Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - PhantomFox (648)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]
Competitions / Re: Poll: Best Card Idea
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:17:56 pm »
Woah there buddy boy. Are you saying that if I waste a gravity quantum on that card, using my Otuygh, it won't work?
Thats a bit too oped in my opinion.
Well, the Kitsune would be removed from the field, but wouldn't be destroyed (as it returns to your deck).  And it's not a copy of a strong creature like Twin Universe, but it LOOKS like one at first glance.  It's a minor threat that disguises itself as a stronger one.

Not that it matters, it seems no one likes it enough to vote for it.  And I thought I had something with this too...
 :'(

« on: January 24, 2010, 07:47:45 pm »
Righto.  I believe that my idea (Kitsune Trickster) is one of the more innovative ideas out there, as it will give the game an extra dimension of Mind Games to play.  Currently there isn't much 'trickery' to play on your opponents.  All the remains unknown is your foe's hand, and even that won't last long with precognition.  So to keep your opponent guessing, more 'tricks' are needed.  And who is more cunning than a fox? 

The purpose of this card is to get your foe to waste valuable creature control on a seemingly powerful creature only to find their effort wasted on a ruse.  This is useful as a distraction while you get another card set up.  Need to get your lava golem powered up, but don't want it to be Otyugh chow right away?  Play the kitsune and have your opponent panic trying to get rid of the 'dragon' that just appeared. 

As a bonus, the card is not destroyed upon death, but 'escapes' as a sort of emergency Reverse Time on itself to put itself back in your deck.  Note that this doesn't count as a 'death' and therefore won't give any death-bonuses to Otyughs, Vultures, or Bone Walls.  And since it's not destroyed, your opponent won't know when it'll return, or what as.  Play the kitsune and another powerful cards and try to have them guess which one is real!  As a side benefit, you could also prevent decking out by killing it yourself repeatedly, in the same fashion as Eternity is used. 

So in short, this card would be useful, make the meta-game more interesting, and let all the pranksters have some fun!

« on: January 24, 2010, 07:31:01 pm »
Are we allowed to campaign for our own cards?

Competitions / Re: Competition: Best Card Idea
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:11:38 am »
Hmm, I'm just hoping I get points for sheer innovation.  But yeah, that's not bad at all, and easy to do.  It's sort of a creature version of Flying Weapon

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.17
« on: January 16, 2010, 04:46:03 am »
I dunno, Quintessence is kinda getting out of hand.  Or maybe it's just me...

« on: January 14, 2010, 09:07:14 pm »
I'd say the top of your deck, but that can be adjusted if necessary. 

« on: January 14, 2010, 07:54:45 pm »
'about to be killed' means exactly what it says.  That is, if any effect would 'kill' it.  That is, if their HP reaches 0, are targeted by devour or paradox, or anything else that would otherwise put the card Out Of Play.  Then the 'escape' effect triggers on that condition and the Kitsune plays Rewind on itself.  The escape clause fits the nature of the card, and the specific nature of the escape prevents from any death-based loop abuses.  That is, you can't infinitely feed an Otyugh with this, or use it to grow a bone wall or vulture to massive proportions, since Rewind doesn't count as a 'death'.

Though I suppose one could use this to prevent being decked out instead of using Eternity...

Card Ideas and Art / Re: How about some Trickster cards?
« on: January 14, 2010, 05:26:07 pm »
Okay then, I had considered that.  So the best solution for stability would be to make it only self-targetable.  Or make the cost insanely high, but I prefer the former solution over the latter.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: How about some Trickster cards?
« on: January 14, 2010, 04:03:58 pm »
Came up with one more 'trickster' card and a couple other ideas.

Delusions of grandeur - 3 Light
Give one creature +2/+2 and the rest of your creatures the appearance of the same buff.

Other random ideas:

Stability - 3 Earth
Target player has all their quanta evenly redistributed among all elements.

Spectre - 4 Death
Target Creature will survive one turn after reaching 0 HP.

Dense Forest  (Perm) - 5 Life
Hide: (2 life) May make any one creature (at a time) immune to attacks but also unable to attack

« on: January 14, 2010, 12:43:25 am »
Artwork by vrt, so props to him

This is the first in a set of 'Trickster' cards designed to mess with the mind.  The element is Entropy since it's chaos based and what else is better suited for deception?

Mechanically a bit tricky (what else would it be?) but could be done by tweaking some of the existing mechanics.  In essence, it comes into play like a normal creature, but it's appearance is decided upon playing the card.  Fate Egg comes into mind for a similar mechanic, although this will just decide the card's appearance, but not it's mechanics.  The tricky part will an optional part: Fooling the AI into thinking it's what it seems.

When about to be killed, it will 'escape', which acts like an emergency Rewind on itself. (may cost quanta to perform, if deemed necessary)  This does not trigger any death based bonuses to skills such as Devour, Bone Wall, or Scavenger. 

The Trickster's function is to get your opponent to waste cards trying to get rid of him, thinking he's a threat.  The pool of creatures it can appear as could be modified to be all the 'dangerous' ones in order to facilitate this.  And since it escapes, one can never be sure it won't show up again...  of course, you could carefully watch the quanta spent when it's played, but can you be vigilant against deception every turn?

When upgraded, mana cost drops to 3 and and all 'disguises', so to speak, are elite creatures instead of normal ones.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Saved deck configurations
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:03:47 pm »
I didn't see this when I searched for it, but if there's ONE thing that's needed, it's the ability to save a deck configuration and swap them out on the fly.  It would eat up a lot of data, but it'd be VERY useful.

Card Ideas and Art / How about some Trickster cards?
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:17:19 pm »
I was wondering if it would be possible to come up with 'trickster' cards.  Cards that fooled with people's mind or perception.  I'm not sure how many of these are technically possible though.  For example...

Darkness: Cloak of Shadow - X darkness

The next Y creatures to be played by the owner will be cloaked.  Cloaked cards' identity, power, health, and abilities can not be viewed by the opponent for Z turns.

Or...

Fire: Mirage - X Fire

Sacrifice a creature to create two exact copies of it: one real and one illusion.  The illusion card appears to be the same as the real one, but is in reality a 0/1 creature with no abilities.

Entropy: Kitsune Trickster - X Entropy
1/4
The Kitsune comes into play disguised as a random (but often powerful) creature from the element of your mark.  When killed, the Kitsune instead escapes back into your hand.

Death: Living bomb - X Death
Play on a creature. When killed, that creature will explode causing Y unblockable damage to your opponent.  (Buff might be invisible to opponent)

I might come up with a few later, and the other ideas I had didn't really fit this theme of deception.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]
blarg: