Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Wynden (179)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.23
« on: June 05, 2010, 05:16:41 am »
T_T I figured out about the poison patch in the middle of a game against an FG. BAD Timing.
Also, I spent another 100 electrum the day before changing marks.
CURSE YOU, TIME!
.................except in Elements. Then, you're kinda cool.

General Discussion / Re: Nymphs names
« on: June 05, 2010, 04:58:57 am »
I will refer to them all as BLAG
Black Nymph - Blood Suckar
Light Nymph - Star
Amber Nymph - Honey
Green Nymph - Flora

All of them are general tributes to their elements, or the name of the card.
The half exception is Star, which is the nickname I gave my best friend. =3

Deck Help / Re: Deck: Help Appreciated! :D
« on: May 30, 2010, 02:44:42 am »
why butterfly simply ply pulverizer since butterfly is without your ffq a waste and its hard to get both
Not exactly: I have my Oty, which is a common strategy based on the fact it has 0/5.
Also, i can play boneyard and get a skelly.

There is one other thing you did not consider: FFQ is 3/7, and Fireflies are 3/2. They cannot use it anyways, as Butterfly effect needs creatures that have less than 3.

Under no circumstances in my strategy do i use Butterfly effect along with FFQ specifically. The only way they correlate even remotely is if my opponent kills off these creatures and i have my boneyard out. It gives me a legion of skellys to use for butterfly, which can be useful.

« on: May 29, 2010, 11:31:51 pm »
May I ask you something?  Has miracle ever helped this deck?

Seems like it would be too expensive....
i don't use the effects of the extra draw i get from sundial all the time, so i normally have the quanta for this. Normally, it's a last resort cuz nothing else can be used. Otherwise, I use it for a final EM. I have a lot of light quanta from the fireflies/ lack of use from anything but dials (maybe)

id take out the miracle and the butterfly and add a RoF
The only problem with that is that butterfly is the only permanent control i have next to steal, and a lot of the time it'd be a waste to steal. Things such as weaker shields, useless weapons, and even eclipse are a waste to steal. In a few situations, I had to choose between keeping my 20+ bone wall or taking a fire buckler. Butterfly kept me from that choice, because i don't have a pulvy in this deck. I think that would put too much strain on my grav quanta.

For now, I'm using:
Code: [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 52n 52r 52r 5c6 5c6 5f8 5f8 5i9 5li 5oi 5oi 5oj 5ro 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5up 5up 5up 61t 621 621 6qq 6qq 6rn 6u6 6u8 74b 74b 7n5 7q5 7q5

General Discussion / Re: [POLL] The worst element
« on: May 29, 2010, 06:41:48 pm »
I have 3 things to say to this:
1. No elements is BAD. It's god good cards for different situations. Saying one element is better than another is biased, because they will all be balanced in the future.
2. Some cards are a bit worse in mono, but that's just because they need the synergy. That makes them strong.
3. I'm abstaining from this poll, but personally, if it was there, maybe Other. xD
Although I love the shards and quantum towers build the framework for my rainbow, I wonder what would happen if we actually gave them some creatures.  :P

I voted darkness as the worst,
as i base internet games on PVP,,
and assuming this vote means mono decks,
yeah, it sucks.

Why diss on light, so hard?
Its amazing with gold dragons and bless with heal etc.
you obviously haven't tried a mono darkness denial and/ or a vampire deck.

It is more sad when you see dragons and it says "No". At least you got a card.
*Nymphs.  :'(

« on: May 29, 2010, 04:02:35 am »
In short I don't like decks with dials as much as those without since the nerf.  The other big potential improvements imo are supernovas,  which will really speed you up, and SoGs, which are an upgrade over bonds in this deck.
I normally use them just as a back up at the start in case the ai gets a head start and i'm lagging behind, and i wanna start trying puppychow's deck as soon as i have the finds for that, along with all the supernovas. Till then, I'm working my way up with towers next on my list.

Maybe I'll just help you tweak it a little:

-1 Steal, -2 Sundial, -1 Dimensional Shield, -1 Eagle's Eye, +1 Rain of Fire, +1 Bone Wall, +1 Quint, +1 Ice Shield
Think it'll be a good change. I'll test it out now.

Eagle's Eye is an iffy card, and i only use it half the time anyways, depending on whether it comes before or after my Eternity. It's good to cut stuff down to size for my Otys.
I kind of like having an expendable weapon.  I realize you have an Enchant Artifact that you probably use to protect your Eternity, but I still wouldn't play Eternity until the last few turns.  It doesn't do much damage, and unless you have an abundance of time quanta, you can't really consistently use its ability until you need it to save you from decking out.  In the meantime it's nice to be able to throw the EE out there and have it do 7 damage and occasionally snipe something.  If the EE and FFQ stress your air quanta too much, the Pulvy is popular for permanent control (but you have to balance it with your Otys), or I personally also like the Vamp Dagger (you should have plenty of dark quanta).
That's normally what I do, in fact. I play eternity in the last 2-3 turns of the match, giving me the full effect. For now, I'll try out union's idea and see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Deck Help / Re: How do i get eternity???
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:27:44 pm »
you should try asking someone in the t50, probably on the chat nicely for an eternity farm.

Deck Help / Re: Improve my HB Rainbow!
« on: May 23, 2010, 10:13:30 am »
First of all:
Take out some pillars and hourglasses.
3-4 pillars, 1-2 hourglasses.
IMO, 4 hourglasses is overkill. You do NOT need to draw 5 cards per turn (not including sundials), nor do you have that much time quanta to spare (together, that's approx 8/ turn)
Shard of Divinity isn't a great card, and I would suggest it's taken out.
Toning down on Dim. Shields so you have access to aether quanta for other things might help as well, because you might be a bit hasty, and not have enough for the Quints.

This deck has next to no Creature control. The only thing you can hope for are the elves & the RoF, which might help your opponent just as much as it can cripple them. The RoF, however powerful, isn't very stable. It's used once, and then they can rebuild all over again. I highly recommend you place some Otys in this deck.

With the water, death, and dark quantum not being used at all, you should change your deck to allow for it. Above all, it's a RAINBOW deck, which uses all elements. Add steals! Your opponent can have some really nice cards.  ;) Personally, I've taken bonds with no creature slots left, giving me an extra 24 HP/ turn. Also, because it's a rainbow deck, it can use all of those spells and weapons efficiently. Boneyards and Bone walls are the way to go. Bone wall is the most powerful shield available. If you have RoF, elves to possibly kill, and possibly a future Oty or 2 to kill creatures which will power your bone wall.

That's all I got.

Deck Help / Re: HElp =]...
« on: May 23, 2010, 09:31:11 am »
i think you still have a bit too many shields.
you have 2 dim shields, a fire, and a diamond.
try taking out the fire and/or the diamond, depending on your preference.
Taking a few pillars out would be good. maybe 3-4.
Your heals are a bit unnecessary because of all the healing you have regardless.
Also, your life quanta is already strained with the elf, the queen, and getting the cards out.
Having the mark helps, but you really need to lay off of the life quanta even then.

If you have the time, you might wanna farm the t50 for an eternity.

You could try taking the black hole out for another Oty,
and definitely putting some bone walls in.
For some simple permanent protection, try a PA for either towers
or a weapon that'll help you in the long run.
Steals are very useful in many situations! Don't count them out by just placing one!

All in all, it's a good deck, but too spaced out.
Because it's trying to cover a lot of possible attacks and strategies, it's not concise enough.

The aether AI5's are a pain, but because of your healing, you don't need a fire shield.
Diamond will help, and dilute enough of it to make it easy to maintain.

Keeping with your deck, I would try something like this:

15-17 x Quantum Pillar
1 x Quantum Tower
1 x Butterfly Effect
2 x Fallen Druid
1 x Boneyard
1-2 x Bone Wall
1 x Alfatoxin
2 x Rustler
1 x Druidic Staff
3 x Empathic Bond
1 x Rain of Fire
2 x Firefly Queen
3 x Sundial
2 x Steal
2 x Dim. Shield
1 x Quint
2 x Elite Oty
1 x Diamond Shield
1 x Improved Miracle
1 x Eagle's Eye
2 x Hourglass
1 x Eternity
Total: Min 47 cards, Max 50 cards
*The big thing to watch out is getting the bonds out ASAP, and getting enough time quantum for the hourglasses/ eternity.

Deck Help / Deck: Help Appreciated! :D
« on: May 23, 2010, 06:58:20 am »
Code: [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vo 52n 52r 592 5c6 5c6 5f8 5li 5oj 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5up 5up 61t 621 621 6qq 6qq 6rn 6u6 74b 74b 7n5 7q5 7q5
I've been using this one recently for AI5's. Questions, Comments, Suggestions?

This is a variation of SG's deck. I'm planning on upgrading the pillars asap, but i'm getting a pretty good win % with this.

I decided to take out 2 sundials instead of the full 6 b/c they were taking up too much space, even if they're pretty necessary. In the same respect, I also cut down 2 hourglasses.

Eagle's Eye is an iffy card, and i only use it half the time anyways, depending on whether it comes before or after my Eternity. It's good to cut stuff down to size for my Otys.
^those are the main arguments I assume people will make. Thanks for all feedback in advance!  ;D

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
anything
blarg: