*Author

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg473601#msg473601
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2012, 05:36:24 am »
i think that way still benefits rainbows more than gravity.
Hey there

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg474805#msg474805
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2012, 05:26:51 pm »
I feel, that the name Shard of Focus does not fit to the card. Focus sounds more offensive but the power looks like a gravity effect. Therefore Shard of Gravity would fit better to this card.
No. "Shard of Gravity" isn't anything like the shard theme. Put some actual effort into the naming if you don't like Focus.

The original version of the card is like a three to four time useable pulverizer but the issue is that first the power is useable for free and second it buffs the shard. We know.
Second is that gravity would not get an additional benefit as like in the other shards. Except for the free Black Hole in hand and the incredible Catapult, Overdrive, and Gravity Pull synergy.

And I'm thinking about a different version of this card:

Version 1

Shard of Gravity (creaturelike style)
It starts as a 2/10 card
The power accretion works now this way: Sacrifice a permanent and gain +2/+10. It will becomes a Black Hole if HP>40 (50 if your mark is  :gravity ) How would that be beneficial to you at all? You essentially just have a grow creature that happens to have additional health. After you've sacrificed two permanents, you have a creature STILL less powerful than Massive Dragon, so it's still not a good tradeoff. It's WORSE as Gravity Pull and Catapult fodder, and Overdrive on it is still as useful as on the other, but that limited freedom of synergy makes up for none of the fact that it would be ultimately WORSE as an overall "Gravity" card, and as a rainbow card.

Now you need to use your own permanents to fuel this shard and gravity get an additional bonus. Overbuffing it (ex: using a Blessing on it while being at 8/40 (10/50 with :gravity mark) will turn it into the BH.

Version 2

Shard of Gravity (permanent style)
It starts as a permanent with no counters
Power accretion works here this way: Destroy a target permanent and put a counter on the Shard of Gravity.
If the number of of counters is equal or more than 2 (3 if the mark is  :gravity ) it will turns into the BH and the owner of the shard will receive 5 damage per counter from the implosion.
So you pay life in order to get a card that's only good in Gravity? And what if you do use it once (twice in Gravity)? It's a dead card right after that, unless you know you'll get alot of life from Black Hole.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

corky

Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg475127#msg475127
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »
I am being impatient but I really want to see what direction this card takes with the next round of adjustments.

As is, this card is a game changer. It will appear in every deck imaginable

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg475201#msg475201
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2012, 11:49:29 pm »
Zanz, Y U NERF. At a cost of 5, it's harder to run in mono decks now. Wonder how it does in rainbows though.

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg475246#msg475246
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2012, 02:25:00 am »
What it should have is an ability cost. Easy to send out quickly, but harder to maintain.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

corky

Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg475511#msg475511
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2012, 06:37:51 pm »
Even at 5 it is still quite powerful. Considering multiple of these shards can be played at once decimating permanents in so little time. So powerful!

Offline EvilDeathX

• Reputation Power: 3
  • EvilDeathX is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I am the McNinja!
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg475938#msg475938
« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »
-As it's still in development, try not to freak out if you think it's Overpowered.
Not trying to freak out but this thing would be nearly impossible to kill. Not to mention this would just be more fuel for the annoying people who go straight for the pillars. (I am sorry but stealing my quanta is one thing, but do you really have to take out the source?)

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg475986#msg475986
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »
Deflagration: Destroy 1 permanent for 3|2 :fire + 1 card (1 PC per 4 cost units)
Shard of Focus: Destroy 3 permanents for 7|5 :rainbow + 1 card + 3 turns (3 PC per 7.67 cost units = 1 PC per 2.56 cost units)
Shard of Focus + Gravity Pull: Destroy X permanents for 7|5 :rainbow + 2 :gravity + 2 cards + X turns (X PC per 7.67+X cost units = 1 PC per 2.92 or less cost units)

I think it can be balanced if given an activation cost of say 2-3 :rainbow.

2 :rainbow
Shard of Focus: Destroy 3 permanents for 7|5 :rainbow +6 :rainbow + 1 card + 3 turns (3 PC per 11.67 cost units = 1 PC per 3.89 cost units)
Shard of Focus + Gravity Pull: Destroy X permanents for 7|5 :rainbow + 2X :rainbow + 2 :gravity + 2 cards + X turns (X PC per 7.67+2.33X cost units = 1 PC per 4.25 or less cost units)

3 :rainbow
Shard of Focus: Destroy 3 permanents for 7|5 :rainbow +9 :rainbow + 1 card + 3 turns (3 PC per 13.67 cost units = 1 PC per 4.56 cost units)
Shard of Focus + Gravity Pull: Destroy X permanents for 7|5 :rainbow + 3X :rainbow + 2 :gravity + 2 cards + X turns (X PC per 7.67+3X cost units = 1 PC per 4.92 or less cost units)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline waterzx

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg476095#msg476095
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2012, 02:15:04 am »
Maybe make it drain your quanta like a black hole every time you activate the shard ?

Then we can lower the initial cost a bit.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg476100#msg476100
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2012, 02:40:39 am »
Maybe make it drain your quanta like a black hole every time you activate the shard ?

Then we can lower the initial cost a bit.
So I lose up to 36 quanta that my opponent gets back at health for destroying one of their permanents in addition to spending 7 quanta on a shard?

Offline Silver

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Silver is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg476117#msg476117
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2012, 03:23:10 am »
I like that idea. It's only 36 quanta if you're runnig a rainbow. If you're being a mono that's only 3. 3 Quanta activation cost for versatile reusable PC? Sounds good to me.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Shard of Focus | Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg476139#msg476139
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2012, 04:21:35 am »
I like that idea. It's only 36 quanta if you're runnig a rainbow. If you're being a mono that's only 3. 3 Quanta activation cost for versatile reusable PC? Sounds good to me.
Ha, no. It needs to be PLAYABLE outside of mono, derpface.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

anything
blarg: