*Author

Offline Moonstar101Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Moonstar101 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
What is the result of two dark players fighting? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67940.msg1301856#msg1301856
« on: August 11, 2020, 07:10:53 pm »
What is the inevitable result of two dark players fighting? I assume a lot of a singular or multiple cards going back and forth as the dark players fight over who gets that card.

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: What is the result of two dark players fighting? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67940.msg1301857#msg1301857
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 07:17:20 pm »
Mono vs Mono? Then the player with the better devourer draw wins. Btw there are many different type of monos, I'm not TorB, but to my experience in a dark mono battle devs matter a lot.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: What is the result of two dark players fighting? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67940.msg1301860#msg1301860
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 08:34:48 pm »
I'm not TorB
Did someone summon me? :silly:

For starters, it would depend on how you define two dark players. I mean, I probably qualify as a Darkness player, but that's not to say all my decks are Darkness decks...

And even when considering two Darkness decks, there are many possibilities. If one of them is a Devourer-based denial deck and the other is not built with facing denial in mind, the denial will probably win. If both of them are Devourer-based denial decks, the starting hand will often have a huge impact on whom gets locked down. If neither side is using Devourer-based denial, you will probably not play Dusk Mantle or Vampire Dagger unless your opponent also has one in their slot, or you can Steal it back. Preferably more than once if you are expecting Steals. If you play it when you can Steal it back, yeah, expect that permanent to change ownership until another permanent is played or someone runs out of Steals. Leaving your opponent with a Dusk Mantle/Vampire Dagger is just too annoying.

Devourers without off-element cards to go with them don't really make for a true denial deck, so then quanta could potentially go back and forth, causing both sides to get less quanta than they might expect when facing decks without. But it's inconsequential, really.

Deck builds are the most important part, especially keeping in mind whether or not the opponent expects another Darkness deck. You could even do a rush deck with Gargoyles, Black Dragons, excess quanta, no permanents worth Stealing and no Devourers. This could outrush denial decks, while rendering the opponents' Devourers and Steals relatively useless.

anything
blarg: