dependent upped/un-upped cards, but for now it's solo (though don't let that stop anyone from using the idea of course!) POST EVEN IF YOU'RE JUST INTRIGUED! I'd like to know if I should actually look into this :)

Card Ideas and Art / Re: hebalist / elite herbalist
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:57:46 am »
Though interesting, it seems to be almost un-usable. What comes to mind first is to help against poison or aid one's gravity-pulled monster, but it'd be difficult to move around your creatures outside the use of Rewind, seeing that both spells, if not chaos-ed onto them, is due to a direct spell or ability. Furthermore, when poisoning builds or, especially in the case of voodoo, when the attacks get too strong, the healing just won't be able to catch up?

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Entice | Inveigle
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:49:05 am »
Isn't that the point of a monster steal? If Player A has one creature, then Player B plays Entice, shouldn't that keep A from playing another monster? I don't know how aiming random attacks is different from playing an un-upped Pandemonium when there's only creatures on the opponent's side? Oh! btw, I was wondering if you got what I said: a delay between a person playing one Entice before their next one to keep someone from, say, playing 3 in a turn or even "hooking" one after the other?

Just to clean it up, if it were 1 turn | 2 turn, it'd be 7 | 9, I guess.

Also, while I was typing (cause I really do type slow,) what if there was a greater chance of attracting a higher attack creature (as the AI deems "stronger," considering attack, HP, and buffs, the higher ones net quanta amount was?

How about : each turn, one more creature is enticed and won't attack. After 5 turns all limitations are removed.

So it blocks 1 creature, then 2, 3, 4, 5, then disappears.
I'm intrigued by the idea!... but the mechanics are way different from the original proposal?

Cygnia / Re: Hydra | Hydra
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:26:20 am »
As much as Hydras are known in Greek mythology, I have to say that, thanks to Age of Mythology, there is a truly aquatic variation of the Hydra: the Scylla (possible upgraded name?!) I like the multiple head spawning idea rather than the Ice Hydra power boost, though I strongly object to the idea of a lone, flopping Hydra neck to be intimidating...

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Entropic Symbiote | Entropic Symbiote
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:12:31 am »
In accordance with symbiosis, I think it should come out with 0|2 and poisoning, dying the turn after if it doesn't attach itself to another?

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Entice | Inveigle
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:01:15 am »
I had in mind a fractal defense, what if it was 1 turn | 2 turn? Also, would a replay delay, like "wait 5 turns before anther can be played, but can steal on still from the opponent" sort of thing, be too messy?

Card Ideas and Art / Entice | Inveigle
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:39:59 am »
NAME:
Entice
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
n/a
TEXT:
Entices 1 random enemy creature to your side of the field per turn. Breaks after 5 turns.
NAME:
Inveigle
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
n/a
TEXT:
Entices 1 random enemy creature to your side of the field per turn. Breaks after 5 turns.
ART:
photographed and edited by funerallaughter
IDEA:
funerallaughter
NOTES:
No monsters are migrated if there are no monsters on the opponent's field, but counter does go down. I actually began with the idea of having it break after 3 monsters moved over, but I thought a timer instead allowed it to be more easily countered? I've looked around, albeit only the ones open at this post's posting, and could find a theory-card that actually took the opponent's creature. TU is so not evil enough!
SERIES:
n/a

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Submit your own ver1.25 AI3
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:43:15 pm »
Code: [Select]
5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bt 5bt 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bv 5bv 5bv 5c0 5c0 5c0 5c5 5c5 5li 5li 5lj 5lj 5lj 5lk 5lk 5lk 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 622 622 622 622
Really simple to play with and against: play all cards as you get them and use luci when there are a lot of frogs, chickens, and some dragons out. It could work out as a bond variant, but I thought that could have been too difficult with hope and miracle already in there. Just like a RoL/Hope deck, it's easily vanquished by creature control, lobo (though it can get slow with all those lucis...), and even really early permanent control.   

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]
anything
blarg: