*Author

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250897#msg250897
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 07:34:21 am »
Mitosis doesn't TU.

It generates an original copy.

TU keeps the OD status and stats.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250912#msg250912
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2011, 08:08:34 am »
Great addition to my favorite element :D I haven't read this entire thread though (there is to much reading up to do since I'm new here). But I can currently only think of the following uses for this card:

- Heavy damage otyughs (if they can keep devouring)
- Heavy damage dragons/Armagio's
- Combines well with momentum and chimeara, doesn't combine well with catapult.
- Isn't OP because it builds up slowly

I can't wait to try it out.

Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250915#msg250915
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 08:19:55 am »
Again meh. I like a lot of the recent new cards but these two ... meh.

Acceleration seems like it would be useful and all that but again it is giving Gravity something that really belonged to Fire until now with the attack-growth ... and it's been given the ability in such a way that now Gravity is actually better at attack-growth than Fire (rather than having a weaker version or something).

meh.
Well would you look at this guys, I'm agreeing with Sir Valimont! (I admit, it probably would be pretty cool to have you on my side of any argument)
I dislike the idea that a one-time spell can outgrow a creature skill.
Spells are uncounterable.
Creatures are counterable (CC/Lobo effects).

Also agreeing with the element based argument. Silurian is weaker than Jade for a reason. Acceleration should be weaker than Growth spells for that reason also (Forest spirit is a different matter)

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250931#msg250931
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 09:01:06 am »
CC and Lobo effects both can be used to counter acceleration.

I don't see what makes you think it's so uncounterable.

The reason CC doesn't affect it as much isn't the card, but the creatures, cause they have such high HP and all.

This just gives more of a reason to get rid of them, instead of just leaving them alone, which IMO is a much needed buff for high HP critters.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250949#msg250949
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:12 am »
^^This.  Don't forget that Acceleration is an active skill, which means no Momentum, no Devour, no Vampire, no Dive -- it's sole purpose to to make gigantic vanilla creatures cool.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250951#msg250951
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2011, 10:25:31 am »
^^This.  Don't forget that Acceleration is an active skill, which means no Momentum, no Devour, no Vampire, no Dive -- it's sole purpose to to make gigantic vanilla creatures cool.
Oh really? Momentum can be combined with other skills, including Overdrive.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250955#msg250955
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2011, 10:52:08 am »
Oh, really?  Momentum is the only status effect that gets lobotomized -- I assumed that that meant that it would also be removed by Overdrive/Acceleration.  If that's not actually the case, my bad. 
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

WakSkylicker

Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250960#msg250960
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2011, 10:59:57 am »
ahem... voodoo doll anyone?

Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250961#msg250961
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2011, 11:09:28 am »
i wonder if this can be loboed...
if so, aether/gravity

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg250965#msg250965
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:41 am »
One more time -- it's an active skill.  ALL active skills can be loboed.  It goes away when you add Liquid Shadow, Mitosis, or any other card that replaces an active skill.  You can't use Luciferine on a creature that has Acceleration or Overdrive on it.  Interestingly, it does not, in fact, take away Momentum like I thought it did -- my bad.  I guess neither do Liquid Shadow or Mitosis.  Only lobo and psionic wave do.  Didn't realize that.

It's really too bad, too, because my LS/Overdrive/Voodoo deck doesn't work at all because of it. 8)

Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg251008#msg251008
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2011, 01:10:36 pm »
Overdrive is looking really OP. My armagio/archangel/Overdrive deck gets creatures above 15 atk so fast, its scary. not to mention the stall power. gravity pull armagio then overdrive it and you get the ultimate stall+atk creature. With archangels you can keep it alive forever. but that ai3 with rewinds owns, of course.

TDenverFan

Re: Acceleration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19731.msg251013#msg251013
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »
I'll have to try this in the trainer later (unless someone tried something like it already)

6 Overdrive
4 Voodoo Dolls
6 PU
10 Aether Pillars
5 Dark Pillars
 :gravity Mark

Seems (In theory) like a pretty good deck, to me at least

blarg: