Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Lanidrak (474)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]
Card Ideas and Art / Re: Lanidrak's Card Suggestions/Improvements
« on: January 14, 2010, 09:35:36 pm »
Hehe, what can I say MtG rocked... Especially back in the Shandalar days!

As for the new interface layer for CoP... I think it would be more or less simple?

Cast Card
Quanta is removed
new screen pops up covering 80% of your half of the game board
"Cancel casting of CoP" as a button in bottom middle.
The 12 Quanta's as selections in the majority of the new interface.
Click Cancel: Quanta is returned, Card is returned.
Select a Quanta: game adds relevant CoP card to your Permanent panel.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: My Card ideas
« on: January 14, 2010, 09:22:49 pm »
Way too overpowered.

Although I agree that a Graveyard would benefit this game enormously - it could just work like another Deck which if you click on it, it shows the cards it has in it (with no roll-over for full card display, since if the card has been in the game and died, you should know what it does/or did).

But yeah, as nice and as much as I'd love a way to completely mess up a false god, these cards simply need a lot of balancing. I still think Immortality should be immune to these effects but oh well :).

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Killer Bees!
« on: January 14, 2010, 09:15:37 pm »
Very nice and well thought out idea!

Only potential downside I can see is the sheer amount of coding, artwork, implementation and testing that would have to be done to make this idea a reality!

11/10 for an idea!
3/10 for practicality!

Regardless, I love it... and as you say, the game needs more insects!

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Lanidrak's Card Suggestions/Improvements
« on: January 14, 2010, 09:11:23 pm »
I guess my version of Steal could use some re-thinking. To me it just seemed a little unfair how for 1 Fire you can destroy any Permanent in the game or for 1 Darkness you could make it your own. I'll think of a way of making Steal work.

Please see the comments, I've heavily edited my first post in regard to your input, Bobcamel.

Anyone else with some constructive feedback is more than welcome!

Card Ideas and Art / Lanidrak's Card Suggestions/Improvements
« on: January 14, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »

So, here goes. Happy Reading!

[Invisibility] - Spell
Cost: 1 Aether (or Light, or Water, not sure which is best!)
Ability: Target creature cannot be targeted by the opponent.
*NERF: Invisible Creatures only do half damage.
**NERF: If an Invisible Creature uses his ability, he loses the invisible status.
***Can be removed by Flash of Light
****The reason for this card is simple. You are drawing cards and coming close to throwing stuff away but the opponent as some serious anti-creature control on the table. This gives you the option of playing your creature and then defending it from any sort of malicious poison/devour/firebolts/lightnings etc while you wait for a card that can remedy your situation.

[Flash of Light]  - Spell
Cost: Two Light Quanta
Ability: No creatures can attack for 1 turn
*In order to give sundial back it's rightful place as a 2 turn-stalling card, however, it (Sundial) might need to have an increased cost of Time Quanta.
**Removes Invisibility from all creatures in play.
***@ Bobcamel: I was thinking that you cast the spell, and then as soon as it is cast the code does something like checkInvisbility... removeInvisibility... then as for the stopping attacks, maybe make it work like sundial? Is sundial a permanent or a spell? Not sure on how coding works (as you can tell, hopefully that answers your question)

[Espionage] - Spell
Cost: 3 Darkness - 5 Darkness Upgraded
Ability: Reveal the next 3 cards that you/or your opponent will draw.
Upgraded: Reveal the next 5 cards that you will draw, pick one and put it in your hand.
*Instead of relying on the blind luck of Hourglasses and Sundials, this will at least let you know when to cast extra card-drawing spells. When upgraded it gives you even more flexibility in playing strategically - especially when decking out is becoming a possibility.
**I am aware that a new layer of interface will be required for a spell like this, although I am sure it will not be too intensive/complicated to implement.

Permanents
[Sphere of Warding: Quanta Type] - Permanent for 4 Turns
Cost: 8 Random Quanta
Ability: Stops all damage from 'Quanta Type' getting through to you or your creatures.
*eg, Circle of Protection: Fire, means that Fahrenheit, Firebolt, Deflagration, all do nothing. The card would have to be stolen or destroyed by means other than fire.
**@ Bobcamel: Maybe, when the card is played the player is given a choice of picking 1 of the 12 quanta types he wants immunity from. See 3rd Note on Espionage.
***@YoYoBro: Name changed, less magicky.

Creatures
[Skeleton Captain]
Cost: 3 Death
Stats: 6/4
Ability: All Skeletons in play get +1/+0
*Stacks with other Skeleton Captains
**Stacks with x1 Nightfall or Eclipse.
***The reason behind this card is to simply give a bit more necromantic power to Death.

In-game Troubleshooting / Re: Where to report cheating?
« on: January 12, 2010, 01:06:05 am »
Sorry to bump an old(-ish) thread.

First, hi, Lanidrak here. Player from the UK.

I'm aware of all the bugs etc withing PvP at the moment, but I'd like just to mention something that happened to me a minute ago.

Played a PvP against a guy who I will leave un-named for now, don't want to "turn people" against him as mentioned before.

His score was ridiculously low, -350s, and he had played a relatively low number of games. So immediately I was a little suspicious, since if I lost I would lose 80 Electrum and lots of score.

I won the coin toss. He/She disconnected on first turn and when the AI took over, his deck was insanely good, it was over so quickly that I didn't have the sense to take a screenshot .

Now, it might just be that my Death/Mark of Water Poison 30 card deck is susceptible to forest spirits, cockatrices and adrenaline spam.

Just thought I would mention it, since his score was so low it is an unfair measure of how much score/electrum is lost if you lose. Especially if hackers can somehow influence their score (farfetched I know)

So, that's all, just thought I'd mention it, incase anyone else has had something similar done to them. Losing 100 score and 80 electrum hurts, especially if you think some foul-play has been committed!

Happy deck-building and PvPing!

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]
blarg: