*Author

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443636#msg443636
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 08:06:47 pm »
I am ready to test it.
^^ This. Theorizing is nice, but I've been caught off guard multiple times in testing by just how different games worked out vs. theory.

That said, this does look like another example of Zanz' classic "start high, edit downward" style. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Bleys295

Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443651#msg443651
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 08:37:18 pm »
Like the idea, I want a "if your mark is  :gravity , does this" Effect. Elemental alignments are important.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443662#msg443662
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 09:03:36 pm »
I already posted in the 1.30 thread, but I want to put my suggestions here also.

SoF, though, doesn't seem like a shard - not because it's a creature, but because it has nothing to do with the mark making a difference in its ability. The Mark is a major theme that ties shards to their respective elements. My suggestions are
1. Make the 'turning into a black hole' part a passive that can happen only if the mark is :gravity (and at some Hp amount).
2. Have it only gain the 10 Hp if the mark is :gravity.

I like #2 better than 1 because it adds the mark aspect, and also puts a limit on the destruction; also removes overshadowing of Pulverizer.
Having a mark requirement for Hp also adds to the 'focus' theme.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443676#msg443676
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 10:39:22 pm »
That fix is flawed. If only :gravity mark gains 10 hp, then any other mark can use it indefinetly.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443695#msg443695
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 11:50:46 pm »
I feel it's too powerful. It's basically 3 :rainbow for 4 deflags in 4 turns. Any deck can use it and it only makes :rainbows even more powerful by giving it this huge PC advantage and free black holes.

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443717#msg443717
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 12:46:04 am »
That fix is flawed. If only :gravity mark gains 10 hp, then any other mark can use it indefinetly.
I'd suggest Mark of :gravity gains +0/+9 +0/+8, otherwise +0/+10. This gives it one more use than with any other mark.

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443742#msg443742
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 01:39:55 am »
No one is seeing this as an ideal target to place overdrive on? Don't let it gravity pull and just make an unstoppable creature that wrecks you on it's own..

Only need overdrive + this card for it to work, stop at 45 hp, and let overdrive do it's work. - What can happen? It reaches way too much damage before it comes close to being cced. And if reverse timed: well you again have amazing perm control back. If the opponent decides to use congeal/bassilisk blood: just use your next  shard/overdrive, it's not THAT expensive. And if the opponent decides to rush: well simply let a shard grow to heal up a bit. Maybe add a few gravity pulls/bassilisk bloods for cc.

Seems way over powered in my eyes.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443760#msg443760
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2011, 02:16:16 am »
If everyone thinks this is OP provide nerf suggestions and perhaps we need to vote on what is best.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443761#msg443761
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2011, 02:17:41 am »
If everyone thinks this is OP provide nerf suggestions and perhaps we need to vote on what is best.
I still opt for:
6 :rainbow Fusion: Sacrifice SoF. If you have three similar cards in your hand, discard them, and play a single copy of the cards for free. Two are needed if your mark is Gravity.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline pulli23

• pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443763#msg443763
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2011, 02:26:00 am »
I honestly can't really think of nerfing it without really changing how it works. Growing hp (and thus having a powerful target for things such as gravity pull/overdrive) & perm control simply should go in 1 card.

This card simply has to many uses: perm control (duh) - potential creature control (gravity pull) - potential damage (overdrive) - healing/quanta control. It simply is TOO versatile.

Maybe change the max hp (& hp gain) - or even remove it and simply give it charges (is that possible?). Or better: let it lower hp on destroying & when death it activates gravity pull (this gives the opponent also a choice: do I wish gravity pull now or later and let a perm be destroyed yet don't waste my spell?)

Let it begin at 24 hp and lower 6 hp each "cast"?

Another option is to reduce the starting hp (while growing) - allowing a quickly timed cc-combo to nullify this. Though I'm not really in favour of such things (as this simply means you have to keep cc on hand if you have any doubt the opponent has this shard), maybe:
start with 8 (10 with gravity mark), gain 4. - gets destroyed when reaches 24 hp or more

Offline tallguy2241

• tallguy2241 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hello Darkness my old friend
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443793#msg443793
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2011, 03:29:33 am »
I have to admit I had a different interpretation of this card when I first read it. I thought that IF you destroyed a Permanent in some fashion (by Deflag, Pulvy, etc), THEN this card gets the +10 HP. It would still get a nice synergy with other gravity cards (GP and Catapult, for instance, and of course, the BH when it's "full"), but it's not this card itself that is doing the PC.

Based on everything else I've read here, that's not how it works...but maybe it should be.

Offline Xamuel

• Xamuel is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Focus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35191.msg443831#msg443831
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2011, 05:19:20 am »
Extremely easy and effective nerf:  replace "a permanent" with "one of your own permanents"   :P

anything
blarg: