Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Shaliyah (116)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Forum Game Archive / Re: Corrupt A Wish 3.0
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:56:51 pm »
Granted but you just realized it was just a dream.

I wish I could shift into any animal.

Religion / Re: Teaching Kids
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:18:40 pm »
Still, I wouldn't've minded if my parents told me I had a choice. >.>
Well, I know where you're coming from, but it's not like they told you you didn't is it? I know that's kind of a poor argument, but still.
It depends on the family I suppose. It's an argument but what if your parents force you to go to church for example? Force you to fast, to be present in specific rituals and so on. I'm not talking about you being grown up but you being a kid. I believe that many people become atheists cos of the traumatic experiences they had when they were kids. Personally I remember I was always scared of churches, needless to say about the orthodox priests (spooky appearance).

As it concerns now the OP, I will let them decide what is best of them. Brainwashing in such young ages can be proved very harmful later on. For those who asked what if the kid decides to follow a religion, I will just be fine with that since my kid consciously will make this decision.

Philosophy / Re: Complexity of Intelligent Life
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:51:27 pm »
Our brains are orchestrated so we can directly interact with the universe. If the universe functioned under different laws, but our brains remained unchanged, our ability to interact with it would be diminished.
Your second sentence is not an hypothesis, it's a fact. How we humans can say that they are harmonized with the universe while most of them deny the existence of other intelligent life forms? Human nature selfishness or advanced programming? I go for the second.

Philosophy / Re: Utopia
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:39:50 pm »
Utopia is a state of mind, it has no place in a dynamic universe in where duality exists. Humans want a perfect world but expecting "others" to change it for them. Be the change you want to see in the world. It won't be perfect but definitely it will be better than it is nowadays. On the other hand, if this current "suffering" ends, a new one will pop up to rattle our cages.

Philosophy / Re: Is the journey more important than the destination?
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:32:01 pm »
I agree and disagree at the same time. Some people focus only on the path, some others only on the destination, the point is to find the balance. When your destination seems far away and you find obstacles in your way preventing you for coming closer, just let it flow and don't push things. Your subconsciousness is already programmed in that way so as you to achieve your goal.

Philosophy / Re: what do you want/wanted to be when you were young?
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:29:07 pm »
Well well well.... my case may be similar to other people here. Most of the classes at school were indifferent to me, thus I always had good grades. I was enjoying though more the theosophical class but not really as I knew that something is still "missing". My parents said that I had no idea what I want to be in my life. I proved everyone wrong when I found my path two years ago (I'm 30 now) by leaving behind the nurse path and becoming an energetic healer. Lack of information and close minded educational system (at least in Greece in where I live) didn't give me that option before. I'm glad now I found my way.

Introduce Yourself / Re: Hello & Have a great day everyone!
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:21:30 pm »
Thank you Mith and Aves for your enlightment, much appreciated. As for the deck, I enjoy mutants and parallel universe for now. I will definitely check these 2 threads, thank you both again. :)

Introduce Yourself / Hello & Have a great day everyone!
« on: August 23, 2011, 01:43:37 pm »
I have joined the last two months but never posted in the forum before. I found the game through stumbleupon toolbar and I really love it! I keep experimenting with new decks, lately I found out about the trainer which is pretty awesome since I had to reset my account a couple times. At this time I'm on level 3 opponents, trying to get more electrum to upgrade my cards. I have a question though, how do I change my avatar?  :)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
blarg: