*Author

Offline serprexTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1114897#msg1114897
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 03:45:42 am »
https://github.com/serprex/openEtG/commit/b397a16657a745ef0f02c6b14063a10c5e16af5b#diff-eacf331f0ffc35d4b482f1d15a887d3bR195
I've added a basic layout for AI. Currently demonstrates with an AI that will play pillars and discard if hand is full. Note that while the demo AI is written plainly in index.html, one should define their AI in a separate file. I plan to eventually use RequireJS, so feel free to write AI in that style

If you decide you want a db to store learning information in, I'd suggest using redis as that's my current goal for storing player info in

PS Works in Chrome now
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:57:14 am by serprex »

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1114954#msg1114954
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 12:35:39 pm »
sounds like this is proceeding nicely hopefully this will be fully functional after christmas
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline Jyiber

• Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1115098#msg1115098
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2013, 01:06:39 am »
Hopefully we can test a few card ideas out, if it hasn't already been suggested.

Also, new AIs...
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1115155#msg1115155
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 03:34:26 pm »
Made some elemental symbols that keep the same colors but use different designs than the ones in EtG
Spoiler for 32 pixels:

Spoiler for full size:

Spoiler for what the things drawing in the marks should be:
Entropy -> shattered glass (looks good in the bigger version, looks weird in the smaller one)
Gravity -> Planetary System (satisfied with this one)
Death -> Skull and Bones (looks a bit too cute, but that's the best I can do)
Life -> Leaf (not satisfied)
Time -> An Hourglass (this one looks better in the smaller version. Overall satisfied)
Aether -> A dimensional rift (I botched this one :P)
Earth -> Mountains (extremely satisfied with the result)
Air -> currents (simple but gets the message through)
Fire -> Flame (satisfied with it)
Water -> Rain (Made some mistakes in the original but they disappear in the smaller version)
Darkness -> Abstract shadows (abstract is abstract)
Light -> Abstract Flare (the smaller icon seems to shine because of the gradients, mission accomplished)

There is definitely room for improving some of them.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:14:05 am by andretimpa »
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

• Administrator
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1115169#msg1115169
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 04:48:29 pm »
Icons added, thanks

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1116367#msg1116367
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 09:30:40 pm »
Admin statements have been requested, so I will confirm: this is currently a legal project. My statement does not in any way reflect zanz' stance and I will follow his if he states anything different.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1116452#msg1116452
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2013, 06:34:06 am »
Thank you, Higurashi! This will at least cut down on certain questions we have received. So until Zanz says otherwise, we can keep working on this. That's helpful to know.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1116517#msg1116517
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »
Did a bit of testing today (it is much more playable now that there are icons and you don't need to hover the mouse to get stats and stack sizes) and animate weapon doesn't seem to work (it just won't play the card, even with a weapon in the slot and with quanta to play it).

Read some parts of the code and I think I found a problem in the Shard Golem. It currently requires 7 SoG to get the mitosis ability (if I understood the code right).
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

• Administrator
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1116521#msg1116521
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2013, 09:00:03 pm »
Corrected Shard Golem issue
You may be getting confused because I haven't added targeting graphics. Flying Weapon has been changed to target players (thus you can fly your opponent's weapon). A player's hitbox is their health text

I should mention that I feel the code is up to par at this point to begin progressing beyond the current Elements cardpool/mechanics. Still unsure how best to determine deciding new cards/buffs/nerfs, but putting it out there

There was implications earlier that with pvp servers down this might be a suitable alternative for matchs, but there are some large scale changes that make this impractical already: CC shields affecting weapons, randomquanta being proportional, complete reshuffle for automulligan. While those examples wouldn't be hard to fix, I've decided that my changes are fixing broken things in Elements. I personally don't have the will to maintain two branches, so a more strict adherence to Elements would have to maintained by someone else. Since I'm not that someone else, I might as well not be them half assedly
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:36:24 pm by serprex »

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1116564#msg1116564
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2013, 03:36:01 am »
Yo. Feel free to use any of the artwork I made for EtG, just email me at vrt@vrt-designs.com and let me know.

If you need any more art made I might be able to do something, but again - email me, we'll see.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline LITHE

• Reputation Power: 2
  • LITHE is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Guild of Death member
  • Awards: Blitz Brush - MS Paint #6 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1116569#msg1116569
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2013, 04:46:07 am »
Since psion is changed into a status rather than an active skill keeping the spell damage status with mutation/overdrive doesn't need to be mentioned as something that could be fixed because it is in keeping with how statuses work. I hope that made sense.
╘═╦══╦═╗ ╔═╛
  ║  ╠═╬══
╚═══╩═╕ ╙ ╚═╕

• Administrator
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1116853#msg1116853
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2013, 02:50:37 pm »
vrt: Email sent. Very grateful
LITHE: if mutant psions' spelldamage is OP, code can be written so that preexisting psion status is removed when transforming. But yes, that change is implied so I've removed noting it in an attempt to keep the list of differences concise

On changing the code to emulate original behavior: I've modified the active system to support multiple actives (still not perfect, can't have multiple actives of the same kind). While this is useful in defining cards, it conflicts with alternate uses of active changing cards being lobo methods

Fixing this isn't impossible: when changing an active, instead of saying "c.active.cast = Actives.destroy" in BE, I'd say "c.active = {cast: Actives.destroy}" but it raises the question of whether the lobo'ing is really necessary for _all_ active overriding spells. Any opinions would be appreciated. To note: Devourer's passive is now an active alongside burrow, so Butterpest would no longer work if BE didn't only overwrite burrow

I personally think stuff like Butterpest is neat, thus that more card synergies like that would be good, and that lobo'ing should be explicit. I've read complaints that active overriding spells were downsizing aether's lobotomize (inb4 aether hate). Still, if there's any active replacements which feel like they should explicitly lobo, do mention

edit active chaining implemented. So "c.active.hit = Actives.vampire" is now "c.addactive('hit', Actives.vampire)" & doesn't lobo scorpions
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:16:48 pm by serprex »

blarg: Amashi