Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - finkel (727)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]
Other / Re: Relic - the filler card for Nymphs in spins
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:40:58 pm »
tk: I don't think you CAN spin a nymph.

Forum Archive / Re: Best deck for grinding t50?
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:11:43 pm »
I ended up with something similar to what's already been said.
Code: [Select]
4vh 4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52q 55q 55q 5c1 5c1 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 6rn
This deck often wins by very little against fully upgraded top 50s, but it usually wins. Interestingly enough, out of the ~25 games I've played, I've never had a truly horrible start. I've always gotten damage out in the first 2, one time as long as 3, turns. That said, very often on my first turn I start doing damage, and the rainbow decks are usually at or around 50 health when they start playing damage/healing cards. One guy had a deck entirely composed of darkness+ amethyst pillars and dark+purple nymphs, the idea behind which was to reverse my creatures' damage and heal him, and then liquid shadow them to deal ME damage. Of course, immolation gets around this quite nicely, but killing any of my own creatures that get infected thusly before they even damage me/heal him, and the AI infects creatures with very little health and his own creatures often enough that out of the 3 times I faced this deck I won 2 with EM.

Overall statistics with this deck:
23 wins
11 Elemental masteries (about half to farms)
2 losses (both due to bad draw+enemy having many shields+creature control).

Rainbow Decks / Re: rainbow speed deck
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:33:52 pm »
One BIG problem with this deck. Huge ongoing demand for earth quanta by lava golems, trident, and the two graboids. I played ~10 games with this deck (only difference was I used an upgraded otyugh), and in every game I ran into a shortage of earth mana. This is most prominent when you have a lava golem in play, a graboid in your hand, and a trident out, and only, for example, 3 earth quanta. Do you evolve the golem, play the graboid, or kill some of the enemy's pillars? Often it takes several turns to generate another 3 earth quanta. Since you're not garunteed earth mana every turn, or even in any number of turns (I went an entire game with almost no earth mana nearly all the time, it was the strangest thing to see all my other elements with 20-30 quanta and earth with less than 5 after I only used it to grow a lava golem once and use trident's ability.) Granted, this IS a rainbow deck, and is based on luck, but having two cards that use earth for their ability, especially when one requires 3 quanta, and then tacking on two cards that require 3 earth a piece to come into play is way over-taxing it.

otherwise, worked pretty well. Quit 3 top 50 matches against opponents that got out 5 shards and started playing shields, won the other 7, 2 with elemental mastery (both times opponent played an otyugh which I either froze or poisoned, or both.

Besides the problem with uneven quanta distribution, nice deck, great idea, I'll tweak it some and try it out later. peace.

Other / Re: Relic - the filler card for Nymphs in spins
« on: May 04, 2010, 10:12:27 pm »
I just won 3 of them from spinning after an elemental mastery from Top 15. 255 electrum in less than a minute. Nice :D

EDIT: this has happened four more times since (getting 3 relics after an elemental mastery on a top 15 - usually from killing them too quickly for them to play any damage). Lovin' it.

I'm playing a variant of this. For quanta I use 5 novas, 6 immolations, and 6 photons. For damage I have 5 lava golems and 2 of all the other elements except light (I'm playing around with using two holy lights for EM against decks that deal damage on the last turn or two).

Random, Normal and Elder / Re: Most Despised Level 3?
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:55:23 pm »
I'm going to go ahead and side with everybody that said  :entropy
sometimes  :water, too when he pulls out an ice shield and an artic squid or two and just freezes all my friggin' creatures >.<
when he gets up discord, dissipation shield, and a couple maxwell's demons, that's game.
EDIT: I've beaten entropy 3 times since this post (a few minutes, lol) with the shrieker rush deck by getting 3-4 pillars and 3-4 graboids so I could evolve one every turn and get 4 shriekers out before he stated in with the devourers+discord+maxwell's demon.

Random, Normal and Elder / Re: The AI3 Farming Challenge
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:02:23 pm »
Stumbled across this thread. I actually just played for 30 minutes against level 3 and kept track of my games for my own records. Though I used no upgraded cards, I did use two vampire stilettos. When I find the time in the future I'll replace them with a couple "drain life"'s and update this post with the stats for a fully non-upgraded non-rare deck, but for now this will have to do.

Code: [Select]
5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 5ul 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5ur 5ur 5uu 5uu 5uu
in 30 minutes:
-15 wins, 2 EMs (could have gotten more EMs if I'd planned my attacks/liquid shadows more)
-Cards won: bone dragon, 2 blessings, fire spirit, paraist, virus, deflagration
-total coins gained (after selling cards won): 643
-1 loss to entropy. He played discord, dissipation shield, and then maxwell's demon, sealing my fate.

hope this helps somebody.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]
blarg: