Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - 18237 (58)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Deck Help / Aether stall
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:37:53 am »
Code: [Select]
5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61r 61r 61r 61r 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61u 61u 61u 61u 61u
So I just used this deck in the tourney and lost in round 2.  :-[ Any ideas/comments? I'd like to try and keep it totally unupped, though putting in SoGs would help a lot. It seemed to fare quite well in the tourney(I actually beat someone :))), but there are obvious weaknesses like a lack of damage, though PUs can take care of that depending on the situation.

18237 -2
lokiburn4 -0

General Discussion / Re: [Poll] How many nymphs do you have?
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:02:51 am »
I just won my fourth nymph yesterday  :P But I can't find a use for them :-\

Issue Archive / Re: The big bad list of known bugs!
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:22:36 am »
For #15 when I use vader sader against that gravity/earth ai3 I always heal when attacking the armagios, whether its with flying daggers or crusaders. Unless the glitch is only for vampires and not for anything with vampire ability.

Isn't there already a bonus for winning with more health? And most stall decks I see have SoD/granite skins anyway.
I am not saying what i voted for  :-X. but this  isn't that good of an idea because like some people said more farms and lags.
Good day kitty45!

No that's fine :). But what I'd like to do is understand your point of view with better clarity.

What do you mean "more farms and lags?"

Yes lags are always bad. But...you think "more farms" are a bad thing?

:) bring "them" (=some people said) over have em join in the discussion and post.

I just don't see how adding a bonus to winning a "deck-out" would cause lags.
and
I just don't see how adding a bonus to winning a "deck-out" would make "more farms"?
well in pvp there is lags and if there is more cards in a deck means more chances of bugs because some cards have bugs by them selfs  and  if there is a bonus it might get people to farm more each other causing the game to take longer and more chances of bugs etc because a short out rush will make the game shorter and less chances of bugs. Also the server might get games more mixed up with more farms because people might pvp more and there is a chance of the server causing more card  desync.(however you spell that) Which people will complain about and farms vs farms will most likely no one will deck out witch would ruin the point of the idea. This is just what I think will happen :) I hope this answers your questions.
And your use of the term 'farm' is being misinterprereted as farms in t50 and whatnot. After reading your replies I'm still not sure what you think farm is but I get the feeling you think deckout decks are farms.

Also, a short out rush can make the game get buggy. Its not just stall decks.
10.  Rapid Click Problems
Symptoms:  Playing cards for free, playing an infinite number of cards, discarding more than one card, and various other illegal game moves.
Causes:  This is an exploit, and as such, will not be explained in detail.  Please slow down when clicking to avoid problems.  Zanz is currently trying to find the optimal pause between clicks.
Also, rapid draw problems which happen when you use card draw abilities too close together, and quite a few rush  decks use precogs.

I don't think the server might get "games more mixed up with more farms" and cause desyncs. Desyncs are mostly just due to your own internet connection being bad and causing lag. Having large decks do not usually cause lag, and I highly doubt there will be so many people using deck out decks that it will cause the server to crash. Because if deck out decks become popular, we would have have scenario of PA'd eternities rewinding a photon over and over again on both sides of the field happening quite often, and people would ragequit and just throw away their irritating stall deck. :P I, for one, would not use a deck out deck even if there was a bonus because it is so mind-numbingly boring to me. Its just personal preference. And a good rush deck can rush a stall deck before they gain control of the board- I can get 6 turn wins against firestall before they can even get out fire buckler.

Also, more cards in a deck means more bugs because some cards have bugs in their game mechanics is a fallacy. You could have a 60 card deck full of pillars and never have neurotoxin bugs because...well you don't have a scorpion.  :P It isn't the number of cards in a deck that determines the chance of a bug happening, it kinda depends whether you actually have a card which has bugs in its game mechanics. *gasp* Most of these bugs are useless minor things that don't matter anyway, some of them even harm you so you won't even want them to happen. Bugs generally won't occur unless you purposely do it. Say, the antimatter diving pegasus. If you dive an antimatter pegasus, the attack will invert to normal after the attack. If you do not know of the bug, you definitely would not dive the pegasus as it would heal for 2 times as much. So preventing bugs by making small decks is kinda not related at all.

