*Author

Kurohami

Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418289#msg418289
« on: October 30, 2011, 11:51:37 pm »
I know this probably don't happen too often because there's 500 decks in each league and all that, but it did just happen to me. The deck I put in the arena just happened to be a perfect counter for my own deck, so I just quit. Lost 15 electrums and got 10 back. What would you do in this kind of situation? Win and get the 100ish electrum or lose and give your arena deck a free win?

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418300#msg418300
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:02:02 am »
Depends on the position of your deck: If it were place 2, you would be stupid, if you wouldn´t give your deck a free win (and thumb up ). If it were in a position your decks normally have, then use the knowledge of your own deck and win. And also look at the number of consecutive wins.
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418306#msg418306
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:09:28 am »
Most of the time I'd win. Winning would give me way more  :electrum. Losing to it on purpose won't bump my deck up that much either.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418307#msg418307
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 12:11:29 am »
I generally play the duel out if I'm testing out an experimental idea.  But now that I have all of the Shards and don't need any more electrum or score I typically quit if I have high hopes of my deck rising to a high rank.  Most of the time I find that my deck beats me down pretty nicely though so I don't have to worry about making the choice.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418309#msg418309
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 12:12:41 am »
I'd play it out until I know conclusively which one would win. Then I'd quit- my arena decks blitz through Gold fast enough without me adding to that.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Rember

Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418312#msg418312
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 12:14:32 am »
Huh? There's no way in hell I wouldn't try to beat my arena deck if it was in top 10.

Under normal circumstances I guess I'd only forfeit if it was viable for achieving a high rank, but then I'd probably lose anyway since it would be a top10 deck without the massive HP losses.

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418319#msg418319
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 12:20:33 am »
Oh, I forgot the increased reward in Top 10.
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418449#msg418449
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 06:41:12 am »
I faced my own deck for the first time today and I beat it to dust. (with an EM!)
Basically it comes down to this:

- It's just a fun deck wich isn't doing very well - I try and beat it.
- It's a good deck capable of making top 10 - I try and beat it, leave the match on the killing blow and thumbs up!

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418450#msg418450
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 06:47:16 am »
- It's just a fun deck wich isn't doing very well - I try and beat it.
- It's a good deck capable of making top 10 - I try and beat it, leave the match on the killing blow and thumbs up!
this.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418455#msg418455
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 06:59:37 am »
I've faced my own deck a few times now.  A couple times I just surrendered if I had no rings lit and didn't worry about losing progress.  Another time I played it out, and then gave up on the turn I was going to win.  Just last night I lost to my own deck in another matchup with it.

If beating my own arena deck were to give me a rare spin, I'd do it.  Otherwise I'd probably surrender or quit if I was about to win, unless it had no chance of making it to the top decks.

Offline I8SumOrangesNItWasK

• Reputation Power: 3
  • I8SumOrangesNItWasK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418503#msg418503
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:02 am »
I'm not rich enough to acctually make a good deck based around the card the Oracle gives me...lol. I just use basically the same deck I am using anyway...and I CAN beat it, but, I've never faced myself in the arena. Although since my arena deck has no hope anyway, I might as well try to beat it if it were to come up.

Brontos

Re: Would you lose or win when facing yourself in the Arena? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33160.msg418511#msg418511
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 11:46:00 am »
I'd lose.
Because I try no to submit a deck that doesn't beat me. :]

anything
blarg: