*Author

What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443364#msg443364
« on: December 29, 2011, 08:26:59 pm »
So I have figured out I am a really sloppy player.  I had pride when I first started playing and I figured out a deck that was a great AI3 grind, I was proud when I made my first couple AI4 unupped or mostly unupped grind decks.  I was proud that despite having few upgraded cards in the beginning, I maintained a 70% win rate in pvp1 and pvp2 and AI4.  I thought I was a smart player, tricking the AI, developing gimmick decks to keep others on guard...   and now...  now I know I'm just a run of the mill player with sloppy playing habits, here is my story:

After a month of being absolutely frustrated with the special spin in Arena never giving me a much needed new shard or two, I finally got my 4th upgraded SoR, and I said cool, I can finally try that Instaosis that's on the wiki I've been meaning to try for FG farming...  So, I put the deck together, and start FG farming.  I like the deck a lot, except...  you have to pay attention to your last two or three turns closely, to get that final kill you need all the electrum in place, no last sundial, and your hand just about right.  You then need to play the card's in the proper order...  I've won many of games...  but I've come off atleast the 12th lost because of my own damn fault...

This last time I decked myself out, clicking on one too many electrum hourglasses against Miracle that should have been an EM win.
Then the game right before that was another going to be an EM win, except as I was clicking through the SoR's, I accidently clicked on my Chimera too early again not paying attention to what I was doing...
I've click on a sundial on my last turn by accident...
I've over spent by one time electrum by accident...
I've forced myself to have to discard a needed card...

Oh the pain at realizing, damn I am playing to hasty and sloppy, and frankly I suck...

Well misery loves company, so what's the most painful loss because you messed up story you have?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443365#msg443365
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »
Last Trials, there was a match in the finals between ak65ala and myself involving my Leaf Dragon/Sundial deck and his Entropy/Life stall.  For some reason that I still can't quite recall, I withheld a Leaf Dragon in my hand for almost the entirety of the duel which caused me to fall short of killing him by 4HP before his stall took over from there (I'm assuming that things would have been different, since he didn't use any other CC on my other Dragons).

Against the AI...there's just too many to keep a record of.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443372#msg443372
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:20:49 pm »
it wasnt a "if only i didnt" moment, but a "if only it worked like that" moment. before shockwave was able to target players, i was doing a master match and i would have won if shockwave could target players.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Filly678

Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443380#msg443380
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 09:39:27 pm »
This one's old, but still viable.

I was grinding HBs with a modified Mono :aether, and I could have won by PU'ing a few of the opponents  :time dragons, but I Mindgated a Sundial and played all of my creatures that turn.

Next turn...

75 HP Stone Skin.
Fuuuu...........

Contrary

Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443399#msg443399
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 11:48:53 pm »
Countless times I've been on the match before my arena spin and I've autoclicked my Hourglass.

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443409#msg443409
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 12:53:45 am »
Not chaining  :aether shields. By accident  :(
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443416#msg443416
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 01:11:20 am »
I have a few, usually involving overdrawing with hourglasses and later decking out.  I have a lot more "I should have lost that game, if only my opponent hadn't..." stories.  Like the game I just played in the arena, my opponent used unupped red nymph/voodoo dolls, and made all its dolls into 10/6, but didn't bother making them into 15/1s.  This, despite the fact that I had Gravity Shield sitting there and a low enough hp total to instantly die if it raged all its dolls, rather than raging my fireflies every turn.

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443418#msg443418
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 01:18:39 am »
Mmm AI fails a lot, yeah. Uncountable games won due to burrowed shriekers not outrushing me.

Recently, I lost a gold league match because I used chimera before sky blitz using instosis.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline Tirear

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Tirear is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Larger than a breadbox
Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443620#msg443620
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 06:43:03 pm »
Playing flood in the third perm slot off of my mark, with only 3 :water. It self destructed immediately, and I died before I could save up for another one. If I had waited one more turn before playing it, I could have stabilized the board and won.

Havok13

Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443772#msg443772
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 02:35:49 am »
using improved mutation on Dark Matter's Gravity Nymph turned into Light dragon with 2 :light mitosis ability...

Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg443789#msg443789
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 03:25:44 am »
Oh Shit...

But yeah mutation has it's down side, but I hate it when it just toys with you...
Once I was against Dream Catcher, I mutated the micro abomination with a butterfly effect, and it turned into a maxwell's demon with a 2 :entropy to steal...  I was like Really, Really? now the game is just toying with me.

DonceB

Re: What's your,"I should have won that game, if only I didn't..." story https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35180.msg444838#msg444838
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 05:19:52 pm »
Using hourglass when I  have already drew all cards :D Between it had to be a win against FG

blarg: