*Author

Offline WyandTopic starter

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304509#msg1304509
« on: December 26, 2020, 08:20:51 pm »
There is a remake on the way using the Unity engine! For more infos check this thread!

https://elementscommunity.org/forum/general-discussion/elements-the-game-as-a-unity-game-for-smartphones/

Your other option is to use OETG, which is a continuation of the game by the community (led by serprex).
It has a legacy version (old rules), and an updated version with new cards.

------------------

SAD LATEST NEWS.

Elementsthegame.com has expired, you won't find anything on the server. :(

Many files are still accessible through web.archive.org:

web.archive.org/web/*/http://elementsthegame.com/*

------------------

Spoiler for News not relevant anymore.:
FRESH STUFF.

Right now though you can access the server and www.elementsthegame.com will load the login screen if you can enable Flash somehow (read down),
but you will be greeted with a "Couldn't connect to server" text. Sad, very sad. This is the case since mid-July. An important flash file is missing (elt134.swf),
which is strange, since the login screen stayed (elt1327.swf).

So what can we do now? Waiting for a miracle (Zanz wakes up from million years of slumber - 0.000001% chance), or play serp's oetg-vanilla (read down).
Third option is having fun in the trainer - but sadly you cannot access your sweet unique cards, marks etc. Yes, oddly enough, the trainer works,
if you enable Flash!

http://elementsthegame.com/trainer.html

------------------

Old habits die hard, so I want to access my account at least for rolling Nymphs or for some occasional PvP-fun.

Let's summarize our options with the (seeming) death of Flash.

1. I want to use original Elements The Game regularly.

a) Use an older version of your browser and set back your computer's time (before Jan 12th) whenever you want to access the game.

This is the easiest. Set back time, load up Elements, set current time. For example Firefox 84.0 works perfectly. Supposedly all browser versions after 2020 block Flash contents.
Last browser versions supporting Flash: Firefox version 84, Microsoft Edge version 87*, Chrome version 87.

For mobile users Puffin is the recommended browser, since it'ill run Flash in the cloud, safely.

Flash's "self-destruct" is so lame (I think it is intended) it won't really delete itself  (though will notify you from time to time that you should delete it), just won't work
if your system's date is after Jan 12th. Also Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 which blocks Flash. You might want to get rid of "Adobe Flash Removal Update for Windows 10 – KB4577586"
if you still want to use Flash.

There is also a nice tutorial about how to auto-enable Flash on certain sites, for example on www.elementsthegame.com.

*(According to Joker Edge will work under MacOS, too, guess last version is the same.)

b) Use an older version of your browser and an older version of Flash which doesn't have the "self-destruct" method.

Even easier method, the problem that earlier Flash versions contain more potentially dangerous security holes.

c) Use Flash player emulators/enablers/extensions like Ruffle or SuperNova.

More testing is needed with these. With Ruffler you can access your Elements login, but you cannot play Arena, use the Oracle or save your progress.
Maybe later versions will address these problems. Have no data on SuperNova right now, please report if you have any experiences!

d) Use BlueMaxima's Flashpoint.

Sadly, this will allow you only some sandboxing, which means you can't play Arena, use the Oracle or play PvP. AI works, though and you can farm cards,
or edit your locally stored cardlist. There are some Elements-related info about Flashpoint here.

2. I want to use something similar like Elements The Game.

Your option is to play OpenETG, which has spawned from Elements, and created by fellow players. Contains old cards,
which might work similarly or a bit differently, and there are tons of new cards added. You can access it by clicking here.

Also, you can play the game with the original rules and cards, because it has a Legacy option. Rules are the same, graphics are often different.
Inside there you will find a button to import your hard earned Nymphs and codes from Elements. And you can also PvP here with your friends.

Summarizing all this. Using 1a, 1b and 1c there is some security risk, because Flash is famous about being exploitable. Can't tell you percentages and odds.
This is an option for those players who like to stick what they like and maybe a bit nostalgic than others. Using 1d isn't risky, because everything goes offline.
But no real access to server things... Option 2 is for those who want to move on - meanwhile having a chance of playing the legacy version of the game.

Spoiler for older, original post:
From what I read it seems the only option is to have an earlier version of a browser, and don't let it update itself.
Can anyone tell how to install another instance of Firefox and keep it old and separated from my "main" Firefox?

Plus I saw this today:

How to trick that stupid Adobe Flash from breaking our access to Flash-content? Or will it be just the usual blocking
which can be circumvented by clicking it and allowing access for running the stuff?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 11:06:32 am by Wyand »
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304510#msg1304510
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 08:35:03 pm »
You have to use an old version of Flash that doesn't have the self destruct logic

https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html or try using Flash content debugger

ofc for pvp fun you'll have better luck finding someone to play with openEtG's Legacy Mode
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:37:41 pm by serprex »

• Tournament Organizer
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304512#msg1304512
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 09:35:25 pm »
I will use legacy for sure, but I'm a nostalgic type. :) Thx for the tips!
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304538#msg1304538
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 11:56:32 am »
I've been using internet explorer for Elements.  No other browser seems to want to run flash anymore.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304575#msg1304575
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 06:08:08 pm »
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25604447 this thread outlines how to get an old enough version of Flash

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304647#msg1304647
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 10:33:50 am »
Easiest method:

- don't update web browser;
- set back date every time when loading up Elements (then set normal date back).

8-)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304650#msg1304650
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 11:36:12 pm »
Hmm yeah even IE won't run it anymore.  Just tried today and I got the same thing.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304651#msg1304651
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 01:04:05 am »
Flashpoint exists to play the base game with no arena, no pvp, no Oracle, Legacy exists for at least PvP

Offline RonWeasley255

• Reputation Power: 1
  • RonWeasley255 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304652#msg1304652
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 03:38:55 pm »
Flashpoint exists to play the base game with no arena, no pvp, no Oracle, Legacy exists for at least PvP
So I know that Elements is on Flashpoint, but does anyone know if it saves progress? Or rather, if you can access your old account?
I've been playing Elements for several years now and have gotten pretty attached to both my deck and playstyle. I know I could just grind for a little while and rebuild the deck from the ground up, but that would take quite some time considering the rares necessary, and I don't see the point in re-grinding if my progress won't save.
This is also probably the wrong place to post this question but IDK. New to the Forums, old to the game.

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304653#msg1304653
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 04:14:09 pm »
So I know that Elements is on Flashpoint, but does anyone know if it saves progress? Or rather, if you can access your old account?
I've been playing Elements for several years now and have gotten pretty attached to both my deck and playstyle. I know I could just grind for a little while and rebuild the deck from the ground up, but that would take quite some time considering the rares necessary, and I don't see the point in re-grinding if my progress won't save.
This is also probably the wrong place to post this question but IDK. New to the Forums, old to the game.
You'll find some answers here: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/general-discussion/flashpoint/
Basically you cannot access the server and your old account, it only saves locally on your computer. But you can edit the save to include whatever cards you want, including copy data from your old account. You might still be able to get your old data by changing your computer time to before the 12th and then Flash might work.

I recommend to check out openEtG and possibly its legacy mode though instead.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 05:21:46 pm by serprex »
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline RonWeasley255

• Reputation Power: 1
  • RonWeasley255 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304654#msg1304654
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 04:35:18 pm »
You'll find some answers here: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/general-discussion/flashpoint/ [nofollow]
Basically you cannot access the server and your old account, it only saves locally on your computer. But you can edit the save to include whatever cards you want, including copy data from your old account. You might still be able to get your old data by changing your computer time to before the 12th and then Flash might work.

I recommend to check out openEtG and possibly its legacy mode though instead.

Okay, thank you very much!

Offline fbparis

• Reputation Power: 3
  • fbparis is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • My all time favourite game!
Re: What to do after the death of Flash? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68229.msg1304671#msg1304671
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 10:41:31 am »
I have installed the chrome extension for https://ruffle.rs/ and I was able to connect my account. Score, credits and cards are still there and I can play against AI but till now there is no way to connect arena or oracle or save progress.

I hope this will be fixed with next versions of ruffle.
Jeu de lettres gratuit en ligne et une version pour les petits (CP) : https://mokole.com/kids

blarg: Joker