Deck Help / Re: Rainbow Deck Help
« on: February 03, 2011, 01:14:23 am »
If you would add a rare card (if you want ) Entity would be a good choice. For Having big creatures that cost a lot  of quanta that the otyugh can't eat.  :)
I don't really see the usefulness of eternity compared to say, pulvy. Eternity is generally only used to prevent deckout, and in a 60 card timebow, I don't think that will be an issue. Besides, your otyugh can easily get bigger by eating other things then eating that big creature, or you could use fallen elf to mutate it to an abomination. If you add in a heavy armor like Dm says, you will probably have no problems.

Deck Help / Re: Rainbow Deck Help
« on: February 02, 2011, 01:58:04 pm »
You're deck's really good ;D ;D. But i would suggest to upgrade your quantum pillars into towers they can give you an advantage of being able to put down monsters as well as your towers in the same turn. Is there going to be a 60th card? will it be a rare weapon that you get in a half blood wheel spin? I would suggest getting a lava golem or another OTY because you have 2 quintessence. If you get a pharaoh it's might be a good idea to keep it if your mark is time because you can produce scarabs.

Poojam11  :time :time :time
He is already heavy on time quanta for hourglassess so pharaoh would be a huge drain on quanta. Also, I wouldn't suggest upping all the pillars into towers yet. At least upgrade otyugh/hourglassess/fallen elf because they have a huge impact on your deck. When you get more cards upped you could go try farming fgs with this, many fg decks are based on the same combo as yours.

Archived Decks / Re: Pillarless Halfblood Grinder
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:46 am »
wouldn't dune scorpions be better than deathstalker/forest scorpion seeing as how there seems to be a severe lack of damage.

Deck Help / Re: Unstable gas rush
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:23:40 am »
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going to try and build this on my real game but it decided to random ban me again so I'm going to have to wait a while. :-X Until then I can't really test it cause there isn't any pvp in trainer.

Deck Help / Unstable gas rush
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:19:29 am »
Code: [Select]
5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6
I haven't tested it much so I can't give a reliable ttw, but I usually win in 8 turns though I've gotten wins of 5 turns, which doesn't seem bad for an unstable gas deck. However, since its for pvp 2, would it be possible to make this faster? Getting outrushed by speedbows is a problem, especially since there is no cc whatsoever unless you count unstable gas. The cremations also seem to screw up the mulligen quite a lot, should I just ditch them and the crimson dragons for something else?

Deck Help / Re: Too slow?
« on: January 24, 2011, 07:40:56 am »
I'm no expert at fractal scarab decks but i'll try...

You look like you have way too much gravity quanta. maybe just change mark to gravity,-1 chimera -9 gravity pendulums, and + 10 aether pillars. you should be able to pull of fractal a lot faster now. Maybe you could switch out 1 or 2 time pillars for precog since scarabs only cost 2  :time quanta and you want speed.
Try out my suggestions and see if its any better.
That would be a HORRIBLE mistake; Scarabs have to eat sometime, you know.  ;)
That said, you do have an awful lot :gravity pendulums. I would trade about 3 for :aether pillars. Chimera is a great card in tandem with Scarab, especially with swarm effect happening - however, that might be a card to take into account carefully because if it comes in early game, it's a dead card in so many ways. If you find a good time to throw it out as a meatshield, DO IT! Make sure you time it right, because its health is exponential with scarabs.

+Catapults
When your fractal Scarabs really get going, catapults will make this deck a nightmare.

+Momentum
Momentum can let your creatures bypass shields, which can prove helpful in many situations.

+Titan, if you have one.
If you have space for a weapon, might as well use it.  ;)

When it comes, +Acceleration.
Easy idea. It'll give you a lot more pure damage, and scarabs will survive, with their high health.

Of course, all this advice is towards your original, which I like better. :aether Mark means that your fractal begins charging up the moment you start the match, and it's the game-changing card in most of the decks. Without it, your creatures cap at some 3 or 4/6.
Its entirely possible to run a scarab deck powered solely by mark, I use a pharaoh deck powered by mark of gravity and it works fine. You really don't need that much gravity quanta if you take out chimera

Deck Help / Re: Mono Darkness( again! I know!)
« on: January 22, 2011, 09:09:07 am »
The problem here is that yes, I get huge amounts of  :death quanta i don't get to use. But another problem is that  :darkness quanta is scarce at first until i can get enough devourers/pendulums out, so I can't just replace some pendulums with dragons or I get a slower start, though I end up with a lot of unused darkness quanta at the end. That problem will probably be solved when/if the deck is upgraded. Also, if you haven't noticed, I mentioned somewhere in this thread about removing vampires for dragons and liquid shadows.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
anything
blarg: