Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Toge111 (128)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
General Discussion / Re: Low arena deck plays related to online activity?
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:44:21 am »
It'd be nice if Zanz released stats about how much each league is played. My guess is silver/gold is played the most, while platinum is played the least.
- I thought rewards for winning were inversely proportional to number of plays (or deck wins?) league gets.

General Discussion / Re: Low arena deck plays related to online activity?
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:09:51 am »
Lower leagues get much more plays than higher leagues. I've seen silver decks with 150 plays that were still rated. Luckily higher leagues are compensated by higher win% and more electrum gain per win.

I just won against a stall-ish deck on gold league. 149 electrum won, 256 second taken = 34.9 electrum/minute. Just barely better than what you'd get playing AI3 with Disc'EM (34 electrum/minute) or TADAbow (33 electrum/minute). This of course doesn't take into account the countless losses (minus electrum), which also take time to play out.

Deck Help / Re: What deck to use to beat Gold League?
« on: January 08, 2012, 09:17:17 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vo 4vo 55v 593 593 593 5og 5um 5um 5um 622 622 622 622 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7t6 7t6 7t6 7td 7td 8pu

Modded Jen-i's "Better way to pestal" does pretty well in gold.
- What do you do when their opening is SUPERNOVA SUPERNOVA SUPERNOVA and suddenly your one devourer needs to do quite a bit of work to drain that resulting 72 quanta your opponent is going to have? Then they play whatever lava destroyers they have and you're patiently waiting to draw one of those 2 vampires and fractal them for healing. 3/5 games go just like this one, so I don't know what makes this pretty good response to gold league.

I made an animate druidic staff deck which won half its games with EM, giving me stacks of electrum every game i won, very profitable, though it needed two nymphs :P
- I tried it without nymphs and with bunch of upped towers and pendulums I had from USEM. The problem was that it's quite slow to win and has no counters to either permanents or creatures. If opponent steals your Thorn Carapace, it's the end of your adrenaline'd Druidic Staves.

General Discussion / Re: Health
« on: January 08, 2012, 04:16:32 pm »
Shard of Divinity is the only way.

That's not how it works.  Otherwise, winning with 1 HP gives you ~0-1  :electrum, meaning there's a net loss (you paid to fight silver/gold/whatever)
- You only pay the cost of battle if you lose. The reward scales with health left when you won the match. I'm not sure where the lower bar is.

Rainbow Decks / Re: (EM)azing DVEM (deja vu elemental mastery)
« on: January 08, 2012, 12:42:54 am »
Have you done comprehensive testing?

See:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21923.0

Rainbow Decks / Re: Shard of Void stalling Rainbow
« on: January 07, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »
How does it win? Waiting shards of void to bring current hp = max hp = 0?

I'm pretty sure that Arena is more profitable than AI3. In addition, I don't see how "unpredictability of decks" can cause games to be "much slower".
- Arena decks have usually more than 100 hp, which takes more time to burn down. AI3 decks are all predictable and easy to learn. In arena, however, there's more variance. You can't know how much creature control any deck is going to have, so you'll have to trick the AI into wasting their CC on useless creatures. Some decks that are "sure winners" with cards like quintessences and shields packed into them tend to be slower. Unpredictability is the reason for making those slow decks.

If you have enough upgrades, Arena is WAY more profitable than AI3 farming.  Unupped or mostly unupped, though, you aren't likely to be able to beat gold/platinum, which is where the money is.  (bronze/silver just don't pay off, and AI3 probably is more profitable than those levels in terms of score/electrum)
- Do you have idea what decks would be consistent winners in gold league?

Arena is definitely more profitable than AI3 not only because of the electrum won in the higher leagues (Gold and Platinum) but also the higher chances of getting rares.  Also, a win in Silver league gives around 50 electrum, which is more than an EM in AI3, not 26 electrum.
- Win with 100 health gives 52 electrum currently, which is then doubled if it's also elemental mastery. Reward scales with health. I'm assuming average non-EM win happens with 50 health left, which would reduce the reward by 50% to 26.

I've tried tons of decks presented here. I'm admitting that the decks I tested weren't full power, as I had about one third of the cards upped. Result of winning in silver league (not counting rare EM's) are about 26 electrum, lower than EM'ing AI3. The games are much slower though due to unpredictability of decks you're going to face. I'm not sure, but I get the feeling arena matches win more cards from spins compared to AI3.

I tried one deck that could completely shutdown opponents decks. It was really slow to play, but I did manage to get EM on gold league (~350 electrum) twice. The problem was that the deck lost way too many games. Losing in arena costs both time and 15 electrum coins. Losing against AI3 costs 10 electrum and is very rare with TADAbow, which I have completely upgraded.

The swing is huge. According to this study (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21923.0) TADAbow wins about 33 electrum per minute. If we assume around 80% win rate for silver league, +50% time for games and 20% of wins as EM, formula is (win 0.8*0.8*26=16.6 , EM win 0.8*0.2*104=16.6 , loss 0.2*(-15)=-3 , (16.6+16-6-3) / 1.5 = 20). Notice that even if matches took same time as farming AI3, it would still be only 30.2 electrum/minute with these stats.

Am I doing something wrong? Is Arena viable to electrum farming?

I thought this was so D'oh! moment I'd like to share it:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
anything
blarg: Toge111