Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - SunnyGreens (245)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
Card Ideas and Art / Re: Silent Siren | Deafening Siren
« on: May 08, 2010, 08:20:36 pm »
@ Boingo

I am currently pondering that actually, so I am open to suggestions. Using their quanta would make this more flexible since using your own might limit this card to rainbow decks.

Forge Archive / Re: Dimensional Gate | Dimensional Portal
« on: May 08, 2010, 03:57:42 pm »
Would the Horror/Terror be spawned at the end of the 5th turn or the beginning of the 6th (allowing a quintessence straight away or not)?

But yeah, it almost seems TOO expensive, but then again if its a mono-aether deck your probably hiding behind shields for a long time.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Silent Siren | Deafening Siren
« on: May 08, 2010, 12:14:04 pm »
I'm not sure how you guys are interpreting this but ill provide an example just in case: Say there is an Anubis and an immortal Otyugh on the field. The Silent Siren would not be able to target the Otyugh since it has immortality. If it were to target the Anubis however, it would not steal its ability (the creature keeps its ability), but you would be able to use it on that turn as if it were your creature. So you could force the Anubis to use its ability and cast immortality on your Silent Siren, which would then remain immortal. The affected creature will not attack for you however, and your opponent will be able to use his creature on his turn normally. I am considering the possibility that any quanta cost of the borrowed ability would be deducted from your opponent instead of yourself.

And Flayne, read through ftbhrygvn's post in http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,2632.20.html , it provides a good step by step instruction on adding everything you need to the card.

Card Ideas and Art / Silent Siren | Deafening Siren
« on: May 08, 2010, 02:21:04 am »
NAME:
Silent Siren
ELEMENT:
Wind
COST:
3 (Wind)
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1/2
ABILITY:
2(Wind): Siren Song; Take control of target creature's ability for one turn.
NAME:
Deafening Siren
ELEMENT:
Wind
COST:
3 (Wind)
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2/4
ABILITY:
2(Wind): Siren Song; Take control of target creature's ability for one turn.
ART:
-
IDEA:
SunnyGreens
NOTES:
Abilities such as steal would benefit you, not your opponent, while the creature's abilities are under your control.
SERIES:
-

Card Ideas and Art / Echo | Reverberate
« on: May 08, 2010, 02:14:41 am »
NAME:
Echo
ELEMENT:
:air
COST:
6 :air
TYPE:
Permanent - Shield
ATK|HP:
-
ABILITY:
Shield: 20% chance of damage equal to attacking creature's being dealt to opponent.
NAME:
Reverberate
ELEMENT:
:air
COST:
5 :air
TYPE:
Permanent - Shield
ATK|HP:
-
ABILITY:
Shield: 20% chance of damage equal to attacking creature's being dealt to opponent.
ART:
-
IDEA:
SunnyGreens
NOTES:
Reflective shield does apply.
SERIES:
-

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Undergrowth | Overgrowth
« on: May 07, 2010, 11:59:56 pm »
Reworded the card so that it sounds similar to the Bone Wall description. Is that clearer? Does it make more sense?

Competitions / Re: Competition: Epic 3 Card Design Challenge
« on: May 07, 2010, 10:47:22 pm »
Is there a requirement to left-align text on the cards? A couple people have commented, but I can't find anything against centered text.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Hallucination | Psychosis
« on: May 07, 2010, 08:55:19 pm »
No, I figured hitting itself would be kind of silly and too limiting if there are only a few creatures on the board. It already has a chance of hitting its own side, hitting itself would add more of a burden than its worth I think.

You know what, I had a whole long paragraph here on the advantages and disadvantages of a power buff (both static and random) but the more I thought about it, the more I came to agree with pepokish, simpler really is better. I think I prefer it as is. The affected creatures already keep any other abilities they previously had as it is, and you should be able to find a creature capable of doing some damage without a buff in most decks.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Hallucination | Psychosis
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:39:11 pm »
Oooh, I like that idea Arondight! It would probably work something like an attack-power-only Chaos Power card. Could be +0/+0 one time, the next it could be +7/+0. I think ill implement that idea. Thanks!

What do you think? Should I add it to both cards, or increase the cost of Psychosis to 3 and add the +X/+0 Chaos Power buff?

Card Ideas and Art / Re: False Prophet | Empath
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:27:55 pm »
    Pity, I kind of liked the centered look.

I made the Empath the upgraded one since I like being optimistic and didn't want the bad guy as the upgraded version, but I can see your point. I could switch the two.

I had thought to have both abilities usable multiple times. The Empath would only have maybe 2-3 uses out of it max if you use it by itself and have several creatures out in the field. If you pair it with a Guardian Angel or use Plate Armor, however, you could extend the life of the Empath and keep feeding health to your other creatures. Though solo use wouldn't be bad either, in a pinch it will keep some of your Fireflys from death by a Rain of Fire. 

As for the False Prophet, I thought multiple ability use would be better. Sure some combination of Aflatoxin/Graveyard/Bone Wall would rock with this card, but those are all fairly pricey cards. If you can get them all out into the field without interruption and without dying first, then why not? Fractal/Devourer is similarly deadly if you can pull it off in time. Besides, all of your Malignant Cells would die the first time you use the ability, so they wont replenish. If you get skeletons off of them, they will be dead another two turns after that. The field is then presumably empty other than an absolutely huge False Prophet. This assumes the False Prophet was not interrupted along the way (by freeze, rewind, fire bolt, etc.) One solution though could be that each use of the False Prophets ability cause +0/-2 to each other creature instead of +0/-1. That would reduce the number of buffs it gets off of friendly creatures.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Undergrowth | Overgrowth
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:05:26 pm »
I think I'm going to reword the card a bit when I have time. Yes, this is a shield. Remember this is essentially a variation on the Bone Shield card, so the counters work in a similar fashion. I think ill reword so it sounds more like the Bone Wall card's description. You guys have it essentially correct. To be sure though, each attack removes a counter regardless of damage dealt or not dealt. If the number of counters is less than the amount of damage dealt however, some of that damage will go through. Bone Wall, by comparison, blocks all damage with each counter no matter how much attack the creature has. Just think of this as a Hope shield with counters instead of luminescent creatures.

As for why air: I chose air because green was already using water and light for stuff. I decided to give air some love. If you're looking for more of a real-world connection between the two, air works because plants are built out of the carbon dioxide in the air. In fact, most of a plants mass is from the air (due to carbon fixation), so air makes as much, or even more, sense as water and light do.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: momentum bolt/ momentum bullet
« on: May 06, 2010, 02:53:47 am »
I hate making those tables *im sorry to say* im confused as hell by them and i have a mac so i cant make the card any way >:C
I made mine on a mac.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
blarg: