Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Brad1715 (5)

Pages: [1]
Gravity / Re: Acceleration
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:02:43 am »
There are abilities that are inherent to each element; and that identify those elements. In each case there is a "potion" card within that element which works as a creature enchantment to endow that ability. This is the main difference between an element's inherent ability and a creature which shares some qualities of another element. Yes, Anubis has the ability to make other creature immortal, but immortality is an Aether skill, not a Time skill; logically Aether is the controlling element with the card Quintessence that can render anything immortal regardless of its element.

Consider:

Life: Adrenaline (Green Nymph)
Gravity: Momentum (Charger)
Earth: Basilisk Blood (Auburn Nymph)
Darkness: Liquid Shadow (Vampire, Dagger, Black Nymph)
Light: Luciferin (Ray of Light, Hope, White Nymph)

What if a new card were invented that enabled a creature to put another creature in a Time Bubble? Clearly that card should be Time-based ... not Life-based for example.

Fire is the element of gradual growth. Cards like Lava Golem, Fire Spirit, Fireeater, Rage Potion, Red Nymph all attest to this fact. Now a growth enchantment is invented for a non-Fire element ... it just seems wrong to me. I don't think the card is unbalanced -- I just think that thematically Gravity is the wrong element. Yes, independently it makes sense for this TYPE of ability to exist for Gravity since "Acceleration" is a Gravity-like concept. And it's certainly USEFUL given the makeup of Gravity creatures (heavy and slow). Nonetheless in the current context of the game this card takes away some of the "culture" of Fire and re-assigns it ... and I'm not a fan of that.
To me, fire is all about destroying anything in its path with no regard for safety, even its shield is meant for offense. Growth abilities do not inherently belong to and define fire, life and gravity already had them in the first place.

What about death/water both having poison? And about half of all elements have some form or other of healing. Even your example, basilik blood puts the creature in a time bubble, yet it is not based on time. Its these things about how elements work together in conjunction that makes this game so interesting.

@Marvaddin
I'm guessing that it would attack as 11/0 then die, like sparks do. But that's assuming that the +4|-2 gets applied at the end of your turn as you attack, haven't tested it yet.

Deck Help / Re: Requesting input on a Rainbow Rush pvp deck
« on: December 31, 2010, 05:58:41 am »
Good idea with the Deflagrations, noticed an instant improvement. Dropped a Black Hole, Steel Golem, Phoenix, and a Pillar for 2 Deflagrations and 2 Graboids.

Deck Help / Re: Requesting input on a Rainbow Rush pvp deck
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:40:42 pm »
It would be very unlikely to draw all 4 before the match is over with this deck, and the reason for so many is because it is a key point in my strategy. At most, I would take one out. Right now, since it's not finished, my deck has 3 Black Holes, and I can almost always afford to use it by turn 3 or 4 at least, but I don't always have it in my hand.

Rewind could be useful, but I'm not sure whether or not it would be better to focus on slowing the enemy down with it or speeding myself up with a Precognition. I tried Sundials, but all they usually did was to give the opponent more time.

As for the Pegasus, it would be nice to fit some light in there somehow, but the Pegasus needs to use it's special to be worthwhile IMO, and all the air quanta is reserved for defense.

EDIT: I tried switching out the the pillars for Precognitions. All it did was basically reduce the size of my deck and make it much more dependent on the Supernovas and getting those first 2 entropy quanta. The first test was against an AI3 darkness deck which put out a devourer before I got my second entropy quanta - game over.

Deck Help / Requesting input on a Rainbow Rush pvp deck
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:11:07 pm »
Code: [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 713 713 74f 74f 74f 77g 77g 7ae 7ae 7dm 7dm 7ds 7gm 7n8 7n8 80g 80g
This deck is built for speed and quanta denial. I have tested it thoroughly in the trainer against T50 decks and I win around 75% of the time, even holding my own against the staple Lava Golem decks (about 50% win rate).

The strategy is to use mainly supernovas to generate quanta for cheap, effective creatures while using discord and black holes for quanta denial/healing. Upon further review, I noticed that I wasn't taking advantage of air quanta, so I added in Wings (works well with Flesh and Phase Recluse's web ability) for 5 turns of safety, which is more than enough needed to win with this deck.

Unupgraded, this deck generally loses against AI3, but with all upgraded cards, it usually wins in 6-8 turns. So it's basically an all or nothing deck. It's not quite as fast as Lava Golem Rush decks (I remember winning in 6-7 turns normally with that), but it has means of healing, quanta denial, and defense.

Any and all feedback is welcome, suggestions for card replacements, more/less pillars, anything. Thanks for reading  :D

Forum Game Archive / Re: Corrupt A Wish 2.0
« on: December 24, 2010, 05:46:21 am »
Granted, but he ate your family.

I wish for force powers

Pages: [1]
blarg: