Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Belthazar666 (449)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38
Crucible Archive / Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:52:08 am »
I don't see why you think this would replace Electrum Hourglass or make it obsolete, Spike.  I'm also not seeing how this could be used to avoid deckout. There is no guarantee that your creatures die, unless you do actually have an Owl's Eye or something similar.  I feel as if this card just doesn't work. Seems like it costs way too much, and in a duo you'll have even less Time Quanta to spare.  Perhaps it would be better to have it target creatures and send them back into the deck.

Unless there's a deck idea someone has to make me think otherwise, it just won't work once in game. It is however a great idea, just not something I think can be executed.

Splitting this into two cards might work better. Something to draw the bottom card, and as stated before, send  things to the bottom of the deck. Maybe a separate permanent that sends all killed creatures to the bottom. I get why the flooding like cost is there, since without it this would be a bit powerful in letting you do both drawing and sending back.

Decreasing the cost per turn to two, or even one, might make it more usable, removing it altogether might not even make it overly powerful, just more powerful than it is now.

EDIT: Alright, spark is a good idea for antideckout, didn't think of that. I still feel as if it isn't usable in game, though.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Time Alter/ Time Shift
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:46:42 am »
Here's an easy fix to being able to use all of your opponents creatures for nothing. Have the card do this; "For each creature you control, you swap that in place of 2 opponents creatures." This way you have to have creatures out already to use his, but it isn't just 1-1 which would make the card useless in many situations.  Now, it does what you want it to, and it also isn't overly powerful. Pharaoh can be used to generate scarabs to put on your opponents field,  skeletons to give your opponent weak creatures that are easy to get out, etc.

I think that's the best way to go about a card like this. As I said earlier, trading one card with your opponent (Especially at random) is a bit useless. Another though is Malignant cell. Use Malignant Cell on a creature you have, stall, then play this. Your opponent gets the swarm of Cells, you get their creatures. I think if there is no room on your opponents field, the creatures should die when they need to be swapped back. Not sure if that's OP, shouldn't be something you could do incredibly fast, plus they get space when your original cells are returned to your field.

Crucible Archive / Re: Slow | Delay
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:30:12 am »
Personally, I'd up the costs by one, and have it also affect creatures that have been generated. (Queen, Pharaoh, Fate Egg even.) I think 2 is just a bit too little to play a card like this, considering your deck would be designed around this to begin with, 2 just isn't significant.  This card definitely shouldn't affect both players, otherwise it doesn't do anything to benefit you in most cases. Another thing to note is that it goes well with miracle. Playing this guarantees that the opponent won't do extra damage to you. (Aside from weapons.) so you don't have to use a miracle a turn sooner to be safe, which could be a difference in many games where you actually need miracle.

Fractal will be slowed by this, but a turn really isn't anything to worry about with that many creatures on the field, plus Procrastination was already a slow down to Fractal. This with Procrastination might be enough to kill a lot of decks, creatures doing only half the damage they should be, and being slowed by a turn. Not sure if it's really OP, though, since you do need this and Procrastination, and damage yourself, as well as quanta. Just something to think about.

Trial of Time / Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:06:28 am »
OPTION I
Elements the Game
Fighting Half Bloods

Phase Back To The Silurian Age (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19215.new.html#newl)
Code: [Select]
7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80e 80e 80f 80f 80fTTW: 14.675

OPTION III
Elements Article
Article Writing

Mark:

Mark of Time

Simple skill every one of the elements has, nothing special to report.

Tier 1:

Stall

Discarding 6 less cards is always a good thing. Best thing about this is the fact that with time, you can use precognition, essentially making a 35 card deck and discarding less cards. It also allows you to play with a deck out win condition, and making that choice just a bit safer. Perfect for getting different deck types into the game.

Camel Riding

Why wouldn't you want to move faster? Although it consumes three AP, it is still valuable, especially in big boards. Definitely good if you're on the run with a bounty on your head, or if you just need to get somewhere before someone else. Heck, you can even chase down someone else who's wanted.

Bane of Aether

Straight forward, every element (Aside from Underworld) has one of these for the opposing element. More experience is great, the more you have the better.

Tinkering

Simple, and great for helping with duos. Sure, you need to sacrifice resources, but you can make them on the spot; which could change your deck type entirely and surprise an opponent and giving you a victory.

Adventurer

More active quests mean more things are getting done. With this skill, you're now being even more productive. Using it to complete a bunch of simple quests, or quests that go along with each other, or in the same area will speed your game up and make other elements jealous.

Tier 2:

Manipulate Time

This is one of the most fitting for time, manipulating things.  Having people use one less AP could help in a pinch. It isn't necessarily a powerful skill, and it consumes a relic, but under the right circumstances it could be seen as the most powerful.

Foresight

This skill allows you to ask a deck related question before battle, and your opponent must answer truthfully. A great way to being prepared for a battle. Knowing is half the battle, and with the right question it might be able to turn the tide of a battle entirely.

Research

Although Research uses a relic, I think it's one of Time's most valuable skills. For 6 turns you get to replace it with any other tier one skill.  You can take something like Alchemy from water if you need Alchemy cards. Bargaining, from Underworld, to save yourself some money. Improved Trading if you need really need to see a merchant, but aren't close to a town, or trade with another player. The possibilities with this skill are only limited to the number of tier 1 skills, which is quite a few.

Scribe

This, coupled with Adventurer, can really add up. Completing all 5 of the active quests you have nets you a cool twenty extra XP. Definitely worth it if you're looking to level up as quickly as possible.

Tier 3

Clockmaker

Using an additional Action Point could do wonders for you in the long run, definitely a straight forward skill with it's obvious benefits. Balanced and fits the theme of time well.

Scholar

Just like the other Tier 3 skill, Clockmaker, this one is straight forward. You gain 3 additional skill points, which is something that will no doubt come in handy sooner or later, a great skill for a great element.

Tier 4

Champion of Time

One of my least favorite skills for time. When it's compared to other skills, it's not as valuable. Deaths, for instance, takes away 18 upgrades from your opponent. With that, you might not lose a game in the first place. Light and Water both limit your opponents creatures that can be played. I'm not going to compare this to every Tier 4 skill, but it seems like Time cut it a bit short, as some of the others are quite powerful. Then again, I could be underestimating this. It's basically an RNG savior if you get unlucky, but can win out one of the first 2 games.

I'd say time is one of the most balanced Elements. It doesn't have anything overly powerful, but it has a few things that can majorly affect the game, or at least a battle.  The Champion of Time skill may be a slight let down, but they can't all affect cards, and it's similar to Darkness in the sense that it does something based on the end results of a battle.

Duo-Decks / Phase Back To The Silurian Age (Time Trials, Phase 1.)
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:04:29 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80e 80e 80f 80f 80f 8pu

Deck designed for Half-Bloods.  Seeing as how I don't know much about the AI ( I'm a PVP kind of guy.) I just went for something quick and simple that didn't take much time to make, as well as something that should be able to beat out a lot of decks.

TTW: 14.675

Wins:40
Losses:14

A few losses are my fault, with flawless play, I could have avoided 4 of those losses and it would have been an even 10.  Some of the Half-Bloods require Phase Shield out earlier than others, to draw out Deflags/Steal or to just live longer from a Titan/Catapult.  Fastest I've won with this deck was 10 turns which I only achieved once, longest was 19.

Off-Topic Discussions / Re: Enjoys ur lives im leaving
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:48:59 am »
Honestly, you shouldn't be making a thread saying you're leaving if you don't mean it. Hell, I don't even think there should be one period in most cases.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Re: Ingame Forge (Aka merging two cards)
« on: January 08, 2011, 09:57:24 pm »
merge a voodoo doll and a BB, then merge a BB and Grav force, then you merge OP with OP
Uh, that's not how it works.

Patch Notes and Development News / Re: AI improvements
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:16 am »
AI will dive a creature even if they can't do anything with it. As in, if Sundial is in play, or Bone Wall.

Trial of Gravity / Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:00:29 pm »
Eternity is banned, numbers.

Trial of Entropy / Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:07:17 pm »
Maybe that's the only deck they have and use it for PVP as well?

MTG also has cards that let you pull others from your deck, Elements doesn't.

Thing about making decks 40 cards, is, you can't have a deck type anymore. You're pretty much going to have to use different cards that don't go together, or can't complete things. Especially with 5 of each card. Elements has many different simple deck types, and that's what's great about it. As there isn't a way to get out cards you need specifically, or many ways to draw cards period; you'll be stuck. Want a mono death poison deck? Sure, add in some Flesh Recluse. No, you can't keep the poison/arsenic/bonewall only.

Flying weapon decks? Forget it, they won't be of use with just 5 animate weapons, or 6 in a 40 card deck.

Life will also significantly fall. Life wants it's creatures out fast, (Frog, Cockatrice.) with only 10 of those in a 40 card deck, you need to take other strategies.

So on and so forth.
What you suggest is good for tournaments, it tests peoples skills in ways the game doesn't actually allow without being handicapped against other players. However, I don't think this should be done with the actual game. Tournaments make things like this fun, and in my opinion it should stay that way.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38
blarg: Belthazar666