Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Bleys295 (58)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Forge Archive / Re: Penguin | Emperor Penguin
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:52:28 pm »
This card has a great mechanic, and would be a wonderful addition to mono water. While it has fewer synergies that vulture, it's effect it more repeatable. You can only kill a creature once outside of Phoenix and (insert misspelling) Cat. Along with A Permafrost Shield and Arctic Octopus, this could really end up swinging for the fences.

Buff This Card! / Re: Shard of Patience
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:36:24 pm »
This new idea is actually wonderful. My questions are

A.) does discarding cancel the effect as well?

B.) What about the buff to flooding?

Crucible Archive / Re: Cursed Pendant | Cursed Amulet
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:10:31 pm »
This is a wonderful thematic card. It makes use of the HP saved by Dusk Mantle and Vampire to help set-up a stall.  I would love to see a series of similarly synergistic cards. Well Done!

Forge Archive / Re: Inertia | Inertia
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:05:21 pm »
Interesting to say the least, do you intend to do an ascendance series, or is this a stand-alone?

Buff This Card! / Re: Shard of Patience
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:00:42 pm »
I think that attack isn't what this shard needs. I think defense to fragile water creatures, (Squid, Mind Flayer, Chrysaora) would be an appropriate buff. I think +2/+4 would be wonderful for  :water. While the delay balances for the almost free board wide buff,  :water creatures still get the more needed boost. It would help against the currently popular shields, Spine and Flame, while also encouraging use of Gravity Shield. Really the synergies of increased defense water creatures is huge

How do you plan on changing this?

If you add buffs, then you put even more emphasis on CC cards, as plastiqe noted, because a two cards combo can be killed by a single card (thus gaining card advantage). Also, each buff should be strong enough to warrant its cost and its own weaknesses, otherwise it will only be played on creatures benefitting from buffs (Dive, Scorpions...), but if you want the buffs to be worth their price, they need to be strong buffs. Finally, you need to come up with different enough themes for each buff card that they are worth of a new card. Additionally, putting even more emphasis on creatures strengthens the power of certain stall types (e.g. Firestall, Shard of Sacrifice).

I would like to see more cards added over time that fall into the category, but that is more a community decision.

creative buffs could help get around stalls if appropriately used for  example, a buff that caused creature(s) to attack max hp instead of health, combined with a sturdy creature,  would have the possibility of breaking a stall.

Another problem with our wealth of creature control is the diminutiveness of buff cards.  Buff cards by their very nature are a two card combo and they can be dealt with at a fraction of the cost
This.

One of the largest problems that I am seeing with card selection currently is a lack of proper buff and debuffs. Currently only  :gravity :light :fire :entropy and :life have true any creature "buffs", being cards that actually increase attack. We have the alchemic spells that grant abilities and positive attributes in most cases, but the remaining elements  :aether :air :death :earth :water :time  :darkness do not have access to these. This is an issue I would like to see addressed, in hope that changes in it would cause a distinctly more varied metagame.

Design Theory / Re: Steal My Idea!
« on: December 07, 2011, 02:30:16 pm »
I would like to see a creature that synergises with Catapult a little bit better, perhaps by doing more damage than others when thrown.

I would like to see an earth shield that blocks all flying creatures for 4 turns or so

Things that effect, or are effected by flooding.

Anvil Archive / Re: Enchantress | Siren
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:18:27 pm »
This card would give  :water more of it's standard stall element, that I feel has been lost in other idea submissions. between just one of these beauties on the field and a squid or two one could easily win without playing anything more.

Aether / Re: Shard of Conscience
« on: October 12, 2011, 05:51:30 pm »
We need at least 4 or 5 "weak PC" cards. I saw many ideas even in Armory, of cards that shut down permanents for 1 or 2 turns. That is something Elements The Game needs. Also, it would make the game more strategic.
You mean like http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,30673.msg416734#msg416734
Or Vines
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18812.0.html

Buff This Card! / Re: Anubis | Elite Anubis
« on: October 12, 2011, 03:18:41 am »
By your logic then, Anubis+Quint= all creatures untagetable? Broken. Needs the stay as is.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Dimensional Eater | Phase Eater
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:58:54 am »
Would sanctuary protect against rift?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
anything
blarg: