*Author

Offline Cheesy111Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462410#msg462410
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:24:13 pm »
Similar to the "Your Signature Deck?" discussion, what's your style of play? Do you stick with immolation rushes, or love long stalls? Do you like denial, keeping the opponent from playing a single card, or would you rather rush them with adrenafrogs?  Do you play slowly, trying to give your opponent as little information as possible, or rush everything out as soon as possible for maximum damage?

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462414#msg462414
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:40:57 pm »
I generally prefer rushes. When making a mono deck, I tend to pack in heavy hitters, and some CC and PC. In a rainbow, I like dumping my entire hand out on the first few turns. Feels so great.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462421#msg462421
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:52:15 pm »
I prefer drawn out games, but not exactly stalls per se.  It's kind of that happy medium where I can still hamper the opponent's actions while casually setting a few cards here and there.  Maybe RT my own stuff just so I can see what they do on their next turn, maybe learn a thing or two.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462426#msg462426
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:06:58 pm »
Gonna pull a "I like everything" here. But generally, most of the decks that I enjoy playing are slow at the start/have a starting that seems like X but turns out to be Y. I like surprising people.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462428#msg462428
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:23 pm »
I like rushing with flesh recluse but I also like to slowly kills my opponent with poison, hidding behing a bonewall who keep growin thanks to my CC.

My favourite playstyle is still aggro-control or midrange deck. some good creature/spells for agression, and some card to control what your opponent is playing.

I dislike deck that can be hard countered by one card and like having a lot of option to kill my opponent.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline UnderneathTheLens

• Reputation Power: 10
  • UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462431#msg462431
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:23:41 pm »
I like rushing with flesh recluse but I also like to slowly kills my opponent with poison, hidding behing a bonewall who keep growin thanks to my CC.

My favourite playstyle is still aggro-control or midrange deck. some good creature/spells for agression, and some card to control what your opponent is playing.

I dislike deck that can be hard countered by one card and like having a lot of option to kill my opponent.
Purify :P

I like all decks 8).

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462433#msg462433
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:30:06 pm »
I definitely prefer that happy medium between rush and stall- the ideal domination style deck. Controlling the field is a large part of what I enjoy.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462435#msg462435
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 10:40:51 pm »

Purify :P

I like all decks 8).
Yes purify is a good counter to poison deck but when you expect your opponent to have purify in hand (when your opponent play a deck with water actually you can try to avoid purify to make you loose. It's still never a good new ^^
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462449#msg462449
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:35:52 pm »
pure monodark lol love my deck

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462454#msg462454
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 11:44:51 pm »
I like control style decks.  It's a carryover from my favourite Magic decks.  My preferred FG/arena deck is rainbow control with hourglass/time mark.  I like having lots of options in my play, and I dislike one-trick pony decks.  In a competitive pvp environment, I'll pick whatever wins, even if I don't like it personally, but in pve, I'll pick fun decks every time.  Thus, I don't like decks like Instosis or Splat, even though they do well, because there are essentially zero tough decisions to make. 

In my rainbow control deck, I'm always making tough choices about where to spend quanta and what the opponent might do.  Conversely, when two rush decks face each other, pretty much all that happens is both players dump their hands by turn 2-3 and put a brick on the spacebar.  It can be interesting playing a rush against a stall deck because in that scenario, you have to make decisions based on what they might have to counter you with, but when it's something like monolife rush vs immorush, there won't be any decisions to separate the amateurs from the professionals.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462456#msg462456
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 11:49:11 pm »
Rush rush rush rush rush.  Throw in random PC, Poison, Lances, etc. for the freaking Wings/Phase Shields.  Rush rush rush rush rush some more.  Speaking from a Mono perspective I of course prefer Life rushes, but I'm quite fond of Speedbows.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What's your style? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36829.msg462460#msg462460
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:56 am »
Domination and Stall. In my optimal game I want to counter each move the opponent makes while slowly but surely building up an untouchable position, and then when everything is perfectly under control, activate a long-prepared win-condition to finish the game.

anything
blarg: