Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - K667 (8)

Pages: [1]
General Discussion / Re: PVP quitting etiquette
« on: May 09, 2010, 10:10:50 am »
Should it be considered poor PvP etiquette if, on their last turn, somone plays their first damage dealer? This in effect "denies" the opposing player elemental mastery and quite a few electrum. Sure, many people might not be thinking about it in those terms, but I've always held back from destroying EM when I know I cannot win. I see this a lot when I use rush decks and it always feels like the ultimate in sour grapes to me, regardless if the opponent was aware of what s/he was doing.
This and the disconnecting people are the main reasons I hate to play PVP in this game. It's really lame and really unfair for all those players who want to play a normal fair game to the end.
It's also part of the nature of the game though. It's often very easy to determine who the winner will be early on, especially since PVP is mostly rush decks so mostly damage racing.

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: AI improvements
« on: April 30, 2010, 04:44:17 pm »
^That sounds like a pretty funny tactic vs. Octane.
I notice how even with Rewinding his own creatures, Osiris still decks out very often. I never beat him any other way.
Also it's true that beating FGs is not fun anymore, but that has been the case ever since they increased the price for pretty much the only good FG beating cards (Sundial, Oty, Eternity, Bond, Hourglass)

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: Elements 1.21
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:49:19 pm »
It's not the only FG deck, but the only one that can win against the FGs consistently. The forum you linked contains decks that are extremely outdated (some are even v1.14) and just decks that don't really beat a lot of gods. I haven't tested all of them, currently I'm running my own build, but most of the decks without strong draw or heal are very inconsistent against FGs.

« on: April 11, 2010, 06:32:35 pm »
Congratulations on replacing fun-factor of the game w/ more frustration in v1.21.

I think I'm done, after reaching 106k+ score....it's now lost it's appeal.  Time to reset and leave.  It's been a fun 6 months, but the consistent increase in difficulty just doesn't make sense.  We were already losing to FG's regularly...why increase the cost of so many cards that even gave us a chance? 

Sorry, rhetorical questions I don't want or expect an answer.

Goodbye

-E
So, instead of trying new strategies, like Hope/RoL/Fractal or whatnot, you just quit... hmm, that's nice.
The problem is not that you're losing too much is that having to use the same old FG grinder over and over and over again was too boring. Now, you have another option, which can, in the hands of a good player, experienced with that type of deck, reach over 50% winning percentage. It's not like you can't change farming decks... *sigh*
Well, why not get your head out of the ground and look around for yourself? The only deck only close to being able to beating FGs consistently is the very Rainbow deck that has been nerfed so much. I agree with E up here, this game is less fun now.

Trio & Quartet / Re: healing earth(unupped)
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:27:20 pm »
I wouldn't say it sucks, there's just no reason for it to be 40 cards since stalling actually kills your creatures because your opponent will have more dmg output the longer the game takes.
So cut it down to 30 cards by removing 1 of each and 2 pillars of each I suppose.

Rainbow Decks / Re: Order in the Court!
« on: April 08, 2010, 04:15:00 pm »
I played it a few times and it was quite strong in T50, one of the better ones I faced actually. Good job with it, I'm gonna farm some 6x Animate Weapons and then see what I can make of that very interesting deck type.

Forum Archive / Re: The Top50 Farming Challenge
« on: April 08, 2010, 09:51:26 am »
My Devourer/Quicksand quantum denial has been fragging some top50 the past few days. I might post some stats later.

« on: March 31, 2010, 09:52:39 am »
First post, and here we go.

First of all I'd like to thank the developer for the anti-mulligan block, although it makes Supernova variants of Rainbow that much harder to set up, it's a good idea.
Second, I'll be cliche'd by saying that the nerfing of most of the key cards for FG killing was a terribad idea.
Let's say that with the old set, an average FG farming deck had about 60% win percentage. I thought this was pretty bad to begin with, since I found myself often scooping on the 3d or 4th turn against the harder gods which shouldn't be necessary in a decent card game (I've played Magic, Pokemon and YuGiOh as well...).

Basically, every solid and consistent (upgraded) deck needs to be able to stand a chance and win. FGs advantages makes this very unlikely. You need some sort of drawpower to keep up with his 2x swarm ability, some sort of healing for his 200 vs your 100 HP, and a LOT of quantums to keep up with a 3x mark and 100% upped towers. From these stats ALONE, one can already conclude that a Rainbow deck is pretty much the necessary way to face these guys, assisted by Hourglasses and Eternity to help against the massive deck size they can have. This leaves many, possibly competitive decks out of the question. Especially consistency.

But why nerf the only 2 good cards that made me stand a chance against FGs? Ever since Hourglass and Eternity were nerfed, this game has been less fun for me. I never liked playing FGs in the first place, in the way that I did not find them "challenging", the only word that came to mind was "unfair". Sure, it's nice when I manage to beat them, but that's only because I could gain field control on the first few turns. Basically, no deck can consistently do this since you need too many forms of control against all the cards the FG plays.

Aka there is no way to fight these guys skillfully. Therefore this game has lost my interest and without a doubt the interest of many other people. I might still play PVP and AI3 because those are actually fun to face.

Pages: [1]
anything
blarg: