Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - CB! (624)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52
Religion / Favorite Christian Musicians
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:16 pm »

Here's a few:

John Mark McMillan
Hillsong & Hillsong United
Charlie Hall
Brad Kilman
Skillet (has a worship album that's amazing)
Delirious?
Matt Redman

Btw, I hadn't heard of Kari Jobe until now.  Thanks :)

Religion / Does God Exist?
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:16 pm »

Firefox is free!
Wtf?! I want my 50 bucks back!
Ha... that made me laugh...

General Discussion / Top50 down?
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

That happens to me too, sometimes.  Not 20 times, but a few.  Just keep trying, I guess.

General Discussion / I think upgrade prices are too...

The fact that we still have some of the veteran players with the lack of content proves this point.
Lol, your logic is truly amazing. So if "some" of the players stay, Elements is a huge success and nothing should be changed? You have any idea how many players have quit this game in the last month? Some of those players might have stayed if trying a deck with upgraded cards didn't involve grinding for 10 hours.
I never stated that Elements was a huge success and that nothing should be changed.  If you go back and read what I DID say, I was making the point that 'boring' grinding to you can be 'fun' for another player.  Of course Elements has room for improvement, as does just about every other game out there.  But that doesn't change the fact that people like cisco have played the game for as long as they have.  And this isn't about trying a new deck without 10 hours of grinding because the trainer (and better yet, Chriskang's trainer) will let you do that.

Btw.. any chance of you stopping this crying about me and what I have said? Stay on topic, dumbass.
Yeah, that's about the response I expected.  It's funny, when somebody tells you to stay on topic, you tell them to quit being the forum police and claim that sometimes discussions go off topic.  But if I take a post that you made and contrast it with another post you made, you resort to name calling and tell me to stay on topic.

Just trying to keep things on point.
But, more on topic, what does everyone think would be the best way to balance ypgrades? And who actually likes the across the board same proces for every upgrade that we have right now?
I like EH's idea on them costing 10-15 what the unupgraded card costs.  I also think I like the idea of a card being able to be upgraded more than once.

Is it possible to have a CCG without some level of grind?  I agree with zakal's take on grinding.  If 'boring' is part of the definition of grinding, then it is entirely possible that some people don't mind grinding for money in Elements.  What's 'boring' to you can be enjoyable to someone else.  The fact that we still have some of the veteran players with the lack of content proves this point.  If you want to play the game without grinding, play the trainer.

Of topic:

This
I see these "omg delete this topic!", "this is off-topic!" and "Waah! Scaredgirl said this.. waah waah!" as a type a psychological defense mechanism. When a person has nothing more intelligent to say. That's generally something like wanting to somehow to stop the other guy from posting (like locking the thread or banning the person) or personal attacks. I've seen plenty of these two strategies here. The reason for this is that many online gamers have a really bad self-esteem. They get dominated in real life and when they come here, they feel like they can anonymously have their revenge. Their egos are very fragile and "losing" an argument is never an option to them.
And this
Quote from: Scaredgirl
Yep. This thread is a disgrace and sadly tells a lot about our community.

It started of as a useless thread, evolved into OP talking about his hurt feelings, and eventually turned into drama when kids couldn't handle feedback.

Forget locking, delete this crap.

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:14 pm »

Absolute card balance should be the ultimate goal. Knowingly making overpowered cards serves no purpose no matter how you try to spin it.
That's irrelevant and off-topic. This thread has nothing to do with card power, only the cost of upgraded cards and grinding.
lol....boy, you're asking for it, aren't you?

General Discussion / Unluckiest match ever!!!
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:14 pm »

Not that it'd be worth adding the card for this scenario, but a rewind in your deck would solve this problem.

General Discussion / Open Source?
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:07 pm »

Think Zanz would ever consider open sourcing the game?  or do you think this would even be a good idea?

General Discussion / Best rare win story
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:03 pm »

It's called Electrum, and congratz! :o
Yeah, electrum... that's what I meant.... :)

Today's your lucky day :)
Level 1 deck is composed of about 13/14 pillars of various types and 47/48 other cards chosen randomly between all non upgraded cards (including rares).
So basically, the chances for a pulv to be in this deck are about 35%.
Then, as it is a very mixed build, your chances to win something during the (unique) spin must be somewhere near 10%
And the chances for this card to be a pulv (and not another one from its deck) are clearly far below 1%.

Do the math, you've seen something that happens far less than 1 time out of 3000.
This is your very lucky day.
Where did you find the level 1 deck build information?  Just curious.... and I guess I should've bought a lottery ticket, too....

I was grinding the fake gods to upgrade my last tower for my darkness deck.  I had like 1502 quanta and decided to upgrade then play level 1 and 2 to get the cash to start grinding the fake gods again.  After the upgrade, I took my measly 2 quanta and started a level 1 match.  The win was easy, obviously.  But then came 1 spinner roll: Pulverizer, Pulverizer, PULVERIZER.... off of a lvl 1.... woot....

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52
anything
blarg: