Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Toge111 (128)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Not a day passes and my thread gets moved to trash bin. Does a small browser game like this really need 93 subforums for topics? (yes I counted them)

The Arena / Re: Arena loss feedback (thumbs up/down)
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:36:34 pm »
The system fails because it's very hard to be impartial judge. The deck just beat you after all. Secondly if the deck you played against beats your deck, why would you want to thumb it up to have it stick around? Pissing on your own cereals much? Thirdly it's an extra complexity. Even if you just click thumb down every time, the act of clicking in most cases is without purpose. Simple is beautiful. I don't see how this suggestion was worth implementing.

I was playing arena and when I faced several decks there this thought occured to me. Everything is very powerful. If you have Otyugh on the table, the opponent likely can't play any creature without it being eaten. If somebody has Mind Flayer, all played creatures of opponent will lose their ability to use their special. Dimensional shield makes you invulnerable(!) for three turns and can be chained without restrictions. One Antimatter on dragon reduces your damage output by around 20 points and there's very little you can do about it. Discord / Black hole / Earthquake combinations make it so that you can't play any card besides pillars on your turn. Just a couple of Feral Bonds with tons of creatures will de facto overcome any damage.

Yet everything is balanced. There's no single deck or card that beats all the rest. One kind of OP'ness can be responded by different kind of OP'ness. I think this kind of good design creating different routes to victory is what makes Elements have lasting appeal.

Rainbow Decks / Re: The Wrecking Ball [Bronze League][Silver League]
« on: January 02, 2012, 07:05:22 pm »
This deck is true to its name. I've been using it on silver league and it's so fun to play! The only downside is lack of healing compared to Discord/Black Hole deck, but I guess you can't have everything in one deck. Mad props to willng3 for coming up with it.

Is it possible to form correlation between variable in nominal scale (e.g. win / loss) and variable in interval scale (e.g. number of cards played)? If so, how?

Duo-Decks / Re: Dj's Darkness
« on: January 01, 2012, 06:42:22 pm »
At first I was excited to see that there's thematical decks posted, but then I realized sticking to one element is gimping those decks. I tried some of those decks in OP's post against half-bloods. I lost all the games because darkness just doesn't deal enough damage effectively. There's some quanta denial here and some lifesteal there but nothing to make it work as coherent strategy.

Paradox / Re: Oracle : Paradox
« on: December 30, 2011, 02:15:48 pm »
EMs should come easy with this deck.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80e 80g 80g 80g 80g 80k 80k 80k 8ps
- Deckout comes easy with that deck. How do you burn through 200 hp with 4 spiders and 1 lobotomizer, all the while speeding through the deck with precognitions?

Seism / Re: Oracle
« on: December 24, 2011, 07:35:09 am »
No Rare Cards
Code: [Select]
77i 77i 77i 77i 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80a 80a 80a 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80f 80f 80f 80f 80f
- Decks out pretty easily. Dragons deal 5 damage after Diamond Shield and you need quanta to fuel shield chain. Lightnings seem off-placed cards.

General Discussion / Re: Best Current AI3 Farmer
« on: October 04, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »
TADABow is the best one. Don't pay too much attention to turns-to-win. Getting EM more than doubles the reward you would otherwise get.

Mono Darkness (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29807.0.html):

25 games: 25 wins, 0 losses against Bronze League.
- I tried it unupped. It's so hilariously slow to grind 150 hp away with vampires, relying on opponent not playing anything serious like Quantum Tower to fuel their deck, or have any sort of mass CC.

I'm going back to TADAbow...

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Re: Platinum+ arena needs this
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:06:48 pm »
Isn't PvP the beef for those who have everything done?

It's powerful because shields are the number one response to creature spam. Shields are nullified with 1 :fire cost explosion and no reasonable player packs ten shields on his deck.

Every deck has some weakness. Even if you're playing tried-and-true Quantum Tower / Supernova decks there's Earthquake and Black Hole to drain it away. How do you get in between 0 cost creature and 0 cost Cremation that gives enough  :fire quanta to play several creatures at once. How do you deny that?

Fire element has everything that is needed for winning and has no counters. That's why it's imbalanced.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
anything
blarg: Toge111