Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - QuantumT (1836)

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153]
Crucible Archive / Re: Pact of Blood | Pact of Blood
« on: October 04, 2010, 07:40:00 pm »
As it is right now, this card is overpowered. A free extra card per turn easily outweighs the penalty of a measly 5 life a turn. The 5 life wouldn't matter to rush decks, whose only goal is to kill you faster, and control decks would have no problem offsetting the 5 life penalty.

The problem with this is that unlike hourglass, it doesn't require continuous quanta input. I can play it off of one supernova and then I never need death quanta again, where as hourglass requires continuous quanta input (and costs twice as much to play to begin with).

The ability to destroy itself pushes it even more over the top, making it so that you can use it at almost no penalty. I play it first turn, leave it for the first 4-5 turns (when card advantage is most important), then I have the choice of getting rid of it if I find the life loss inconvenient.

Here's what I recommend to make the card balanced.
1) Increase the cost to at least 3, so that it can't be played off a single supernova (I'd recommend 4)
2) Increase the life penalty to 10
3) Remove the self destruct ability

As it stands right now, I would guess that 80%+ decks would use this card, just because it's incredibly strong.

War Archive / QuantumT (Fire, Air, Aether)
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:24:49 am »
Recruit A Loyalist   
Chosen Elements (Only these 3 elements can bid on this Loyalist) :fire  :air  :aether
Forum NameQuantumT
Chat NameQuantumT
In-Game NameQuantumT
Score206004
Electrum8530
Timezone (http://whatismytimezone.com/) (GMT)GMT -8
Usually Online (GMT)Generally in the evening. I can be available most times though
Preferred roles
1stStrategist
2ndDeckbuilder
3rdLieutenant
Non-Upgraded cards
:aether Aether        all
:air Air                     all
:darkness Darknessall
:death Death           all
:earth Earth             all
:entropy Entropy      all
:fire Fire                    all
:gravity Gravity         all
:life Life                     all
:light Light                all
:time Time                 all
:water Water            all
     Other                   all
Upgraded cards       
:aether Aether        41
:air Air                     14
:darkness Darkness29
:death Death           33
:earth Earth             36
:entropy Entropy      17
:fire Fire                    53
:gravity Gravity         17
:life Life                     11
:light Light                 27
:time Time                 13
:water Water            21
     Other                   27
Non-Upgraded Rares
:entropy Discord      12
:death Arsenic          9
:gravity Titan            9
:earth Pulverizer       10
:life Druidic Staff        20
:fire Fahrenheit           15
:water Trident             8
:water Arctic Squid      17
:light Morning Star       18
:light Miracle                 34
:air Owl's Eye               20
:time Eternity                15
:time Pharaoh               6
:darkness Vampire Stiletto18
:aether Lobotomizer     15
Non-Upgraded Nymphs
:aether Aether        0
:air Air                     0
:darkness Darkness0
:death Death           0
:earth Earth             0
:entropy Entropy      0
:fire Fire                    0
:gravity Gravity         0
:life Life                     0
:light Light                 0
:time Time                 0
:water Water            0
Why I would make a good War team member                                                         
I'm decent at deck building and strategy, I like to play, and I'm a fairly good PvP player .

Rainbow Decks / Re: DEMA: Destroy 'EM All! V2.1
« on: September 22, 2010, 09:33:42 pm »
For those of you in the top 50, one tweak I thought of to make the deck a bit more competitive when played by the AI is to switch out the ball lightnings for photons. You lose the potential burst damage of the ball lightning, but using photons instead means the AI won't use up its cremation fodder when it should be holding on to it.

Forum Archive / A completely different god deck!!
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:09 pm »

About Gemini:

If I have fahrenheit in my hand, I play it immediately. Gemini normally won't start chaining shields for awhile, and in the meantime you do more than ~25 damage, or the damage one play of fahrenheit would do at the end. I've gotten Gemini down to 120 health before with it (it played a shield at 170 health, but that ran out and it didn't draw another for awhile).
After some more testing, I have found this to generally be the correct course of action, at least if you start with the fahrenheit.

Main post edited.

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:08 pm »

I'm testing out a new version that replaces 1 fire tower for 1 explosion and so far it's going really well. I'll post the results once I reach 100 games.

You can get around jade/reflecting shield by aiming at yourself if you have a jade/reflecting shield. All three combinations work.

Note: Testing a version with 1 explosion in place of a fire tower. It seems to be going a bit better (~80% after 50 games). I'll post the results when i get to 100 matches. However, that is the deck I would recommend currently.

Mark is LIGHT

I was getting tired of using rainbow on false gods so I decided to try and build a different deck that was still moderately successful. Here are the statistics so far:

GodWinsLossesWin %age
Chaos Lord4640
Fire Queen7187.5
Gemini50100
Graviton7463.64
Hermes6366.67
Incarnate8466.67
Miracle8280
Morte060
Rainbow4357.14
Scorpio5645.45
Seism10190.91
Total643664
I'm not claiming that this is better than rainbow, although it might be faster in real life time.

Some general playing tips:

Try and hold out as long as possible at the beginning without playing sundials, as you'll need them to live later. A decent guideline is start playing them if you'll go below 70 hp if you don't play one. There are better strategies for each god below.

It's also good to keep track of how many sundials you've played so you know how many are left. You usually want to use as many turns as possible to build up quantum.

Here's how much it takes to deal 200 damage to the gods with the lances:

4 Fire Lances 172 quantum
5 Fire Lances 131 quantum
6 Fire Lances 110 quantum

The deck works ok without all the cards upped, the upped sundials are required however.

Some tips against each god:
Play sundials with 70 hp cutoff unless otherwise noted.

Chaos Lord: Drop fahrenheit as soon as possible. If he drops discord early just quit but otherwise keep going.

Fire Queen: Fahrenheit will only be useful for final blow, so don't worry too much if you get it late. Make sure to play your reflective shield once she gets the fireflies going.

Gemini: Play your fahrenheit as soon as possible.

Graviton: Don't play fahrenheit immediately. Wait a couple turns because graviton will usually use his explosions on your pillars instead.

Sundials below 80 if he plays Titan, 70 otherwise.

Hermes: Same as Graviton for fahrenheit. Make sure to put up shield if he starts building up fire quantum.

Incarnate: Play fahrenheit asap.

Sundials below 50. Vampire Dagger is weak.

Miracle: This is the biggest reason to have reflective shield in the deck. If he puts up his jade shield you're finished without it. To get around jade shield, just play reflective shield and aim the lances at yourself instead (it works, trust me).

Sundials below 80 if he plays Morning Glory, 60 otherwise.

Morte: Plays similar to Incarnate unless he drops arsenic. If he drops it early, just quit. I've beaten him before, just not after I started collecting stats.

Rainbow: For some reason he tends to hold on to his explosions sometimes, so you can play fahrenheit or not.

Scorpio: For him, you'll want to drop sundials every time you have 2 white quantum so you can draw more cards. An early fahrenheit is almost required to win. If he plays physalias early, kill them with lances to stop poison build up. If he drops arsenic early, just quit.

Seism: Play your towers one at a time until you see that he has no more quicksand (when he has 2 earth at the end of his turn and doesn't destroy your land). An early fahrenheit is really nice here too.

Let me know what you think.

Forum Archive / Top 50 Decks that really can Help you.
« on: December 15, 2009, 04:10:03 pm »

A current list as far as I can tell is and typical conditions for farm deck:

turin
tttt (31 card deck)
krog
quantumt (usually wind mark)
eran
mightyhat
foyle

Dude - something went wrong here. You are listed once in the weekly Top50. Currently this is your speed fire deck. Just to let you know.

eran has two entries in the Top50. One might be a farm deck but the other is definitely some custom-built rainbow-deck.
My deck won't always be a farm (I play sometimes too) but when it is I will change the mark to wind, hence the post. If the mark is something else, it probably just means I don't have a farm up at the time.

A current list as far as I can tell is and typical conditions for farm deck:

turin
tttt (31 card deck)
krog
quantumt (usually wind mark)
eran
mightyhat
foyle

Sorry if I'm missing/forgetting anyone. We should try to keep this list current.

I guess I'll switch out the shards for titans then.

Yes it is.

Does having in the shards slow down the farming, or do people want them?

So I will have a rare farm up at times. When I do the mark will be wind. This is the current one I have up.

4x Shard of Divinity
4x Discord
6x Pulverizer
6x Eternity
4x Arctic Octopus
6x Trident

I can't put in Lobotomizers because I only have one at the moment. I could swap out the arctic octopus for anything besides that or shard of gratitude. Let me know if something else would be more helpful.

Edit: I would look at my deck even if mark isn't wind, sometimes I forget to change it.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153]
blarg: