*Author

Opsinis

Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1066421#msg1066421
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »
An individual board for newsletter, probably under Forum News and Announcements. I honestly don't like how newsletter-related threads are occupying General Discussion board now.
Good thought, asked and denied.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1066450#msg1066450
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 05:52:53 pm »
An individual board for newsletter, probably under Forum News and Announcements. I honestly don't like how newsletter-related threads are occupying General Discussion board now.
Not even a sub-forum?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1066498#msg1066498
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 07:51:40 pm »
Not even a sub-forum?
^This. A sub-forum wouldn't clutter up the front page but would make it easier to organize/post newsletters and nomination threads. (Reminds me of 12Realms, when ScaredGirl put a subforum in the literary board because the story was becoming very large.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:53:43 pm by Zblader »

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1066816#msg1066816
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 02:58:27 pm »
The News and Announcements board is there for being seen. A child board would further clutter up the look of the forum main page, which is already very full. I've noticed it's hard for most newbies to navigate themselves even with our welcoming PM, so if anything I'm looking to reduce the number of child boards. Worst of all though, the newsletters would get less views if they weren't in the News and Announcements main board, and that would be a great shame since they're so well constructed.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1066826#msg1066826
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 03:49:11 pm »
any fix for them cluttering GE board though? They are like getting out of control.
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline Plastica

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Plastica is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ᗒᗘᗙᐂᗛᗕᗏ
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1090797#msg1090797
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 12:55:09 am »
Posting to follow the thread.

Offline Theboss1248

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Theboss1248 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1090802#msg1090802
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 02:20:26 am »
There may already be a way to do this but is there a way to make the newsletter fit on the screen without the side scrolling bar?

Offline Shrink

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1090841#msg1090841
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 11:14:51 am »
There may already be a way to do this but is there a way to make the newsletter fit on the screen without the side scrolling bar?

As of right now, the only way I know of "fixing" this issue is by quoting it and bringing it into a PM to preview -without- the spoiler.
That's an awfully dumb fix, so I apologize. I've been trying to figure out how to properly modify the dimensions, but I haven't
had much luck.
Doctor Death

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1102550#msg1102550
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 09:50:16 am »
Heyho Shrinkie. I wanted to post this since almost half a year and always forgot. So it is basically a critique that has nothing to do with minor changes you made, but with the original newsletter:

Basically, 80% of the newsletter are just "facts". Events: x is going on, y has begun. Tournaments: x won, then y won, then z won. And so on and so on. Now, I really think it's good to have this kind of stuff in the newsletter, but I also think that can't be all, because noone takes joy out of reading that. My favourite part is probably the interview, I always read everything there. Card and deck idea of the month are cool too, but that's it. So I'd kind of wish for a bit more of actual content. Of course, I can imagine just how much work it is for you already, so what I'm suggesting is the following:

a) Hire someone (unoffically, not as a staff title of course) who writes a monthly column. This could be a "Rage thread of the month" (This was my first idea and I still find it to be the funniest one, however people might get offended :p), where said person writes about what really pissed him off in this community last month. Alternatively and less risky, the exact opposite: A monthly column where said person writes random stuff about what good things happened to him in this community. (For example, "event x is really fun because of y, thanks so much z for coming up with it", or "player x is such a fair sportsman, he let me replay a match where y happened, we should all learn something from him blabla")
So yeah, stuff like that. Just so we'd have a bit more to actually read. Probably unsurprisingly, I'd be willing to do it btw. :p (I still prefer the rage version though, we could call it "Ze monthly German rage")

b) This might be the case anyway, but if it is, few people know it: Please state that everyone can basically send in anything Elements-related, and if it's cool it will appear in the newsletter. For example a self-drawn Elements related picture - both painted or RL - elements lore, crazy elements screenshots, even some statistical calculations relevant for pvp, and so on. Because the problem is, if you create, for example,  a "monthly screenshot" section, sooner or later people will stop sending something in. So in my opinion, you should give the readers these options and if something cool is sent in you post it and if not, there simply won't be a screenshot/art/... section in that respective newsletter.

'kay, just my ideas. Let me know what you think! Sorry for the bad English, wrote this in a hurry. ^^

Offline Shrink

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1102578#msg1102578
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 11:37:08 am »
I'm a pink kind of guy. See me below.

Heyho Shrinkie. I wanted to post this since almost half a year and always forgot. So it is basically a critique that has nothing to do with minor changes you made, but with the original newsletter:

Basically, 80% of the newsletter are just "facts". Events: x is going on, y has begun. Tournaments: x won, then y won, then z won. And so on and so on. Now, I really think it's good to have this kind of stuff in the newsletter, but I also think that can't be all, because noone takes joy out of reading that. My favourite part is probably the interview, I always read everything there. Card and deck idea of the month are cool too, but that's it. So I'd kind of wish for a bit more of actual content. Of course, I can imagine just how much work it is for you already, so what I'm suggesting is the following:

Subjectivity could get me into troubles, but I like where this is headed.

a) Hire someone (unoffically, not as a staff title of course) who writes a monthly column. This could be a "Rage thread of the month" (This was my first idea and I still find it to be the funniest one, however people might get offended :p), where said person writes about what really pissed him off in this community last month. Alternatively and less risky, the exact opposite: A monthly column where said person writes random stuff about what good things happened to him in this community. (For example, "event x is really fun because of y, thanks so much z for coming up with it", or "player x is such a fair sportsman, he let me replay a match where y happened, we should all learn something from him blabla")
So yeah, stuff like that. Just so we'd have a bit more to actually read. Probably unsurprisingly, I'd be willing to do it btw. :p (I still prefer the rage version though, we could call it "Ze monthly German rage")

Okay, this exact column may not happen, but I have an idea that I think you would settle for.

b) This might be the case anyway, but if it is, few people know it: Please state that everyone can basically send in anything Elements-related, and if it's cool it will appear in the newsletter. For example a self-drawn Elements related picture - both painted or RL - elements lore, crazy elements screenshots, even some statistical calculations relevant for pvp, and so on. Because the problem is, if you create, for example,  a "monthly screenshot" section, sooner or later people will stop sending something in. So in my opinion, you should give the readers these options and if something cool is sent in you post it and if not, there simply won't be a screenshot/art/... section in that respective newsletter.

I welcome all things that get sent to me regarding each of the sections right now. But, it's usually not the case that I receive things.

'kay, just my ideas. Let me know what you think! Sorry for the bad English, wrote this in a hurry. ^^

If this is bad, I'd like to see your good English. Thanks for the suggestions!
Doctor Death

Offline timetock

• Reputation Power: 12
  • timetock is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.timetock is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • wow much infinity wow
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1102583#msg1102583
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 12:03:32 pm »
Get a humor section. ;D We all like humor, yes.

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1102623#msg1102623
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 02:00:08 pm »
Get a humor section. ;D We all like humor, yes.

Have an artist do comics.  Monthly elements comics would be hilarious.  Could have separate story lines and such going on.
My signature is too messy to read >.<

anything
blarg: