*Author

Offline maverixk

• Reputation Power: 7
  • maverixk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I have an 'x' instead of a 'c'. I know you jellin'
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379643#msg379643
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 11:33:29 pm »
wouldn't someone who mastered in Other be the person who masters in the one thing that doesn't take skill? Just a thought :O
Well, if it takes no skill then I think I'm already the master of Other. :P
"Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree." -House

Offline n00bTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379646#msg379646
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 11:36:20 pm »
Bah I thought of Master of Other, I get to be the first one with no skill! *trollface*
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

zse

Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379647#msg379647
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 11:41:04 pm »
For fun... a list of cards that would fit in this catagory.
All Pillars/Pends
RoL
BL
All Other cards
Sundial
Animate Weapon
Damselfly
Gemfinder
Nova
All mark cards.
+
Holy Flash,
Luciferin | Luciferase,
Immolation | Cremation,
Soul Catcher | Soul Catcher

• n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379648#msg379648
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 11:42:02 pm »
+ Photon

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379649#msg379649
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 11:42:38 pm »
Plus, all the shards that will be released.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

• Nom.
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379650#msg379650
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43:29 pm »
+ Making all Fire cards Other

• Nom.
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379653#msg379653
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 11:50:23 pm »
Added a poll, make sure you all vote!

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379654#msg379654
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 11:51:58 pm »
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4052.0.html

Was brought up and abandoned. There's no actual work for a Master of Other, and it's not a title that's representative enough since the category of Other has no real identity at present time. With more unique cards, perhaps a Master could be justified. I don't really care for the concept though.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

• Nom.
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379655#msg379655
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 11:53:05 pm »
Damn Higs, I knew that after thinking up such a perfect idea, it couldn't have have been the first time it was thought up

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379667#msg379667
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 12:23:17 am »

Was brought up and abandoned. There's no actual work for a Master of Other, and it's not a title that's representative enough since the category of Other has no real identity at present time. With more unique cards, perhaps a Master could be justified. I don't really care for the concept though.
^I agree on this point. Other ATM is currently just a bunch of supplementary cards that define magic or entities that do not truly belong to any element(Shards associate themselves with Elements but are considered magical items from what I have seen.). It doesn't seem fair to make a person a master of that. War (and the semi-hiatus World of Elements) covers Other with Team Underworld ( :underworld ), and they do a pretty good job.

If being a Master of Other involves no skill, then this should be considered a humor topic. (The poll including all "Yes" options seems to indicate that.)

Since other is a secondary miscellaneous category it only contains cards that do not fit in any of the 12 primary categories.
Currently any card that has a cost of elemental quanta in either unupped or upgraded form or is a Pillar/Pendulum of a element is filed under that element.
Flying Weapon|Animate weapon costs  :air| :rainbow and thus is filed under Air in the bazaar and therefore is an Air card.
Sundial costs  :time| :rainbow and thus is filed under Time in the bazaar and therefore is a Time card.
To expand on Oldtrees's previous statement: Cards that are free belong to their respective elements for thematic reasons. Light and Aether get a -1 cost bonus on some of their cards compared to other elements general card structure (This -1 bonus seems to have expanded to other small creatures like Gnomes and Dragonflies). Luceferin is considered the :light alchemy and only costs :rainbow due to it's more situational nature. Quantum generating cards are associated with their element namely because they focus on generating 'energy' (quantum) that allows an elemental of their element to function. (Nova follows :entropy's theme of messing with other elements with cards like Dissipation Field (upgraded) and Mutation.)

tl:dr version - Meh. Does it really matter?

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379669#msg379669
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 12:28:11 am »

I totally just necro'd that thread since the last comment was SG saying she will post results in  a week lol.
^I agree on this point. Other ATM is currently just a bunch of supplementary cards that define magic or entities that do not truly belong to any element(Shards associate themselves with Elements but are considered magical items from what I have seen.). It doesn't seem fair to make a person a master of that. War (and the semi-hiatus World of Elements) covers Other with Team Underworld ( :underworld ), and they do a pretty good job.

If being a Master of Other involves no skill, then this should be considered a humor topic. (The poll including all "Yes" options seems to indicate that.)

Since other is a secondary miscellaneous category it only contains cards that do not fit in any of the 12 primary categories.
Currently any card that has a cost of elemental quanta in either unupped or upgraded form or is a Pillar/Pendulum of a element is filed under that element.
Flying Weapon|Animate weapon costs  :air| :rainbow and thus is filed under Air in the bazaar and therefore is an Air card.
Sundial costs  :time| :rainbow and thus is filed under Time in the bazaar and therefore is a Time card.
To expand on Oldtrees's previous statement: Cards that are free belong to their respective elements for thematic reasons. Light and Aether get a -1 cost bonus on some of their cards compared to other elements general card structure (This -1 bonus seems to have expanded to other small creatures like Gnomes and Dragonflies). Lucerferin is considered the :light alchemy and only costs :rainbow due to it's more situational nature. Quantum generating cards are associated with their element namely because they focus on generating 'energy' (quantum) that allows an elemental of their element to function. (Nova follow's :entropy's theme of messing with other elements with cards like Dissipation Field (upgraded) and Mutation.)

tl:dr version - Meh. Does it really matter?

I think everyone understands the semantics of why they are not technically other cards... the whole point is that they could be considered other based on cost alone. No that is not how a cards element is determined, however, it is purely for the point of this thread. Not saying that this master of other thing should happen. Just saying that I believe by this point everyone understand the reason why they arent considered other, and all that is being done is reiterating the same point.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: The Master of Other https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29828.msg379728#msg379728
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 03:32:58 am »
Why can't i vote all the options?

blarg: