Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Hobnob5000 (620)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52
League Archive / Re: Championship League 2/2011
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:33:03 pm »
Hobnob5000: 1
bucky1andonly: 0

We never finished due to persistent timeouts, I personally believe there was no way he could have won, but obviously I cannot be sure, and I do not know every card in his deck. I assume we will have to finish these games at a later date

--EDIT--

Bucky has decided to let me have the win due to problems with his internet (how lovely of him :) )

LO Comment: Match accepted into standings because Bucky forfeited 1-0, but please do not post incomplete matches in the future. Wait until someone has two wins before posting the results.

« on: April 18, 2011, 05:10:31 pm »

Forum Archive / Re: Join as a Mentor
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:52:00 pm »
Hope I'm not too late to sign up as a mentor :)

Often online during time slot 5 or 6

« on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:36 am »

« on: April 18, 2011, 09:51:07 am »

« on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:41 am »
Righty-ho, I'll be in this then. Anyone who wants to challenge me, when I'm playing I'm usually in chat so send me a message over that. If you're dying to face specifically me, then PM me.

---EDIT---

Hobnob5000: 2
DrunkDestroyer: 0

Wow I am horribly confuzzled, is this happening or is this an Aprilsauce fool joke

April Fools Joke my friend. I love the number of people who fell for it.

I still think last year's "Magic: The Elements" was the best one though, that was hilarious... *Nostalgias*

Deck looks good, but after testing myself, I'm starting to wonder whether I'm doing something wrong.

After playing a total of 50 games in the trainer, I found that only in 6 of them did I ever get both the Scorpion and the Chaos Power quick enough. Only having 3 of each of them often makes it VERY difficult to draw them both within time.
During the time I'm waiting, I find I cannot generate significant quanta to run the Antimatters (if I ever even draw them) or the Pandemoniums. The Butterfly Effects basically never even get seen in my games, and the Turtle shield can only do so much.

Basically, if all of the Scorpions or Chaos Powers are in the lower half of the deck, you're screwed over as far as I can see. Any suggestions?
The basic strategy is to stall until you can get the first Neurotoxin hit in, then keep stalling and Rewinding the opposition until you win.

Good timing on the SoG drops are essential, as is knowing which of your permanents are to be "protected" by higher-PC-priority permanents.
I gather that, but there's only so much you can do when there are only 6 creature control cards that can be used (Seeing as only 1 Eternity can be out at once) and Pandemonium rarely ends up killing anything I find, so you're left with antimatter, which is expensive and not always effective.
I'll do some more testing, but as of now I'm not thoroughly convinced.

Deck looks good, but after testing myself, I'm starting to wonder whether I'm doing something wrong.

After playing a total of 50 games in the trainer, I found that only in 6 of them did I ever get both the Scorpion and the Chaos Power quick enough. Only having 3 of each of them often makes it VERY difficult to draw them both within time.
During the time I'm waiting, I find I cannot generate significant quanta to run the Antimatters (if I ever even draw them) or the Pandemoniums. The Butterfly Effects basically never even get seen in my games, and the Turtle shield can only do so much.

Basically, if all of the Scorpions or Chaos Powers are in the lower half of the deck, you're screwed over as far as I can see. Any suggestions?

Trial of Light / Re: Phase 3 - Battles
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:37:43 pm »
Give implosion all the points, I'm going to be inactive for a few days and can't really play. Sorry guys.

League Archive / Re: Championship League 3/2010
« on: August 20, 2010, 07:13:37 pm »
I'll join

Ign + Forum + Chat name: Hobnob5000

Score: Around 35000

Light / Re: Hobnob5000's AI5 killer!
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:46:48 am »
gaaah!!! dusk mantle!!!!this deck has too much weaknesses. especially non-upgraded.
Dusk Mantle does NOT kill this deck, it simply slows it. Remember you can hold out with Miracles often.

As for Gravity Shield, that does kinda kill this deck, but every deck had a counter, and not that many decks use gravity shield. Also, it's intended for upgraded remember, I didn't test it non-upgraded.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52
anything
blarg: Hobnob5000,bucky1andonly,tttt,xn0ize,catalyzeme,DrunkDestroyer