*Author

Offline JenkarTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg442854#msg442854
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »
Ohai! So, i wanted to know how the tool Jen-i, ~Napalm, UTAlan (script) and me design worked. What comes to your mind that could have been better (barring a ''add 9001 cards to your team'' button)? Please post feedback!
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg442940#msg442940
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:00:58 am »
Something painful about the vault was the lack of a "current vault" option. Basically Vault minus Cards used in decks.
This is a very huge error. It's not posting decks and salvage that is problematic in War. It's forming a proper strategy.
Make 8 great decks out of 270 cards without knowing how many cards you have left? Sure, possible, but your brain might fry in the process.

For that reason I saw the vault as more painful to use than something that I could make by myself. Another thing was that I was afraid of editing the thing. Almost each cell contained some "magic functions" that required a lot of insight into the work you have done. My private sheets evolved over time according to my needs, here I could not touch anything because I was worried that I would brake something.
Maybe give us an empty sheet without any functions in it, so that we can edit it without fear?

I also missed a "History" option. You could not see how your vault has changed over the rounds if you didn't keep an independent database.

Time for the kind words. Everything you have done was great. Pasting deck codes. Automatic vault updates. The fact that audits were so much easier (there were, right?). Just look at vault errors done last war and this time. I have done a lot of drama to mobilize other teams to be more perfect. You on the other hand gave them a tool that allows them to make less mistakes. I guess your method is better.

Summing up. Everything you have done was good, it's the little but important things that are missing that bothered me through the entire event.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg442942#msg442942
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:11:47 am »
I wasn't a fan of decks being used that round disappearing from the appropriate tab within the tool itself.  We were able to recover deck codes through the salvage/discard tab after the battle phase had started, but it alarmed me at first because attempting to copy the code resulted in some kind of garbled text appearing, but pasting it would still cause the deck code to appear.  Unnecessary alarm, at the very least, and I'm still not at all comfortable with messing with cells in the document for fear of it exploding and kev having to come down and spank me for being a dunderhead.

Aside from that, a history function would have been nice.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg442943#msg442943
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 12:14:47 am »
- Current Vault (not updated after decks are posted)

- Cards Remaining after decks have been posted

- Export function for the decks that can be used to post in the threads

- Vault change history

• Legendary Member
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg442949#msg442949
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:24:28 am »
History tab? Eh, i think i told kev we should have made the archive public.

Basicly, one of the tabs does exactly what you said (shows what card were in your vault each round. I think it would have made sense to make it visible to everyone with access to vault.

Majofa : I think your first suggestion is in tab 4 of the vault.

Cards remaining after decks are inputted will probably be easy to implement.

Can you devellop on ''Maybe give us an empty sheet without any functions in it, so that we can edit it without fear?'', Zeru?
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg442950#msg442950
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 12:26:47 am »
But once you start to input decks, it changes the vault.

• Legendary Member
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg442952#msg442952
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 12:40:51 am »
But once you start to input decks, it changes the vault.
By that, you mean after deadline? (just tried, no changes)
If so, it'd enter the history suggestion (since after deadline it's previous round's vault)

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg443020#msg443020
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:45 am »
Okay, personally I found it really confusing because all the edits and changes to all the things important to them team were basically in its own little world and made up of bits of code that holds little meaning to us...

It just felt like what we were discussing in the threads and the finalized results that came out of it were completely different.

When the spreadsheet is edited it's really hard to just look over it to see if you agree with the changes... Usually it ended up being discuss, the spreadsheet is final, and just go with whatever is there...

Because of that, I request a function that allows you to export the information on the spreadsheet as forum code.

This way you can visually post any changes that you have made without it feeling "secret" or "seperate" to the main discussion.

It might be fairly hard to code, but I know Xenocidius did something similar in his card image builder, so it shouldn't be impossible.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg443042#msg443042
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 10:19:50 am »
Xeno senses tingling ... someone mentioned my name!

*Reads*

Because of that, I request a function that allows you to export the information on the spreadsheet as forum code.

This way you can visually post any changes that you have made without it feeling "secret" or "seperate" to the main discussion.

It might be fairly hard to code, but I know Xenocidius did something similar in his card image builder, so it shouldn't be impossible.
That's a very easy thing to do, actually, in any competent scripting language.

Regarding all these cases of celleditphobia ... I'm no spreadsheet expert, but couldn't the built-in data validation tools be used to make certain cells impervious to accidental editing?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

• Legendary Member
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg443052#msg443052
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 12:06:23 pm »
Xeno senses tingling ... someone mentioned my name!

*Reads*

That's a very easy thing to do, actually, in any competent scripting language.

So not in gdocs? :silly:

Regarding all these cases of celleditphobia ... I'm no spreadsheet expert, but couldn't the built-in data validation tools be used to make certain cells impervious to accidental editing?
Can't protect individual cells :S

Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg443278#msg443278
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 11:13:03 am »
and again hello!

I have no proposed solutions and understand that individual cells can't be locked and this was through the fault of one of our own (who will never be known - which is good because I find it very likely to be me) - but the idea of someone triple checking the vault tool and ect before the deadline, (especially someone nervous about taking control and screwing up :P ) should not be greeted by kevkevs penalty thread, due to a nonexistant bone pillar and equally nonexistant yellow warning message thing.

It was also a bit single player oriented, rather than promoting of team discussion, but I have nothing to compare it to, and imagine it was a huge relief after the other Wars, definitely made the whole thing a little easier. I guess the chat function may have added to the team effort, but thats probably a 'google' thing

• Legendary Member
Re: War 4 vault tool : Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35140.msg443279#msg443279
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 11:21:19 am »
and again hello!

I have no proposed solutions and understand that individual cells can't be locked and this was through the fault of one of our own (who will never be known - which is good because I find it very likely to be me) - but the idea of someone triple checking the vault tool and ect before the deadline, (especially someone nervous about taking control and screwing up :P ) should not be greeted by kevkevs penalty thread, due to a nonexistant bone pillar and equally nonexistant yellow warning message thing.

It was also a bit single player oriented, rather than promoting of team discussion, but I have nothing to compare it to, and imagine it was a huge relief after the other Wars, definitely made the whole thing a little easier. I guess the chat function may have added to the team effort, but thats probably a 'google' thing
'tis.
I believe the adding of current vault & showing vault history will open team discussion.

blarg: